beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Would take Muller to Win his Quarter at Wimbledon if the draw is right?

Yeah he has to qualify tomorrow first,but this dude is killing it for 4 months..Depends on the draw of course.He may get another qualifier in his first match and then an easier player in the 2nd..and then you could green out in the 3rd-QF. He has been near unbreakable with his serve and has has past success on grass there. Maybe worth .25 unit. Could possibly be 50-100 to 1 if the books fall asleep.

JC1186
    JC1186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4225

Muller has been killing it. And he's a former Wimbledon Quarter or Semi finalist if memory serves me well.

However the odds and draw would have to be pretty spectacular. In fact to answer your question - No. I don't think he has much of a chance at all. And even at odds of 50/1 I definitely wouldn't take it.

The difference in quality between the Challenger tournaments he's been winning and those competing in the 3rd round onwards at Grand Slam level is vast.

And Muller many times is winning those matches against mugs in TB's. I watch and bet on a lot of Challenger tournaments and I'm reminded every single time just how much better the guys in the Top 40-60 in the world are compared to those around the 150 mark or worse.

If I were you I'd be playing it match by match.

beefcake
    Update your status

Well said.Guess I have to wait and see on the draw. Still I usually go with my gut if I think about something this early. If the draw is right I will go for it. But yes playing round by round would be better math wise i guess.

beefcake
    Update your status

Easy win first up..then plays FED..But Fed lost to someone worse than him last year..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't that Benneteau is an easy win. He beat Muller at Wimbledon and had Roger on the ropes before the roof was closed I believeand Fed came back to win. Very capable on grass. Don't see any point in taking Muller. He could spring an upset, but he could be out on Day 1.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Feds will not lose to somebody like Muller this year. That is unless they were playing soccer and it was a different Muller. I think Feds' eyes almost popped when he saw his draw; this is probably his last chance and best chance to make it to the final.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by JC1186 View Post
    Muller has been killing it. And he's a former Wimbledon Quarter or Semi finalist if memory serves me well.

However the odds and draw would have to be pretty spectacular. In fact to answer your question - No. I don't think he has much of a chance at all. And even at odds of 50/1 I definitely wouldn't take it.

The difference in quality between the Challenger tournaments he's been winning and those competing in the 3rd round onwards at Grand Slam level is vast.

And Muller many times is winning those matches against mugs in TB's. I watch and bet on a lot of Challenger tournaments and I'm reminded every single time just how much better the guys in the Top 40-60 in the world are compared to those around the 150 mark or worse.

If I were you I'd be playing it match by match.
    see ranking mean something for majority of matches zheng/becker being exceptions