poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

How could I have been so blind? Djoker/Nadal revisited

Nole was not sick, at least not sick in the way we thought he was. A sick man (with a stomach virus) does not fly to Ibiza after "throwing up" at the French Open and prance around wet, in his bathing suit, with his gleeful entourage: see following article,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...rip-Ibiza.html

Here is what happened with Djok-off, and something I totally missed in my cap of this match. Djoker got engaged (and really this is all you needed to know, or consider, to realize that he would never beat a guy, Nadal, who is married to tennis) and what happens to guys who get engaged (just look at the golfer fellow who dumped Woz, cause he knew what was good form, or Agassi, who didn't know what was good for him, when he married Brooke, or Tiger who has yet to recover from his marriage)? They get distracted, they get nervous, they get scared. Suddenly their life passes before their eyes (or their life being stuck with one woman till death do them part) while the women of their dreams (unbeknownst to her/them) become a source of nightmares. The male ego suddenly feels trapped, like a wounded animal, with nowhere to hide and no one turn to. Everyone is congratulating the guy, the woman of his dreams is planning the rest of his life for him, and all he can think about is how the hell he will get himself out of this mess (or cheat on her for the next twenty years without her catching him, and taking away half his earnings). You think this guy gave a damn about the French Open? Part of him did, of course, because routine is all you can count on when you are about to lose your life (metaphorically speaking). But it is the part that didn't give a shit, the part that was fighting his other part and was too distracted to care, that cost him the French. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that any physical ailments Djoker may have had were a direct result of his inner turmoil and conflict. At a time in his life when he should be happy, hopeful and committed, he is full of angst, despair and self-doubt, which does not bode well for a guy playing tennis against a man who is willing to sacrifice everything (even his body) for a game he loves more than anything (or anyone) else.

Of course, the Rafa lovers will say Djoker never had a shot, but think about this, even a half committed, puking (in more ways than one) Djoker took Rafa to the brink: cramps were setting in (by his own admission), his knee and back were giving out, and if Djoker had not chocked (or played such careless, half-ass tennis on his serve) Rafa would have lost in 5.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

I admit marriage process is tough mentally but Nadal and his team is always modest.

Nadal dominated the game, he killed Ferrer and Murray before Novak and he was very modest before and after those games too

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

lol @ troicki in novak's entourage.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Tbh if anyone bothered to actually watch tennis rather then just blinding betting on it, they would hav been able to tell that Novak wasnt playing great and Nadal was gradually getting better.

u dnt even need to know stuff like this or if nadals back was playing up or watever other excuse/reasoning if people bothered to actually watch tennis and then made bets of that

like i said multiple times in all the other threads, in the last 3 encounters between the two, this was the easiest one to cap and all the real punters that bet for a living could see this as the line got pounded almost down to 1.5 by game time. another reason y u should just follow the line if u feel the need to make a bet bt nt been watching the tennis

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    like i said multiple times in all the other threads, in the last 3 encounters between the two, this was the easiest one to cap and all the real punters that bet for a living could see this as the line got pounded almost down to 1.5 by game time. another reason y u should just follow the line if u feel the need to make a bet bt nt been watching the tennis
    You need a better book - it closed at 1.735 at pinnacle.

Following a line is a terrible idea btw. Essentially you're conceding others have a better idea than you - when they've stopped pushing the price down, that means they no longer consider it value. That's not the time to bet.

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    You need a better book - it closed at 1.735 at pinnacle.

Following a line is a terrible idea btw. Essentially you're conceding others have a better idea than you - when they've stopped pushing the price down, that means they no longer consider it value. That's not the time to bet.
    odds on pinnacle r always higher then other books. most books had it at 1.6 and some close to 1.5.

the ppl able to influence lines do hav a better idea then me and everyone else on here. im nt saying grab lines wen its absolutely pounded down. im saying grab it wen u realise the line is going down quite a bit and pick and choose ur spots, not every single line that is going down.

bababooey13

Tbh if anyone bothered to actually watch tennis rather then just blinding betting on it, they would hav been able to tell that Novak wasnt playing great and Nadal was gradually getting better.

u dnt even need to know stuff like this or if nadals back was playing up or watever other excuse/reasoning if people bothered to actually watch tennis and then made bets of that

Talking like this after the result is funny. Good for you and your fellow pro bettors for seeing this coming a mile away. Let me know how you do following those line moves on a regular basis. Better yet, start up a thread and keep a record to help us get some propper tips from a pro.
    Last edited by bababooey13; 06-10-14 at 02:35 PM.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the engagement only effects him at Slams? LoL.

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey13 View Post
    Talking like this after the result is funny. Good for you and your fellow pro bettors for seeing this coming a mile away. Let me know how you do following those line moves on a regular basis. Better yet, start up a thread and keep a record to help us get some propper tips from a pro.
    lol y so butthurt?

i posted i was on nadal and guessed 3-1 prior to the match. also mentioned everything in that post prior to the match so dono y u getting so butthurt.

in terms of starting a thread, i got nothing to prove. i already admitted im not better then the ppl able to influence lines and if anyone on here thinks they r, they r kidding themselves. if u want to follow the lines, then follow the lines. if u dnt want to, then dont. again dnt get wat ur problem is there.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    So the engagement only effects him at Slams? LoL.
    Being engaged and becoming a father are distractions/complications that can affect a person at any time. Majors are obviously a lot more pressure filled and stressful than other tournaments; so yes, I think these outside distractions/influences will have more of an impact in a major. Also, having a hedonist/playboy/ex-tennis player as your coach probably doesn't help matters. If Novak had chosen a taskmaster like Ivan, he would have been better off during this transformative phase of his life.

bababooey13

lol y so butthurt?

i posted i was on nadal and guessed 3-1 prior to the match. also mentioned everything in that post prior to the match so dono y u getting so butthurt.

in terms of starting a thread, i got nothing to prove. i already admitted im not better then the ppl able to influence lines and if anyone on here thinks they r, they r kidding themselves. if u want to follow the lines, then follow the lines. if u dnt want to, then dont. again dnt get wat ur problem is there.
    i bet on joker. tough loss for me. coming in here & reading your post patting yourself on the back practically giving yourself a blowjob, i felt id respond. especially since your post claimed anyone who bet on joker doesn't watch tennis and blindly bets. thats what got me. didn't call you names or start any fight. just thought id respond to the silly post with some smart-ass'ness. anyhoo, take care.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Being engaged and becoming a father are distractions/complications that can affect a person at any time. Majors are obviously a lot more pressure filled and stressful than other tournaments; so yes, I think these outside distractions/influences will have more of an impact in a major. Also, having a hedonist/playboy/ex-tennis player as your coach probably doesn't help matters. If Novak had chosen a taskmaster like Ivan, he would have been better off during this transformative phase of his life.
    I just find it funny. He won at least half a dozen titles since they got engaged last Fall, including several Masters. I hope most of your theory is just tongue n cheek fun. I think it has very little bearing on people with strong relationships. Divorce, death or breakup certainly is another story.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I just find it funny. He won at least half a dozen titles since they got engaged last Fall, including several Masters. I hope most of your theory is just tongue n cheek fun. I think it has very little bearing on people with strong relationships. Divorce, death or breakup certainly is another story.
    Marriage is simply a slow death EP, but a death nonetheless

poet

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post

Kenz, this is the first time I ever saw this. My god, man, Nole is first class a-hole. I always knew that, but he has done such good job concealing it of late, that I forgot. This seems mean spirited (like some of his on court parodies, though not all), something someone does out of jealousy or envy. If he was a comedian it would be a different story, but these guys are in the same profession.