sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Joker/Ass Picker Best Point by Point tennis rivalry ever??

These guys are sick. You might not even see these kind of points at all in some matches between some of the big rivalries of the past

Sampras/aggasi- no
    lendel/edberg/wilander - no
    fed vs either joker or ass picker-no
    martini/chrissy - maybe
    conners/mcenroe-hell no

Any one agree or have other rivalries that produced anywhere near this quality of tennis??

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

McEnroe-Borg was a good one from all that I have read. I've watched a couple of their big matches on ESPN Classic and the Interwebs. They had some great Grand Slam meetings.

Nadal-Djokovic really has only become a great one in the last three-four years since Nadal became a better all-court player and they started meeting at a lot more Slams.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    McEnroe-Borg was a good one from all that I have read. I've watched a couple of their big matches on ESPN Classic and the Interwebs. They had some great Grand Slam meetings.

Nadal-Djokovic really has only become a great one in the last three-four years since Nadal became a better all-court player and they started meeting at a lot more Slams.
    Ah forgot about some Wimblies with those 2. Good times watching those as a kid.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty fortunate to have two guys playing side by side in their prime. I think that's why Nadal-Federer is a couple notches below since there was an age gap. We need to enjoy the next year or two because we're about to see a major shift on the men's side. It's probably going to shift back to more of a free for all soon ... which will make futures plays at Slams very interesting.