frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Murray hires Mauresmo as his new coach

From Lendl to Mauresmo. WTF ???

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Lol a man girl how desperate. Prob all happened while at the French, first talks and everything spur of the moment. Silly.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    From Lendl to Mauresmo. WTF ???
    Its just for wimbeldon.... Not a big deal

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Mauresmo has coached other male players. Probably a solid move by Murray although he never should have gotten rid of Lendl. Murray is UK trash. Really wish Henman would've won it.

frugalgambler

Eh, Murray was dumped by Lendl not the other way around. As for "just for Wimbledon" remark by Matt, this is the biggest GS for Murray so I have no idea what is going on. Reminds me a lot of that move by Masha to team up with Connors for one week or so. The thing is, Mauresmo was known for being a notorious mental midget and I do not think Murray needs more lessons on how to be one. I think an early exit for Murray@Wimby is very likely.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Eh, Murray was dumped by Lendl not the other way around. As for "just for Wimbledon" remark by Matt, this is the biggest GS for Murray so I have no idea what is going on. Reminds me a lot of that move by Masha to team up with Connors for one week or so. The thing is, Mauresmo was known for being a notorious mental midget and I do not think Murray needs more lessons on how to be one. I think an early exit for Murray@Wimby is very likely.
    I don't know man, I think Murray can win it all, look what he did on his worst surface just recently... His back is fine, it's between the ears now. The only person I see Murray possibly losing to is Djokovic at wimby, maybe fed. Thats it

frugalgambler

You are right Matt, but the "between the ears" aspect might be strongly affected by Amelie. Just imagine, in critical moments instead of looking at the stoic champion Lendl in his box he will be looking at a nervous wreck of Mauresmo.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I don't know man, I think Murray can win it all, look what he did on his worst surface just recently... His back is fine, it's between the ears now. The only person I see Murray possibly losing to is Djokovic at wimby, maybe fed. Thats it
    Dreamin'.

Dudes beaten no one of value this year and all of a sudden you think he has a good chance at winning Wimbledon.

"look what he did on his worst surface just recently"
    all i saw was him almost losing to crap players and then getting smashed by his first good opponent

he is 0-3 on grass against nadal so its not just novak and maybe fed

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Gruber View Post
    Mauresmo has coached other male players. Probably a solid move by Murray although he never should have gotten rid of Lendl. Murray is UK trash. Really wish Henman would've won it.
    That reminds of the infamous quote by Hingis: "Mauresmo is half a man". But is half a man better than no man at all ? Methinks not. Of course, Murray might just win it all at Wimby and that will be hailed as the greatest achievement in the history of LBGT movement.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's not forget Murray has not been 100% all year from the back surgery. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting from him, but you don't normally come back from back surgery in a stress sport and return to greatness within even six months some times.

Funny thing is everyone is making this out to be some breakthrough hire. Been plenty of women who have coached men, including Andy's Mom. Anyone bagging on Mauresmo's coaching ability shouldn't - she was Bartoli's coach last year when she won Wimbledon.

frugalgambler

Murray was coached by his mom before he turned pro. A successful female coach for a top-5 player will be a big big deal, not that I see it happening. You made some valid points, EP36: Andy has actually been playing much better than most expected after the surgery and I am happy to see that (plus he made me some coin making the semis@RG).

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Wish the best for Andy

He brings excitement to the sport