Nadal/Djokovic French Open finals

Nadal open -125 at 5dimes

any thoughts

alexus110
    alexus110's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Is Joker sick?

Douglas Robson@dougrobson 2 mins
    Djokovic took more than 2 hours to come to press and referred to some physical issues he did not want to discuss, but sounded a little sick.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Only -118 at Pinnacle

Any one planning to slam Nadal, he has lost only 1 match at Roland Garros during his career(Robin Soderling).

AceAce
    AceAce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3193

Djokovic all the way!

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

As much as I hate jokeboy, the metrosexual fvckface that he is, this is the biggest match of his career and I think it's his to lose. I don't read too much into Nadals victory today as Murray is a useless since he won last summer.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

​Djokovic looked gassed in set 4 vs gulbis... I'm hammering Nadal at a beautiful price...

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    ​Djokovic looked gassed in set 4 vs gulbis... I'm hammering Nadal at a beautiful price...
    I bet metrosexual loser in the SF match last year and I nearly went insane and still haven't recovered. I'm going to play it safe and just watch...that is if NBC can squeeze it into their schedule on Sunday.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

I am not into psychological stuff like "X should be motivated" or "Y must feel the pressure" although there definitely is times where you can use such observations. Even though, if I were to say something on that point, it would be that both players should be really motivated here. It's a match for the first place in the rankings and Nadal has to defend not only the place but he also has to fight, so that he can win his first big title this year (he has one "small" title in South America and one more where he won due to Nishikori's injury in the final).

Now there is a little degen voice that tells me Nadal ML but I am most probably not touching anything here.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Matt, I hear he might be sick. I didn't see the match but the guy looked listless in the photos. I have a lot riding on Djoker and I hate it when this crap happens. If he is sick, he will conceal it until after the match when everyone who bet on him is screwed out of their money. Luckily, I got him at + money so I can hedge out completely at almost no loss but still not sure.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Matt, I hear he might be sick. I didn't see the match but the guy looked listless in the photos. I have a lot riding on Djoker and I hate it when this crap happens. If he is sick, he will conceal it until after the match when everyone who bet on him is screwed out of their money. Luckily, I got him at + money so I can hedge out completely at almost no loss but still not sure.
    Poet, I think djoker will start off by winning set 1 as if he is really sick, that might be his only chance.. Djoker looked out of gas near the end of the gulbis match. I was actually a little nervous had gulbis pushed it to a 5th set

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Poet, I think djoker will start off by winning set 1 as if he is really sick, that might be his only chance.. Djoker looked out of gas near the end of the gulbis match. I was actually a little nervous had gulbis pushed it to a 5th set
    Even Joker was worried about a 5th. In his presser he said he didn't know what would happen. I think what you are saying is true. He has to get that 1st set (if his ill) to have any chance. I guess I can take chance with the live bet and get + money on Nadal if he loses the 1st. What a crappy predicament. You work your whole life to get to this stage (where you can finally win the French) and a cold does you in. I guess it could be worse, like LBJ cramping in the middle of the finals as the Heat are about to take game 1. What's funny is, I was thinking the other day, "it is amazing how more of these players don't catch colds before the finals"; funny how random thoughts like that come to fruition.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Still two days to recover. Modern medicine can work wonders, as long as it is not his wrist. But, even if Djoker gets healthy, Nadal is still the fav.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Even Joker was worried about a 5th. In his presser he said he didn't know what would happen. I think what you are saying is true. He has to get that 1st set (if his ill) to have any chance. I guess I can take chance with the live bet and get + money on Nadal if he loses the 1st. What a crappy predicament. You work your whole life to get to this stage (where you can finally win the French) and a cold does you in. I guess it could be worse, like LBJ cramping in the middle of the finals as the Heat are about to take game 1. What's funny is, I was thinking the other day, "it is amazing how more of these players don't catch colds before the finals"; funny how random thoughts like that come to fruition.
    hedge out now!!!!

orig i was leaning joker but him having won last few against nadal and nadal at roland gatos is a completely different animal. now possible sickness talk. i'd bet nadal now if i were you. i don't see joker winning this at all

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

5 Dimes had Djokovic -102 to win the FO before today's matches.

Now he's +107 as a result of the illness or whatever.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

In the last 2 finals of joker/ass picker, I think the TV guys nailed what was going on to account for Jokers success. Joker was pounding Nadals 2nd serve straight down the T and Ass picker kept trying to go for angles that weren't there instead of hitting the ball back up the middle. If Uncle Tony and camp can't figure this out and make adjustments at this point then they just suck. I see nadal adjusting and winning the match in 4

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    In the last 2 finals of joker/ass picker, I think the TV guys nailed what was going on to account for Jokers success. Joker was pounding Nadals 2nd serve straight down the T and Ass picker kept trying to go for angles that weren't there instead of hitting the ball back up the middle. If Uncle Tony and camp can't figure this out and make adjustments at this point then they just suck. I see nadal adjusting and winning the match in 4

I ain't betting though Going enjoy the match

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Nadal's forehand is unreal. I have 500 bucks novak outright @2.75 but much to that Forehand and his Forehand statistics and less to my recent luck I dont have great spirits about it.
    If it is sunny + that forehand performs well things wont be easy for Nole

baconbets
    baconbets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

these finals ML odds are interesting when you consider that nadal's semis future was longer than djokovic's, but now nadal is the favorite in the finals. anyone who took nadal future at around +120 or so already has guaranteed money on djokovic finals ML hedge, albeit small. not sure whether the inversion is a reaction to nadal rolling through murray, which should have been expected by any clear-headed adult anyway and therefore baked into his futures.

seems like over 3.5 sets -275 is a decent "square" bet here. hard to imagine either guy mysteriously not showing up and getting blown off 3-0. in a similarly conservative bet @ -275, rafa +1.5 sets covers all his wins plus gives him 5th set hyperbaric egg protection.

ardacet8
    ardacet8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5098

Guys, I said before that Djokovic odds are shitty (even minus levels) at futures. Pinnacle just had a market "IF Djokovic and Nadal plays the final, who to win it" and the odds were minus on Nadal side and evens or maybe even plus for Joker. So I waited for the final, cashing "Nadal vs Djokovic final to happen" bet meanwhile. I will decide which side to bet tomorrow, but I really consider only to play props (which are such a reliable bank for me in these mens grand slams) and look for live betting and observe how things are shaping up. GL to you all.