theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hantuchova vs Kerber

Haven't posted here in a really really long time. Good to be back, see all the old sharps are still around.

Any thoughts on the above matchup? Leaning towards Hantuchova, 3.75 is great odds for her against a implosive player like Kerber. Kerber hasn't been too impressive in the leadup to the French Open, fancy Daniela for a upset here.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I agree, Hantuchova last year was coming back from injury. She now seems to back healthy and a few years back was a terror on the tour. Kerber has been know to muck it up. Thats a hell of a price.Worth it IMO. Good luck!!

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Odds seem nice, but I don't see Hantuchova coming through. She is relying heavily on her shot making abilities, but that is not enough to beat player like Kerber. Especially in these slow, heavy conditions, where Kerber will get most of shots back in play.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

On grass, maybe. Not on clay.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Kerber saved 8 break points against a tough opponent. I think she will win tomorrow

theballsflop
    Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Odds seem nice, but I don't see Hantuchova coïming through. She is relying heavily on her shot making abilities, but that is not enough to beat player like Kerber. Especially in these slow, heavy conditions, where Kerber will get most of shots back in play.
    I may be mistaken but isnt kerber the one that goes for bombs and not daniela? If so shouldnt it be the other way round.. daniela will be the one take advantage of the slower court and positionally put herself at an advantage over kerber?

frugalgambler

You are mistaken. Kerber is all about steady baseline play. Most likely, Hantuchova will have a tough time hanging with her in long rallies. Now, both of them do not like to play on clay, but Kerber has a better claycourt game.

frugalgambler

You do realize that Daniela likes fast courts and grass is her best surface ?

theballsflop
    Fish

Thanks for the headsup. Been too long since i watched tennis.

regardless, shld be a nice treat for the eyes.