MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Monaco vs Dr Ivo

Monaco should roll here on clay right? Maybe he's starting to gain momentum after rolling Becker and Granollers in his 1st 2 matches of the tourney. Think Dr Ivo would have to serve out of his mind to win here. Thoughts?

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    Monaco should roll here on clay right? Maybe he's starting to gain momentum after rolling Becker and Granollers in his 1st 2 matches of the tourney. Think Dr Ivo would have to serve out of his mind to win here. Thoughts?
    I've always found strong servers had a big advantage vs very unreliable serves.

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

monaco looks like baby-nadal so far this week, i wouldn't be betting against him , but where is the value here? hard to trust the spread or over/under with a a servebot on the other side. im passing. bol

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

No offense but Monaco has not really faced anybody steady enough this week for people to be comparing him to Nadal. If Dr. Ivo can serve well today, this one is probably going over. Dr. Ivo 1st set might be also interesting. Monaco is very likely to be broken at least once today, even by somebody like Dr. Ivo.

bababooey13

lol just saying he's looked amazing. yes, competition has been shitty but still seeing very little UE's which is usually his downfall. i don't trust dr. ivo breaking him unless he self destructs.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

1st set Monaco for sure. He always gets the first break even if he loses the game and sometimes first set and it is unlikely he will get broken after it by Ivo. Monaco plays solid this week.

One downfall. Ivo has a game Monaco dpes npt like. Monaco likes long rallies and it may be tough for him to get into rhythm. Just like Nishi played bad against Raonic and F. Lopez and played well against Ferrer and Nadal. Djokovic played bad against Raonşic well against Nadal. Guys who like long rallies play better against similar guys

frugalgambler

Whenever somebody says "for sure" and "always" when talking about betting it is always a good sign if you are on the other side. Dr. Ivo takes 1st set. Mental Monaco did have a couple of BPs so hopefully he will get his break in the 2nd set.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I've always found strong servers had a big advantage vs very unreliable serves.
    The big man is just a bad match up for certain opponents. I find when there this much of a variation in serve. It's always the server who comes out on top. Top 10 server vs bottom 10 server. Yikes.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Whenever somebody says "for sure" and "always" when talking about betting it is always a good sign if you are on the other side. Dr. Ivo takes 1st set. Mental Monaco did have a couple of BPs so hopefully he will get his break in the 2nd set.
    I am on Karlo live bet douche

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    I am on Karlo live bet douche
    Idiot, I just quoted what you said pre-match. "Monaco 1st for sure", was it ? Monaco "always" comes back too ? Anyway, this is just too hilarious. You seem to be a decent enough capper but your ego makes you vulnerable.

kenz

Yeah I said it. And I lost from it, but I am also on Karlo ML @2.50ish. I was expecting a tough matchup for Monaco, 2nd paragraph

I dont like being adressed that way

kenz

Monaco has a hard time making a comeback from 0-1, he may now, but I did not say he always makes a comeback

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Why do fellow cappers try to kill each other.... We share the same enemy

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingLuckCharm View Post
    It's a crazy phenomenon. Some people deserve it but there is a lot of random mud slung over the tiniest details. That's the internet for you I suppose.

kenz

Good one

kenz

Come on doc, serve this out

kenz

King of clay, Dr Ivoooooooo......

In your face Monaco the dirt bugger

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    King of clay, Dr Ivoooooooo......

In your face Monaco the dirt bugger

Vesely going to beat down his ass the next round

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Contrarily. The bookie is not your real enemy. Your real enemy is betting public, other bettors. In fact, you're not taking bookie's enemy. When you make a withdrawal, actually you're taking other people's money. If you kill the bookie, who will pay you? Bookie is not your real enemy. You're not beating the bookie, you're beating other bettors.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Bet10Heinekens View Post

Vesely going to beat down his ass the next round
    Live bet for me

bababooey13

Glad I didnt bet this one
    Nice hit karlo backers.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    The big man is just a bad match up for certain opponents. I find when there this much of a variation in serve. It's always the server who comes out on top. Top 10 server vs bottom 10 server. Yikes.
    "always".

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The good doctor could be making his way back into the top 20

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    "always".
    My bad, "not always" but I swear I get roasted by a huge server that barely knows how to return over a solid returner who has a average serve at best.

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

how do u get broken by dr ivo on clay? monaco should bury himself in a hole
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bababooey13

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by professionalAD View Post
    how do u get broken by dr ivo on clay? monaco should bury himself in a hole
    Was thinking just that. You don't need to do anything, just serve to the backhand, high net clearance, nowhere near the lines, move him about.

kenz

Guys not that simple.

Ivo has a mediocre BH slice and a very powerful FH, not to menton serve. We know Monaco is always shaky and he was tense. Ivo produced winners with FH and net points also aced like 20 times. Monaco is not comfortable when not playing long rallies. He could not play like yesterday

frugalgambler

Monaco was pretty shaky today, as I expected. The break he got in the 2nd set was off Dr. Ivo serving a DF (thank you Dr. Ivo for the over). As for a bit name-calling with kenz, I cannot say I started it first, at least not in this thread. Anyway, I like your thread, kenz, although I do not share all of your opinions. I will be polite from now on, if you promise to do that as well.

I capped this one perfectly, but cannot say about my other tennis bets from today. Right now, I am betting peanuts on tennis anyway and I am breaking about even over the past few weeks. After the NBA is done, I might muster my courage to start my own thread, just to check if the SBR curse still exists. There should be more threads in this forum with hopefully more useful information being shared. The whole talk about who is whose enemy is a bit pointless. The focus should be on beating the lines and finding useful angles, but I cannot deny that there is some occasional pleasure in being right when going against other cappers' opinions.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Monaco was pretty shaky today, as I expected. The break he got in the 2nd set was off Dr. Ivo serving a DF (thank you Dr. Ivo for the over). As for a bit name-calling with kenz, I cannot say I started it first, at least not in this thread. Anyway, I like your thread, kenz, although I do not share all of your opinions. I will be polite from now on, if you promise to do that as well.

I capped this one perfectly, but cannot say about my other tennis bets from today. Right now, I am betting peanuts on tennis anyway and I am breaking about even over the past few weeks. After the NBA is done, I might muster my courage to start my own thread, just to check if the SBR curse still exists. There should be more threads in this forum with hopefully more useful information being shared. The whole talk about who is whose enemy is a bit pointless. The focus should be on beating the lines and finding useful angles, but I cannot deny that there is some occasional pleasure in being right when going against other cappers' opinions.

BOL. I dont like some of my posts, I admit I am kinda thin-skinned on internet