sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Joker-if stays unhurt will pass Feds in titles

The dude is just so good at switching gears. He understands that a tennis match is a war that is made up of many mini battles. He understands some battles are more important than others and can at will dial it up when he needs to.

Nadal has only 1 speed-he must win every battle. He will be out of tennis in a few years if not sooner. The steroids cant keep his body together forever.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

only issue is he is not winning majors at a high clip

He gets real deep and seems to lose most of them

I agree he is best player in world

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

No chance in my opinion. He's 11 behind to tie. He's in the same era as the best clay court player ever in Nadal, even if Nadal is weaker right now than ever before. So the French for him really is like the French for Federer. To win, most likely he's going to need to benefit from an upset.

The Australian & US Opens and Wimbledon, he's always in the hunt. Aussie, he wins. US Open, he usually finds a way to lose. Wimbledon, the same. He has a tough time finishing. With the inconsistencies of all the top guys now and the guys who can push on hard courts - he'd need at least one of those dream years where he wins 3/4 or 4/4 to have a shot. If you give him the benefit of the doubt and say he averages two Slam wins per year - he's going to need into his early 30s to get close. As we know, you usually do not get better with age. The best thing guys like Nadal, Murray and Djokovic have going for them is there is no dominant player on the horizon. There are fringe guys who show promise like Dimitrov, but they have not broken through yet to threaten the big boys at Slams.

The real shame to me is that Del Potro is so fragile. I really think he could have done some damage in his prime, but between his physical breakdowns and how that effects him mentally - he's likely done as a PTP-er in Slams. He'll be a quarterfinals type if he can stay healthy.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see it either. Even though Djoker is in his prime right now, I can see a steady decline in about three years when he reaches 30. It is incredibly difficult to win slams after 30 due to the grueling sport of tennis. Only two players that have been able to sustain this level and that's Federer and Agassi. If Djoker stays on top of his game, he will win two more slams per year for the next four years. This is still an incredible feat but that will equate to about 8 to 9 more slams at the most.

He'll come close but he won't surpass Federer.

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

He has won one slam in the last two years. No chance.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Djokovic will end up with 10 to 12 grand slams (and that's an optimistic statement).