SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

The Ymer Thread

Thought I'll make a thread for them instead of clogging up the Live Commentary Thread.

If you're wondering who the Ymer's are, they are Elias and Mikael. One is 18 and the other is only 15. Why I make a thread for them is because they are worth keeping an eye on if you want to make some money. Both players are similar as they are brothers, and they both have a reasonably weak serve but are good at returning so expect some breaks throughout the match.

Firstly, with Elias Ymer there isn't any value left on him pre-game as books are already aware of his talents so set the lines low and even then, the public still pounds the line even lower within a few hours. Elias can play with players ranked around 300 but probably won't win at this point in time with players better than that. Right now, he's only worth betting on if he is down a set or down a break as the odds will be nice and he always makes comebacks if he is down (won a ton of money of him doing this).

Lastly, with Mikael Ymer there is great value on him pre-game but you have to get in early as the lines go down after a few hours. He is only 15 but he probably has more potential than Elias and did well against his brother lately. He is also a fighter and makes comebacks but there's already value on him pre-game unlike Elias. He was down a set and 3-0 last match and ended up winning.

Il keep you guys updated when these guys have games on if there is actually any interest in these two players.

SirtySree

Next game is in bout 6 hours for Mikael Ymer. He is versing Trinker and odds are @3.75 for him on bet365. Mikael is unlikely to win as Trinker is pretty good and took his older brother, Elias to 3 sets not long ago. However, this is in Sweden so Mikael will be use to the conditions and the value is good here.

Conclusion - small bet on Ymer @3.75 and normal bet +games possibly live when available

SirtySree

^ The above game starting soon for anyone interested. Ymer @3 now which is still ok value but anything less than that isn't worth it. The +games is only at +3.5 so leaving that for now with possible live betting later.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

BOL

SirtySree

^ Thanks, you too.

Unfortunately, looking like a loss. Trinker too far ahead of Ymer at this point.

Onto the next. Not sure when either play though so will update if I find out.

SirtySree

Well... maybe not quite. Down a set and double break. Ymer comes back to even it at 5-5 2nd set so still life in this. Pretty much summed up what I wrote earlier about how both the brothers fight till the end which makes me like to bet on them as you can't say that about everyone. Always hate seeing a player just accept defeat when you got a bet on them, one of the more frustrating things about betting.

SirtySree

Updates...

Ymer just won set 2 7-5 after being down double break. Quite remarkable considering he was struggling to hold the whole match and Trinker pretty much holding easily majority of his games. First serve win % was like 35% to 70% and now it has evened up a bit.

Lets go Mikael!

ManeOnFire
    ManeOnFire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

How exactly do I pronounce "Ymer?"

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

In Sweden, they should pronounce the name with a sound a bit like the "i" in "bit" or "pit" but with the lips more forward. They must also put the stress on the first syllable (they do that with loads of names of Arabic/Turkish/etc. origin, even with common ones like "Hassan" or "Ali", where pretty much everybody knows stress isn't on first syllable).

(saying "should" and "must" as I don't know how they actually pronounce his name lol).

SirtySree

Ok so Mikael lost in 3 sets, last set 6-4. Did much better than I thought considering his opponent is good.

Elias Ymer has a game today against Olivetti on clay. Odds at 1.44 against 2.62. Probably one of the best opponents he has come up against so far so not sure how he would do. To be honest, think this is a good fade spot and will wait for the odds to go up on Olivetti before taking him. Only concern is Ymer is a good returner but don't think he's that good to stop Olivetti.

SirtySree

http://www.tennislive.net/atp/match/...n-bastad-2013/

This match against Dimitrov last year though will make it hard to ever fade Ymer on clay. Came close to beating Dimi and Olivetti on clay is poor. On second thought, might just leave the match alone unless the odds get to 1.7+ as the match is in France.

SirtySree

Wow, the Ymer's continue to surprise. Elias just took down Olivetti in 3 sets.

SirtySree

Just a quick update. Elias played couple hours later against Veic and got destroyed 6-1 6-1. Not sure what the odds were on this game as Bet365 didnt offer it. Veic is the better player but think the score was a bit inflated as Ymer just played a long 3 setter.

SirtySree

Digging this thread back up. Elias is playing a semifinal soon and is @1.8 on bet365 against Gomez-Herrera. See great value in this and have a feeling Ymer might lose the first set but come back to win so if you want more value, live bet it if he does go down first set.

SirtySree

Ymer takes it 6-4 6-4. Will post up odds for the finals when its out.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Solid win.

SirtySree

Ymer played the final a couple of hours later. Was on my phone at the time so couldnt post but he was at evens. His opponent was Jose Hernandez who is in great form beating a number of good clay courts plus pushing Santiago Giraldo to 5 sets in a Davis Cup match not long ago. Wasn't confident going in but still made a standard sized bet on Ymer and he won 3-6 7-6 7-5 with yet another one of his trademark comeback wins.

faststeady
    faststeady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7820

loving this thread sirty, there is good money in the lesser markets if you spend some time on them and zero in on a stable of players.

SirtySree

Just a quick update. Mikael hasn't had any matches but Elias has played a few tournaments. He lost to Westerhof in a semifinal but I didn't see a line up for it and was actually waiting for it so got saved there. Currently playing another tourney but nothing of value has come up for a while.

For interests sake, Elias has a 29/5 record on clay this year so far. Losses came against Westerhof, Cacic (retired before match as won a semi and final on the same day already), Veic (solid clay courter and 2nd game of the day), and 2 losses against rather unknowns early in the season. He has entered 8 tournaments (including qualifiers and that retirement) and won 4 on clay this year.

Will continue to update if anything good comes up.

SirtySree

Live betting Elias down a set and early break @2.5.

Risky but these are the situations he has been winning from.

SirtySree

and Elias takes it 4-6 6-3 6-2. odds were at a whooping 3.5 when the other guy held after the break to make it 2-0 2nd set. was so tempted to bet more on it bt thought better of it.

anyways, hope at least 1 person was able to take advantage of this from my post as thats the whole purpose of me posting these updates

SirtySree

Ok so a quick update. Elias won the final of another tourney and is playing another tourney this week. I am quite interested in this one more so than past ones since he is finally having a chance to go up against better players in my opinion. Coppejans and Kubler are both playing so if Elias ends up versing either, I will let u guys know my opinion on the match.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Thanks for the work you put into this thread my friend, very much appreciated! While I've only been able to bet on one of these matches (5dimes never offers these smaller tourneys), this is very good info, especially when he'll start competing in the bigger tourneys and I'll be able to make some money on/against him!

SirtySree

Interesting match for Elias coming up in a few hours against Joris De Loore. Ymer is @1.66 on bet365 but I am not too sure of the value on this. Loore is a good clay courter and just took Busta to 3 sets. I still think Ymer will win but I will go with it live hoping to get it closer to evens.

SirtySree

Ymer @3 down a set. Taking that now.

SirtySree

Darn, really wanted to see Ymer up against Kubler or even Coppejans. He won 2nd set yesterday and then got bagelled in the 3rd. Not 100% sure but there was a lengthy break after the 2nd set so Ymer couldve been injured since he was holding with ease and almost breaking in every game until the 3rd set.

First early exist in a while for him but I will continue to keep track and bet on him until he goes on a bad run.

SirtySree

Ok so another quick update. Kubler ended up winning that tourney by beating Copperjans and Loore the previous round. Loore should've won but choked when up big in the 3rd set tiebreak. Sort of suggests to me that Ymer can compete with these types of players so I hope he continues to play against these guys instead of going back down a level again.

SirtySree

Finally Mikael has a match but it's against fricken Albert Ramos =.="

Also about Elias being injured when he got bagelled in the 3rd set, I think he was since he didn't play the follow up tourney that most of the same players played in and also he isn't playing in this one that his brother is.

Mikael @15 against Ramos, no play at the moment obviously but I can see him surprising Ramos and winning at least a few games so might take something live.

kenz

Looked at the game if there could be an upset but me thinks no. BOL

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    Looked at the game if there could be an upset but me thinks no. BOL
    yea highly unlikely. depending on the + games on bet365 live, there mite be a decent play tho. these two kids usually keep matches close even if they r versing way better talent. (ie. Elias when he versed Dimi last year)

kenz

I think Whittington might make an upset. Was thinking about taking him ML live when 0-1 down in sets @5 or 2nd set at plus money. He broke now 3-1 leading but probably will stay away from this.

If it was Elias I might put some on +hcp

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    I think Whittington might make an upset. Was thinking about taking him ML live when 0-1 down in sets @5 or 2nd set at plus money. He broke now 3-1 leading but probably will stay away from this.

If it was Elias I might put some on +hcp
    I was actually surprised how well Mikael did against Elias. The only thing separating the two was that Elias had a bigger serve cause he's older/physically stronger. I expect Mikael to be end up better than Elias eventually probably by the time he is 18.

In terms of Whittingham, I was very tempted too pregame and also ingame but pretty much ended up with the same decision as u to stay away. Def value there @5 but just couldnt pull the trigger.

SirtySree

Match in 30 mins and odds dropping on Ymer which is a tad annoying as now the +games if available live will be not as good. Hoping to cash in on this Ymer before his odds become like his brothers shortly.

EDIT: +6.5 @1.8 so going to pass. Line went from 15 to 11 to 9 which pretty much made me leave it. Might do something later on but unlikely.
    Last edited by SirtySree; 07-05-14 at 05:49 AM.

SirtySree

Disappointing scoreline for Mikael 6-1 6-0. Expected at least 4 games for him but he did get broken wen up like 40-15 a few times due to his serve which over time will get much better.

Not sure how long Elias will be out of action for but will post here if I see his name pop up in a tourney.

SirtySree

Ok my bad looks like Elias is lined up to play. He is playing at home against Kukushkin and I absolutely love this bet. This is where he came so close to beating Dimi last year and I can see him taking down Kukush altho it wont be easy.

Odds currently at 3.5 on bet365 but looks like it is going up at some places which surprises me. Will wait for the line movement and then post my play. Will be a standard sized bet on ML and maybe some on + games.

1234 Last