Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Meusburger +415 to beat Navarro?

Navarro has played a lot of tennis lately, i think dealing with some wrist concerns as well, why is the line the way it is? Could use some tips.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Because Navarro has been playing well lately, especially on clay, while Mouseburger just does not cut it against top-30 players. I am eyeing CSN at home 2-0, although it is a bit juicy.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Does it concern you that she just won (her first I think?) title and now she's traveling, she's play a ton of tennis lately, she was complaining about her wrist in that final -- she probably went out and got drunk and celebrated? then get on a plane, pretty much have time to just sleep, get a bite, quick warmup, back to the hotel to rest again, and now you're playing again. You think she'll be ready? Maybe you're right. I have no clue, the line just stuck out to me.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

The travel thing shouldnt be a factor. Everyone has to do it and she's been doing it for years now. Ppl here seem to always make it seem like a factor while it rarely is and is only a factor on very few occasions. Usually its only a factor when they go to a small tourney and have a larger tourney shortly after but this is not the case here as this is one of the bigger events of the year.

By the way, some people on here were saying Navarro hasn't won a title before. I got no clue where that idea came from. In fact, she won in Madrid before and a few other places although they were all quite a while ago.

In terms of Meusburger beating Navarro, there is always a chance of anyone beating anyone in tennis but more so in the WTA. Is it worth the play though? Really up to you but for me, I hardly ever play big dogs over 3:1 odds as I find they hardly ever win and I don't like seeing my bankroll go down even if it pays off in the long run.

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

I think Cornet has better chance of beating Kuznetsova. Cornet is a small underdog, but it is much safer.

frugalgambler

CSN is just a level above her opp. And the travel is less than hour by plane. Anything can happen, but I still like CSN 2-0.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

The last time Navarro lost to a big Dog (above @2.50) in a country where Spanish is talked is 2010
    Points Awarded:

frugalgambler gave kenz 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JustSomeCash
    JustSomeCash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    The travel thing shouldnt be a factor. Everyone has to do it and she's been doing it for years now. Ppl here seem to always make it seem like a factor while it rarely is and is only a factor on very few occasions. Usually its only a factor when they go to a small tourney and have a larger tourney shortly after but this is not the case here as this is one of the bigger events of the year.

By the way, some people on here were saying Navarro hasn't won a title before. I got no clue where that idea came from. In fact, she won in Madrid before and a few other places although they were all quite a while ago.

In terms of Meusburger beating Navarro, there is always a chance of anyone beating anyone in tennis but more so in the WTA. Is it worth the play though? Really up to you but for me, I hardly ever play big dogs over 3:1 odds as I find they hardly ever win and I don't like seeing my bankroll go down even if it pays off in the long run.

I think you just not have a clue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Su%C3%A1rez_Navarro

http://www.wtatennis.com/players/player/10661

They even have not updated the last title she won.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frugalgambler

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    The last time Navarro lost to a big Dog (above @2.50) in a country where Spanish is talked is 2010
    Interesting stats. Where do you get stats like this ?

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Interesting stats. Where do you get stats like this ?
    I found this by myself looking @matchstats.com in 2012 when I was gonna pound CSN ML @1.50 before a big game.

I need to add "on clay courts" to my statement

frugalgambler

CSN looked really tired today. She still managed to win 2-0 but I do no think she will be able to go far in Madrid. I think she is exhausted.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

If Riske is a big dog tomorrow (and she'll probably be), I think it's worth to put a bit on her.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    If Riske is a big dog tomorrow (and she'll probably be), I think it's worth to put a bit on her.
    had a similar thought
    but Riske is a bad clay court player [34-37 all time]

SirtySree

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeCash View Post
    I think you just not have a clue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Su%C3%A1rez_Navarro

http://www.wtatennis.com/players/player/10661

They even have not updated the last title she won.
    The scheduling of the WTA changed in 2009. All that shows is 2009 onwards. Navarro won multiples titles prior to that as I mentioned, including Madrid in 2007.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    The scheduling of the WTA changed in 2009. All that shows is 2009 onwards. Navarro won multiples titles prior to that as I mentioned, including Madrid in 2007.
    Why are you being so stubborn ? CSN has never won a WTA title before last Saturday.

frugalgambler

The title that she won in 2007 was a challenger level event. The difference is like between winning a junior and adult level event, in other word challengers do not really count.

see
    http://matchstat.com/Event/-2284

frugalgambler

Mouseburger had CSN on the ropes today, 6-5 on the 1st set tie-break and then Burger served two straight DFs. Anyway, I think Riske is worth a shot, if they are playing tomorrow.

SirtySree

Why are you being so stubborn ? CSN has never won a WTA title before last Saturday.
    Please quote where I said WTA title or whatever type of title. I clearly said title and I am correct in saying so.

Plus the point in the whole post in general was to say Navarro won't lose against Meusburger. This is a 1st round match, not final or whatever.

frugalgambler

It has CH next to the event on that link. See also http://matchstat.com/PlayerTitles/-5873

All you are proving with your posts is that you have no clue whatsoever.

SirtySree

It has CH next to the event on that link. See also http://matchstat.com/PlayerTitles/-5873

All you are proving with your posts is that you have no clue whatsoever.
    lol wtf r u on about... i just said above it wasnt WTA. I said CSN won titles before and never used the words WTA, ITF, or challengers titles.

regardless, last post about this. ur wasting my time. my original post was about the thread and upcoming match with 1 small sentence about the titles thing and then JustSomeCash calls me out despite me being correct in what I said. no idea y u even came into the discussion bt i guess u got nothing better to do

frugalgambler

I won 7 titles too... in kiddie events. A title means a WTA title. And yeah I am bored and have nothing better to do right now than this. Pathetic I guess, but you are an even bigger schmuck.
    Points Awarded:

JustSomeCash gave frugalgambler 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

A title does indeed by default refer to a proper WTA tournament victory. As such, that's what most would expect.