jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Womens Tennis Rankings 5-50 Basically All The Same

Its why guys losing everything they own

There is no good past performances to go by as women lack daily consistency

The mix of players from all over the world also hurts as hard to find country personality/physical strengths and weaknesses

Every Country is pre defined already with above mentioned things

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

JJ, thought i'd give this thread its first bump with something very appropriate that i just posted elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    the key difference i notice between male vs. female elite-level tennis is this...

An amazingly-casual attitude toward holding service...and i'm NOT referring to the tangible physiological barriers to developing nuclear-weapon serves like men (especially--but not exclusively--the monstrously tall ones)...i'm talking about the "tooth and nail" importance to holding at all costs one's serve, no matter what the score is...0-30, even 0-40, "damn i just can NOT let this bastard break me"...tooth and nail...especially stubborn war on all fronts is called for when under pressure to give up the very first break of a match...hell how many times have we seen entire men's matches go with a tiny tiny handful (even zero) of failures to hold service...even among non big-servers...hell, watch a top challenger-level guy like Klahn or Ram or Ebden or Sella versus a top-tier ATP'r and marvel at just how long they'll hold out before giving up that inevitable first crucial break to a superior player...why do they fight so hard...because NOT being broken easily is the SINGLE most important aspect of excellence in the game

women, by contrast have this maddening "oh well, haha...i just failed to hold my serve...but not to worry, i'll just have to break you on yours...maybe even break you RIGHT back, right now"...this attitude underlies why gash-rackets blows...

think of it...Nishikori vs. Ferrer...no big weapon-serves on either side of the court...BUT it's hard as hell to break someone on THEIR serve...it's like going into THEIR house and trying to piss on THEIR sofa in front of them (with Nadal, you might as well be trying to rape his woman) ...u'r up 40-15 on THEIR serve...think it'll get easy to notch up a break...no way...it gets harder...you just steel their resolve to NOT let you insult them in THEIR house...why do they fight so hard...because they know it'll be just as hard=damn near impossible in some cases to "just get the break back"...so you do anything to "draw the line" here

women, by contrast have this casual "just play the points and see what happens...if i play well enough today, i'll register MORE breaks than you" attitude to the whole match...no "tooth and nail", no "i am not going to let you break me, you bitch...you think the point that just brought you to 40 was hard to get...watch me dig in and fight now...this is MY freakin' serve here...you're in MY home..."...none of that...instead it's "oh well, it's 15-40, haha...hope you don't break me this time...but if you do, there's plenty of time later in the set to get it back..." ...

THIS CASUAL ATTITUDE TO HOLDING SERVICE(not the lack of a "weapons grade" serve/groundstrokes) is what makes gash-rackets generally a vastly-inferior product...

a few days ago Petkovic played Bouchard in the Miami final and it was an exceptionally hard-headed exception to the usual "patty-cake...let's see what happens" WTA crap...a sense of importance and urgency...and primacy of HOLDING service as a non-negotiable "key to victory"...there were a good handful of breaks overall but each and every one was hard-fought, which for me made it entertaining and a bettor on either side of the match got their "money's worth" because both fought to the last point, with respect to the special importance of "breaking service when the opportunity arises...BUT HOLDING YOUR OWN SERVICE AT ALL COSTS"

neither Nishikori nor Ferrer are big servers...but both are mentally-tough scrappers...result is a hell of match (even replace one of these with a much lower tier non-big-serving guy like Ram, Klahn, Ebden, Sock, Sella...and you'll still have something watchable...and if you got a decent price on the dog...you'll generally get your fair shake...hell, Nishi/Ferrer don't run and hide when they face Karlo/Isner/Anderson/Cilic/Raonic...they dig in even harder on their own serve, knowing the guy's firing missiles...and bide their time (another key to mental toughness...opportunities to break their opponent WILL arise...but till they do...the bastid' ain't breaking me)

sorry about the word blizzard...it helped me crystallize EXACTLY what it is that maddens me about women's tennis, and why i HATE laying chalk on a favorite who'll have an amazingly casual attitude to holding her own serve
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-08-14 at 06:48 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

unreal....fitguy that as a tremendous post!!!