Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Worst line call ever?

just robbed lajovic of the match when the ball was 2 feet in they called out so instead of match point for the +500 point had to be replayed the match is basically gift wrapped for the fav.. what a joke at 5-5 in a TB

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22145

Horrible. Ball was in by 4 inches.

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep no bet on the game but that was unreal

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Had $1000 on Dolgopolov ML. Glad the ref had too

Cappinpicks

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    wow, must have wanted to die at 30:15 lajovic serving for match

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Yeah I had a bunch as well. Lajovic fcked my wager vs LU the other day, barely got it back. Wow. I guess lajovic is no longer an auto fade for me

faust114
    faust114's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    Linesman probably had it too
    E: fck, want to quote kenz

Cappinpicks

payout was only 150?

MartyFR
    MartyFR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Good call. It was out.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    wow, must have wanted to die at 30:15 lajovic serving for match
    Was at gym. I am a really avid fitness freak who competed in an international fitness modelling event representing my country, which I am not bullshitting

I was online @ Dolgo's last serve before tiebreak. @tiebreak a mini behind, I tried not to give too much fvcuk about a loss actually. Telling myself this is betting, sh.t happens Did not feel very good,but just tried to say fvcuk u b.tches

Actually I was gonna back another $1000 before I realized it is good to make some research.

In ATP's offical site there was a short interview with Dolgopolov who was saying "I am away from home 7 weeks now, doing my best to be mentally tough and try to win as many games as possible". I did not like this, sounded a bit fishy to me. So I made up my mind not to bet another $1000 on Dolgo

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    payout was only 150?
    Parlay with Federer, payout $300. See Post above I was close to make my possible payout $600 before chickening out.

Cappinpicks

any thoughts on Kshitova +130 over ivan

Cappinpicks

becker a dog to bedene lmao gift lock

marniblitz
    marniblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

I'm a Dolgo fan, but have no idea how he managed to win that match. I've wondered how the whole Ukraine thing is affecting him but, today notwithstanding, he's been playing as well during the last 4 weeks as I can remember.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by faust114 View Post
    Linesman probably had it too
    E: fck, want to quote kenz

Being on the same side with ATP officials helps

Cappinpicks

why on earth was becker a dog?

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by marniblitz View Post
    I'm a Dolgo fan, but have no idea how he managed to win that match. I've wondered how the whole Ukraine thing is affecting him but, today notwithstanding, he's been playing as well during the last 4 weeks as I can remember.
    Away from home for 7 weeks

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

It was not 4 inches in more like 1 penetrating foot..

Timmah2483
    Timmah2483's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 755

I dont really see how it changed everything.. I think Lajovic was mentally unstable and that pushed him beyond coming back. It was a do over.. he didnt evn have point for that call to matter. Dolgo returned it.

Cappinpicks

becker so much better makes sense he was a dog with better rank

Cappinpicks

Game set match Mr.BECKER

kenz

Heard somewhere that Dolgo requested $1M from Ukraine tennis federation to represent his country in Davis Cup

If this is true, it is very unclassy.

Also may the reason why Dolgo won this many consecutive games be to stay away from Ukraine nowadays

kenz

And Putin would proudly recruit Dolgo if Dolgo applies Another great propaganda for Putin

fcmb
    fcmb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6189

No way.. Alex is proud Ukrainian and i believe that current situation in "his" country is main reason why he is playing so well atm.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by fcmb View Post
    No way.. Alex is proud Ukrainian and i believe that current situation in "his" country is main reason why he is playing so well atm.
    Are u sure?

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...ympic-decision

Alexandr Dolgopolov, the 17th-ranked player in the world, won't be making the voyage to London. It was a blow for the Ukrainian, but far from a sudden one. He hasn't competed in Davis Cup in five years and failed to fulfill the eligibility requirements for this Olympics.

The ITF instead handed an Olympic singles wild card to Dolgopolov's countryman, Sergiy Stakhovsky, whose ranking has plummeted to 94th.

"I didn't play Davis Cup, so I couldn't play at the Olympics," Dolgopolov said in a phone interview. "It's pretty bad, but that's how it goes. I take it how it is, and I hope I can play the next one."

Dolgopolov, he of the devilish slice and sneaky fast serve, didn't want to dwell on the reasons he hasn't represented Ukraine recently, only saying, "It's pretty much some conflicts with the federation" and that there were "a lot of issues." Those conflicts and issues led Dolgopolov to consider changing nationalities from Ukraine to Russia.

"We couldn't find a solution to the problems, so we just put it on standby and I couldn't play for the team at this moment," Dolgopolov said. "I really don't want to take that all up officially in the press. It's been a long time since we had a few problems so we couldn't find a way to agree. I hope it will get better in the upcoming years."
    So does Ukraine's tennis federation.

But Vsevolod Kevlych, vice president of the federation, wasn't as tight-lipped as Dolgopolov. He said much of the issue revolved around money. Dolgopolov's demands were too steep, Kevlych said in an email, without mentioning figures.

"The Federation [has] no possibility to pay this contract," Kevlych said. "Even for the player of such level.

"We'd like to make a reasonable agreement," he added. "And we really want Alex to play for the national team. Of course, not for free. But on a reasonable [condition], probably better than all other Ukrainian top players have on the team. All of us are ready to hide [our] personal ego. And we are waiting for the same from the player."
    Last edited by kenz; 03-24-14 at 03:40 PM.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Not that I am very familiar with what happens there but I see that a lots of his tweets are in Russian (and not in Ukrainian). This is a speculation only but I'd suppose he wouldn't be that motivated by the situation in Ukraine.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Enjoy your shitty odds.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Enjoy your shitty odds.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Dolgo is Russian, as is about half of the population in Ukraine. So is Svitolina by the way. He actually changed the spelling of his first name from the Ukranian version Oleksandr to the traditional Russian version Aleksandr. Svitolina's name is also Elena not Elina, as it is spelled in her passport. Anyway, the dude can play.

fcmb

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Dolgo is Russian, as is about half of the population in Ukraine. So is Svitolina by the way. He actually changed the spelling of his first name from the Ukranian version Oleksandr to the traditional Russian version Aleksandr. Svitolina's name is also Elena not Elina, as it is spelled in her passport. Anyway, the dude can play.
    THE ONLY REASON HE CHANGED HIS NAME WAS "FIGHT" WITH HIS FATHER.. google and you will find it

frugalgambler

Out of curiosity, I googled a little bit. Dolgo recorded a video a few weeks ago calling for peace in Ukraine, together with Djoker and other tennis stars. Anyway, I am guessing he is playing well because he does not want to go back to Ukraine at this stage and would rather play tennis in USA. There is not much fun going back home when your country is taken over by a nazi-like regime which is persecuting Russians.

frugalgambler

THE ONLY REASON HE CHANGED HIS NAME WAS "FIGHT" WITH HIS FATHER.. google and you will find it
    Right, he changed it because he did not like the dumbass way it was spelled in his passport.

fcmb

Are u sure?

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...ympic-decision

Alexandr Dolgopolov, the 17th-ranked player in the world, won't be making the voyage to London. It was a blow for the Ukrainian, but far from a sudden one. He hasn't competed in Davis Cup in five years and failed to fulfill the eligibility requirements for this Olympics.

The ITF instead handed an Olympic singles wild card to Dolgopolov's countryman, Sergiy Stakhovsky, whose ranking has plummeted to 94th.

"I didn't play Davis Cup, so I couldn't play at the Olympics," Dolgopolov said in a phone interview. "It's pretty bad, but that's how it goes. I take it how it is, and I hope I can play the next one."

Dolgopolov, he of the devilish slice and sneaky fast serve, didn't want to dwell on the reasons he hasn't represented Ukraine recently, only saying, "It's pretty much some conflicts with the federation" and that there were "a lot of issues." Those conflicts and issues led Dolgopolov to consider changing nationalities from Ukraine to Russia.

"We couldn't find a solution to the problems, so we just put it on standby and I couldn't play for the team at this moment," Dolgopolov said. "I really don't want to take that all up officially in the press. It's been a long time since we had a few problems so we couldn't find a way to agree. I hope it will get better in the upcoming years."
    So does Ukraine's tennis federation.

But Vsevolod Kevlych, vice president of the federation, wasn't as tight-lipped as Dolgopolov. He said much of the issue revolved around money. Dolgopolov's demands were too steep, Kevlych said in an email, without mentioning figures.

"The Federation [has] no possibility to pay this contract," Kevlych said. "Even for the player of such level.

"We'd like to make a reasonable agreement," he added. "And we really want Alex to play for the national team. Of course, not for free. But on a reasonable [condition], probably better than all other Ukrainian top players have on the team. All of us are ready to hide [our] personal ego. And we are waiting for the same from the player."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYmSqvTkFXc

fcmb

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Right, he changed it because he did not like the dumbass way it was spelled in his passport.
    Do not talk sh.. if it"s not true.. When you will know facts than say something better..

frugalgambler

LOL, you started it first with your baseless statement that his is a proud "Ukranian", while he is in fact Russian. Now he is a citizen of a country where Russians are de facto considered second-class citizens. How do you like them apples ? He recorded the above video when the coup was still in progress asking to stop the violence not to promote the coup.

I would not be surprised if he changed his citizenship to Russia soon or maybe he will move to Monaco soon.

123 Last