tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worst line judge ever, he just lost his job today.

fcmb
    fcmb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6189

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    LOL, you started it first with your baseless statement that his is a proud "Ukranian", while he is in fact Russian. Now he is a citizen of a country where Russians are de facto considered second-class citizens. How do you like them apples ? He recorded the above video when the coup was still in progress asking to stop the violence not to promote the coup.

I would not be surprised if he changed his citizenship to Russia soon or maybe he will move to Monaco soon.
    In fact he is Ukrainian, born in Kiev and he has lived there and not in Russia. He actually lives in Monaco currently so better stop if you have no idea..

tipsadontlikehim

This call was pretty similar to the one against Serena at the US open (vs Capriati)

Watch that http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7jN1mDuMU#t=17

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

He is Russian born in Kiev, which is still a predominantly Russian-speaking city, despite what you hear in Amerika's media. If he is Ukranian, I am from Mars.

frugalgambler

Good for him, he is smarter than I thought moving to Monaco already. Go Alex.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Dolgo is Russian, as is about half of the population in Ukraine.
    I see how the thread goes offtopic and apologise for my contribution to that but the second part of this statement is a vast exaggeration.

tipsadontlikehim

name ending in "ov" are from russia, the ones ending in "ko" are from ukraine
    davydenko got ukraine background by the way ?

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    I see how the thread goes offtopic and apologise for my contribution to that but the second part of this statement is a vast exaggeration.
    Not it is not, not really. You are what you are based on what language you speak. Most of the Ukranians speak a Russian dialect in everyday life. Just today, a phone conversation between two major pro-coup politicians was leaked and they spoke Russian to each other, something they would never do on TV. Anyway, I do not care that much, but I just find it hilarious that Dolgo is declared Ukranian because he is famous, while if he was an ordinary dude with the same last name he would be called a Russian dog living in Ukraine.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    name ending in "ov" are from russia, the ones ending in "ko" are from ukraine
    davydenko got ukraine background by the way ?
    Yeah, he is ethnically Ukranian, playing for Russia and living in Germany since about 10 years ago, LOL. Anyway, these divisions are pretty stupid if you ask me: lots of Ukranians are living in Russia since generations ago and vice versa. Rule of thumb: -ov, -in is Russian (can be Tatar too, see Safin), -ko Ukranian, others are more difficult.

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

Of course ukrainians speak russian , but that does not mean they are russians.They speak it cause they were conquered/part of USSR for many years.
    Kosovo people speak serbian , but that does not mean they are serbians.They speak it cause they were conquered by Serbia and were part of Yugoslavia.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

This call was pretty similar to the one against Serena at the US open (vs Capriati)

Watch that http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7jN1mDuMU#t=17
    This sprung to mind indeed... Lajovic isn't a masculine black woman who thinks less of Asians though so he didn't make a ruckus.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by pellumb341 View Post
    Of course ukrainians speak russian , but that does not mean they are russians.They speak it cause they were conquered/part of USSR for many years.
    Kosovo people speak serbian , but that does not mean they are serbians.They speak it cause they were conquered by Serbia and were part of Yugoslavia.
    You should stop talking out of your arse if you do not anything the history of Russian Empire/USSR. The Ukranian language was heavily promoted during the USSR period. Conquered, my arse.

Hardcoar

Out of curiosity, I googled a little bit. Dolgo recorded a video a few weeks ago calling for peace in Ukraine, together with Djoker and other tennis stars. Anyway, I am guessing he is playing well because he does not want to go back to Ukraine at this stage and would rather play tennis in USA. There is not much fun going back home when your country is taken over by a nazi-like regime which is persecuting Russians.
    I thought the Russians were taking over and persecuting Ukrainians.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pellumb341, and Marillion

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    I thought the Russians were taking over and persecuting Ukrainians.
    Right, Euronews and CNN are painting this picture, LOL. What is completely hilarious is that people living in these dipshit countries just never learn. Iraqis had a functioning state with electricity & water, now they are living in middle ages. Libya was one of richest states ever with essentially free housing, education and zero unemployment, now this is not even a country but a pirate state like Somalia. Ukranians are thinking that they will be living like Germans in a couple of years, but they need look to Libya and Iraq instead to see their future.

tipsadontlikehim

Stakkovsky = polish background?
    although polish names usually end in "ski" not "sky"

frugalgambler

Can be Ukranian too, but definitely not Russian.

tipsadontlikehim

Yep

tipsadontlikehim

Ilian Marchenko

tipsadontlikehim

Youzhny

tipsadontlikehim

Donskoy

tipsadontlikehim

Gabashvili

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

last names ending in "ov" are russians..

Stiliyan Petrov (former bulgarian soccer player) must be russian for sure.Stoichkov too.

tipsadontlikehim

So Kunitsyn retired ? this man is living in Vladivostok

frugalgambler

Youzhny
    Marchenko - ethnically Ukranian, Yuzhny not really sure. Like I said, these divisions are pretty arbitrary. Take Lepchenko: half Ukranian, half Russian, born in Uzbekistan, living in USA. There is rapid brainwashing happening on the Ukranian side: well it has been happening over the past 25 years now it is really rampant. Russians are not happy and with a 15 billion USD debt to Russia that Ukraine has accumulated since its independence, I cannot really blame them.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by pellumb341 View Post
    last names ending in "ov" are russians..

Stiliyan Petrov (former bulgarian soccer player) must be russian for sure.Stoichkov too.
    We are talking about Russians/Ukranians here.

frugalgambler

Gabashvili
    Ethnically Georgian (actually born there). Donskoy is probably Russian (Don is a river in Russia).

tipsadontlikehim

frugal, where are you from ?

frugalgambler

As you might have guessed by now, I am from former USSR (not Russian), but I have been living in the States for almost 20 years already.

frugalgambler

I remember when USSR was breaking up, I had a lot of classmates from Ukraine. There was a lot of BS talk from them about how Ukraine was "feeding" Russia and how they will fare much better without Russia. Ukraine entered independence with zero national debt, pretty fertile lands and good climate, educated population and pretty developed industry. (Ukraine and Baltic states were the most heavily invested USSR republics). Now look at them 23 year later. A f.cking sh.tihole of Europe: millions of them are working menial jobs in Russia and most of whores in Moscow are from Ukraine.

Hardcoar

Right, Euronews and CNN are painting this picture, LOL. What is completely hilarious is that people living in these dipshit countries just never learn. Iraqis had a functioning state with electricity & water, now they are living in middle ages. Libya was one of richest states ever with essentially free housing, education and zero unemployment, now this is not even a country but a pirate state like Somalia. Ukranians are thinking that they will be living like Germans in a couple of years, but they need look to Libya and Iraq instead to see their future.
    They sure do paint this picture... Are you saying the Russians are persecuting Russians in Ukraine???

frugalgambler

They sure do paint this picture... Are you saying the Russians are persecuting Russians in Ukraine???
    I get your sarcasm, Hardcoar. But hilariously this is what is happening in Ukraine in a nutshell. "Ethnically Ukranians" who are really Russians, except for crazies from the most Western part, are persecuting "ethnically Russians". Divide and conquer, my friend.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

This sprung to mind indeed... Lajovic isn't a masculine black woman who thinks less of Asians though so he didn't make a ruckus.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

who needs lajovic when you got 3 automatic win dogs with twice the talent as the favs! kvitova fog beckr whooooo

tipsadontlikehim

As you might have guessed by now, I am from former USSR (not Russian), but I have been living in the States for almost 20 years already.
    ok

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

My point was you cant be a proud Ukranian if you request ridiculous amount of money to represent Ukraine in Davis Cup.

First 123 Last