frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Kukushman vs Lu

Why is Kukushman a +160 dog vs Lu ? Is Lu really so much better in this spot ? I am not really sure he is. Anybody seen those two recently ? Based purely on rankings and recent performance this looks like a close to 50/50 matchup. Besides, Lu might just retire: he is not the most durable dude. Kukush finally broke through to the big leagues and now he needs to keep earning points to make real money. If he does not, it was all for nothing and he will end up playing in Tanger again.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Reckon lines are fair. No real value either way although slightly leaning Lu (should win at least 2/3 times which the line reflects so no real value).

Lu has looked good this year and Kukushkin has been a bit hot and cold so far. Don't think Lu will retire as his two retirements were back to back tournaments within a couple of days of each other when he got injured.

Also depends on how fast the hard court here is. I haven't watched a game this tourney so can't really make an accurate prediction but Lu is slightly better on slower courts as his serve is weak.

frugalgambler

Fair enough, although I do not understand the 2/3 assessment. I do not think Lu has a significant advantage in terms of skills or mental edge. But I have not seen any of their matches this year. And I will not be watching tomorrow's match, just going by the recent performance and what I already know about these dudes.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Tough match to cap in terms of odds but I really feel like Lu wins.

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

^this

frugalgambler

Ouch, this time it was Kukushman who retired. And of course I placed that bet at 5d where the result stands after the 1st set is over. On to the next one.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!