Metaphor
    Metaphor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer - Djokovic

What's the play? I think Nole takes his first title of the year tomorrow, the court suits him more and he wants revenge for Dubai. Anyhow it's a tough call, likely 3 sets. Bet365 opening Federer @2.37, Djokovic @1.57. I expect Djokers odds to rise, so I'm not making a play yet.

Thoughts?

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Marathonbet Federer @2.44 Djokovic @1.65

Tough call, will think about when I am fresh after a good nights sleep
    Last edited by kenz; 03-15-14 at 07:00 PM.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I really think the line will rise.

Djokovic only -157 right now at Pinnacle.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

nothin to think about here, Djokovic is winning this. Believe it or not but today Isner was as good as I've ever seen him on rallies.

thirtytwo
    thirtytwo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

djokovic looked crap against isner to be honest... broken seving for match TWICE by one of the worst returners in top 50
    i know its isner and he isnt the one who will get 100% effort out of djoker, unlike federer, but after what i saw in semis, i cant lay -150 with him in final...

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    nothin to think about here, Djokovic is winning this. Believe it or not but today Isner was as good as I've ever seen him on rallies.
    Have you seen Federer though? That 2nd set against Anderson and match against Dolgo showed signs of the Federer of old. Not to mention Djokovic hasn't looked himself so far this year. A normal Djokovic would easily serve out for the set let alone get broken twice in a row serving for the match against a player that struggles to break anyone in the top 10-20. Djokovic has been broken on serve way too many times this year which is out of the ordinary for him.

I think the odds do reflect what I stated above though as usually Djokovic would be much more of a favourite. Personally, don't see value on either side at the current odds.

zec
    zec's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have Federer winning in 3. Djokovic didn't look good enough to win tomorrow and Fed should be more rested.

matt1216

holly crist guys, what r u smoking? Federer barely beat tursonov, he beat a Dolgopolov... Ummm ok let's see who dolgo beat.... Injured Nadal who couldn't serve that well. Fognini who barely beat harrison and almost gave the match away to Monfilis. Trust me, Monfilis had no intentions of being around. Dolgo beat a Raonic who is terrible in the return game. Djokovic didn't look good? When was the last time you guys seen Isner return as well as he did today??? Isner just isn't a great matchup for joker. Federer look good at times today and shit at times today. You guys are blind if you think djoker hasn't played well. He hasn't been his "terminator self" but he dosnt have to be that great vs fed. After that bad loss to fed in Doha, you can bet Joker will be 110% ready to go tomorrow...... BTW Isners serves were off today, but he sure as shit was better than a top 50 returner today.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

yisman

well, that was predictable

djokovic now -185

This is where my opening line would've been.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer's backhand is alive and kicking again. It's been looking great all tournament long. It doesnt look like that liability backhand of last year. If he can score some points off his backhand side, he'll make it tough for Djoker. I don't think Djoker's current form can beat a confident Federer right now.

Fed was suffering with some confidence and backhand issues against Nadal and Djokovic last year but it looks like he ironed those wrinkles away. Beating Djoker at Dubai will help his confidence even more.

I like a Federer/Radwanska parlay ....pays about 2.5 times your money.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

We know what we are going to get from Fed. He has been steady and has been killing it on the 2nd serve percentage which is really impressive.

I think Joker is the wild card. He has been very inconsistent in every match he has played. If he is somehow able to play like he played the last 2 sets against Cilic he will blow feds off the court(he would blow anyone off the court). I don't think it is likely Joker can put that game together on sunday(at least not for 2 sets). It should be a close match. If Fed's line gets over 200 i will make a play at the money line. Otherwise I sit out or maybe play a 3 set bet.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

good gawd, some of you betting Fed

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    good gawd, some of you betting Fed
    If Fed was gonna roll up in a ball and quit cause he is scared of Joker, he would have done it last week after he dropped the 1st set. He didn't he beat Joker and he went on and won the tourney. What is so different about this match compared to last match??

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    If Fed was gonna roll up in a ball and quit cause he is scared of Joker, he would have done it last week after he dropped the 1st set. He didn't he beat Joker and he went on and won the tourney. What is so different about this match compared to last match??
    The odds.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    Redemption, djoker will be possesed
    Points Awarded:

sluggy1616 gave matt1216 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Redemption, djoker will be possesed
    I see what your saying. Joker seems a little bit off to me. He seems less fit and slower than normal. I think the love bug might have hit him big time during the break. Seen the marriage talk. This could be distracting Joker. I'm gonna stay away cause you are right way more(from memory around 80%) than your wrong at this point in a tourney.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

holly crist guys, what r u smoking? Federer barely beat tursonov, he beat a Dolgopolov... Ummm ok let's see who dolgo beat.... Injured Nadal who couldn't serve that well. Fognini who barely beat harrison and almost gave the match away to Monfilis. Trust me, Monfilis had no intentions of being around. Dolgo beat a Raonic who is terrible in the return game. Djokovic didn't look good? When was the last time you guys seen Isner return as well as he did today??? Isner just isn't a great matchup for joker. Federer look good at times today and shit at times today. You guys are blind if you think djoker hasn't played well. He hasn't been his "terminator self" but he dosnt have to be that great vs fed. After that bad loss to fed in Doha, you can bet Joker will be 110% ready to go tomorrow...... BTW Isners serves were off today, but he sure as shit was better than a top 50 returner today.
    I hammered Joker right when the line came out -160.
    These ppl are insane taking Feds at that horrible price.
    Joker should be -300 to -500 vs Feds the rest of his career.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I took federer in dubai, when most of you were probably on djoker but today the tables have turned this is an atp 1000 after all

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Federer is likely the best player in windy conditions in the entire world. Djokovic is bothered by the wind. Djokovic is no longer solid; Djokovic wasn't solid at all against Isner. Federer played the best I've seen him play for a long time last night. DogPooLove was whoreshit last night. Federer was serving to perfection (by far the most impressive facet of his game in that match). Federer just won their latest encounter.

My verdict: Djokovic is anything but a lock, and Radwanska @ 1.5 is a far better bet than Djokovic @ 1.65.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Federer is likely the best player in windy conditions in the entire world. Djokovic is bothered by the wind. Djokovic is no longer solid; Djokovic wasn't solid at all against Isner. Federer played the best I've seen him play for a long time last night. DogPooLove was whoreshit last night. Federer was serving to perfection (by far the most impressive facet of his game in that match). Federer just won their latest encounter.

My verdict: Djokovic is anything but a lock, and Radwanska @ 1.5 is a far better bet than Djokovic @ 1.65.
    Radwanska just lost to this chick 2 weeks ago as well but Radwanska is laying more chalk at -230 than Joker.
    I hate watching the dykes but this seems like a way worse play to me.

Hardcoar

She did. She's also been outstanding in her last two matches while Pennetta has been whoreshit.

As you've hopefully noticed that was but one of many points made.

I believe Radwanska is much more likely to win than Djokovic, who is also likely to win.

fcmb
    fcmb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6189

They will probably lose both Đoker & Radwanska but at least 1 of them should..

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Federer will win b2b titles and that will be the talk of the tennis world for a few weeks

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Djokovic 2-1 let's go

matt1216

Are serious HC? Federer look good, but he was nothing special. He needed dolgo to fck up bad so he could break him. Do u remember the drop shots Fed was leaving dolgo, brain cramps galore from both guys but dolgo was by far the worst I've seen him. I give him a break because he's a fair weather player? Somehow dolgo missed a wide open court. Djoker wasn't great but I believe Isner played well. Federer played well considering the conditions but dolgo completely lost that match on his terms

Hardcoar

I never said he was anything special. I said he played better than I've seen him play for a long time.

His service was something special!

tennis21
    tennis21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Guys , a lot of good responses however Roger handles players outside the top 5 better than anyone making you think he has a chance against the top guys. Roger will not play the same against joker . He will pull trigger early and if he's 100 percent on he will win but if he plays at 97 percent he loses . I like joker as he is too steady...
    Points Awarded:

ChasingInle gave tennis21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChasingInle

matt1216

I never said he was anything special. I said he played better than I've seen him play for a long time.

His service was something special!
    I agree, he served very well, given the conditions.

matt1216

both guys have mental lapses, joker maybe a bit tired as well. I'm a little nervous with this play as federer hasn't beaten djoker 2-0 sets in about 5 years now, yet my book suggest Djokovic will not win more that 12.5 games. The problem here is the last 3 meets went the distance so there's no reason to have Djokvic games won under 12.5 @ 1.74...... I believe the chance of joker winning in 2-0 sets with no tiebreaker based on the past few matches is about 20% so the 1.74 makes no sense to me unless they think fed wins 2-0 sets

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Djokervic square as. There is a reason the odds opened as they did.

Fed's got this

SlimZ
    SlimZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8320

both guys have mental lapses, joker maybe a bit tired as well. I'm a little nervous with this play as federer hasn't beaten djoker 2-0 sets in about 5 years now, yet my book suggest Djokovic will not win more that 12.5 games. The problem here is the last 3 meets went the distance so there's no reason to have Djokvic games won under 12.5 @ 1.74...... I believe the chance of joker winning in 2-0 sets with no tiebreaker based on the past few matches is about 20% so the 1.74 makes no sense to me unless they think fed wins 2-0 sets
    Fed did beat joker in Cincinnati 2-0 sets mar3 2012 6-0, 7-6 alson on hard court

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Federer +1.5 sets, but not really confident

BennyBigNuts

Your dyke went off -250 and got slapped in straight sets.
    You should chase and get even on Joker now.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    Djokervic square as. There is a reason the odds opened as they did.

Fed's got this
    if the opener was so sharp, they could've kept it there

but they moved. They don't want the risk

Closing odds are sharper than opening odds.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    if the opener was so sharp, they could've kept it there

but they moved. They don't want the risk

Closing odds are sharper than opening odds.
    I guess the proof will be in the pudding

12 Last