kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Halep will slay Agnieszka Radwanska

I am not a fan of WTA, I dont think it is something you should bet on and did not watch a single game for the last 3 weeks. But I watched Halep - Radwanska clash in Doha.

Now that court was faster but Halep plays great in slow courts/clay too.

It was 2-5 in the first set and Halep won 5 games consecutively after injury break.

In second set she won 6-2 so Halep won 11 games of last 13. And to be honest she should won the first serve where Radwanska held from 0-40.

Radwanska is the softer player, she has not passed a semi this year (lost both to Halep and Cibulkova this year concinvingly), she does not have a wow factor against top talent, and she beat Jelena Jankovic barely yesterday, who is generally slightly easier than Halep

Halep won the last 7 finals she played on 4 different courts, clay, outdoor hard, indoor hard and grass, and her real challenge will come in the final if Li does not choke

Halep wins @1.71 @Pinnacle

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kenz View Post
    I am not a fan of WTA, I dont think it is something you should bet on and did not watch a single game for the last 3 weeks. But I watched Halep - Radwanska clash in Doha.

Now that court was faster but Halep plays great in slow courts/clay too.

It was 2-5 in the first set and Halep won 5 games consecutively after injury break.

In second set she won 6-2 so Halep won 11 games of last 13. And to be honest she should won the first serve where Radwanska held from 0-40.

Radwanska is the softer player, she has not passed a semi this year (lost both to Halep and Cibulkova this year concinvingly), she does not have a wow factor against top talent, and she beat Jelena Jankovic barely yesterday, who is generally slightly easier than Halep

Halep won the last 7 finals she played on 4 different courts, clay, outdoor hard, indoor hard and grass, and her real challenge will come in the final if Li does not choke

Halep wins @1.71 @Pinnacle

Check your information again dude .......Radwanska won the Hopman Cup in Australia to start the year in January. .

Also, contrary to your belief , Radwanska is not the softer player. Softer players dont climb up to #3 in the world. Radwanska is a very dangerous player that excels when she's not in the spotlight , similar to what she did to Azarenka at Melbourne.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude you just said you are taking a break and now you play on WTA ? not good

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    dude you just said you are taking a break and now you play on WTA ? not good
    Did I say I played?

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Also when Radwanska won that title in Perth, she had to beat some tough players in Pennetta, Bouchard, Stosur,and Cornet.....all in the same week so that wasnt no scrub lineup there.

Halep may win but I'm just saying don't ever count out Radwanska. There's a reason why she's #3 in the world and hardcourt is her best surface. It won't be a bloodbath like you think.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Check your information again dude .......Radwanska won the Hopman Cup in Australia to start the year in January. .

Also, contrary to your belief , Radwanska is not the softer player. Softer players dont climb up to #3 in the world. Radwanska is a very dangerous player that excels when she's not in the spotlight , similar to what she did to Azarenka at Melbourne.
    Dont need to check dude, I dont give a fvcuk for Hopman Cup in WTA and Kyoonyong in ATP.

Radwanska is the softer player. You should check your facts, watch how bad Azarenka played that day and how Radwanska played against Cibulkova the next round, also check the score line.

kenz

Also when Radwanska won that title in Perth, she had to beat some tough players in Pennetta, Bouchard, Stosur,and Cornet.....all in the same week so that wasnt no scrub lineup there.

Halep may win but I'm just saying don't ever count out Radwanska. There's a reason why she's #3 in the world and hardcourt is her best surface. It won't be a bloodbath like you think.
    She will win, killing her with one stab is enough, it does not have to be a massacre

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Dont need to check dude, I dont give a fvcuk for Hopman Cup in WTA and Kyoonyong in ATP.

Radwanska is the softer player. You should check your facts dude, watch how bad Azarenka played that day and how Radwanska played against Cibulkova the next round, also check the score line.
    I'm just giving you the cold hard facts. You stated that Radwanska never got past the semifinals this year which is not true. If you're going to make a thread that supposedly will help some people, you should at least research your stats before stating it as a fact.

kenz

I'm just giving you the cold hard facts. You stated that Radwanska never got past the semifinals this year which is not true. If you're going to make a thread that supposedly will help some people, you should at least research your stats before stating it as a fact.
    Nobody cares about the first week. Gregorz Panfil beat Raonic in Hopman Cup. And nobody cares about Kyoonyong. What is Kyoonyong, ATP 250 event? It is not. Same with Hopman Cup.

So I searched for facts and neglected what does not count.

I am not sure you watched Doha though. Anyone who watched the game cant back Radwanska. She could not hold onto her last 5 or 6 serves. She may win today (this is WTA after all), but it is impossible to overlook her humiliation 3 weeks ago

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

You need to stick with the ATP if you dont know much about WTA tournaments.

Hopman cup is a $1 millon payout tournament. Same prize money as Doha. Comparing the Hopman Cup to Kyoonyong is foolish.

kenz

Hopman cup is a $1 millon payout tournament. Same prize money and points as Doha. Comparing the Hopman Cup to Kyoonyong is foolish.
    Well I did not know it means something to be honest. So she won something in the first week but eliminated in 2 semis afterwards,Australian Open and Doha, both humiliated. Halep should win in 2 sets or 3, if she plays close to her best game and Radwanska plays close to her best game.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Nobody cares about the first week. Gregorz Panfil beat Raonic in Hopman Cup. And nobody cares about Kyoonyong. What is Kyoonyong, ATP 250 event? Same with Hopman Cup.

So I searched for facts and neglected what does not count.

I am not sure you watched Doha though. Anyone who watched the game cant back Radwanska. She could not hold onto her last 5 or 6 serves. She may win today (this is WTA after all), but it is impossible to overlook her humiliation 3 weeks ago
    I know what your saying Kenz but Doha is lightning fast compared to this surface. Halep has average forehand power at best wich should slow radwanska time to return the haleps forehands. If radwanska had even average forehand power she would crush Halep, but she dosnt. I do expect her to annoy Haleps second serve wich is terrible. I like Halep, she is good but she's very erratic. I have not watched Radwanska this tourney, so I can really say how well or bad she has played. I know when Jankovic is on her game her power is much stronger than haleps. Her serve is just a bit weak. Just my thoughts

matt1216

Hopman cup is a $1 millon payout tournament. Same prize money as Doha. Comparing the Hopman Cup to Kyoonyong is foolish.
    Yeah, i remember this too. The Hopman cup is a life changer for some because somebody like Azarenka could carry a fellow countryman who is ranked 200-300. All he has to do is win a doubles match with her. Huge tournament

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Here's my breakdown of these two players:

Both of these players have very similar games. Excellent speed, two of the best defensively of all women players currently in the top ten. Halep has been slightly more consistent lately on the groundstrokes but Radwanska possess more variety to her game. Radwanska will attack the net at every opportunity she gets.

The one facet that I dont like about Halep's game is she has a very minimal net game. If things dont go right for her groundstrokes that day, she has nothing else to turn to. Radwanska on the other hand can go net or baseline.....much more variety.

kenz

I think it is hard to beat Jelena Jankovic and Halep back to back physically/mentally for Agnieszka Radwanska's talent. And statistically JJ was better with a tiny margin (points won, number of break points, first serve points won) but Radwanska played the more important points better. I can understand that from JJ's point, she really messed against Kerber and Halep this year lost many important points

Halep is fresher.

This can be tight, but Agnieszka's serve is easier to break than Halep's. Heather Watson break conversion rate against Radwanska is 71%, Cornet's 75%, JJ broke 6 out of 16 38% wasted too many. Halep saved 10 against Dellacqua and not broken, 40% conversion rate by Kurumi Nara, 38% by Safarova, 83% by Bouchard.

Last 2 H2Hs @2013 Rome Masters on clay Halep converts 8 of 15, Radwanska converts 4 of 8
    3 weeks ago @Doha Halep converts 7 of 14, Radwanska converts 4 of 7

2 games where break points and the number of points converted show trend.

I dont say Halep is the most powerful server, but somehow Radwanska has a harder time on holding her serves.
    Last edited by kenz; 03-14-14 at 06:54 AM.

tipsadontlikehim

Did I say I played?
    thought u played it! you recommend a bet that u won't play then ?

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Kenz is plummeting back to reality after a ridiculous hot streak in his thread

Kenz is getting buried lately last couple days. fade material until he rights the ship

Now Kenz who advises to never bet wta is touting a wta play. Not good

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Kenz is plummeting back to reality after a ridiculous hot streak in his thread

Kenz is getting buried lately last couple days. fade material until he rights the ship

Now Kenz who advises to never bet wta is touting a wta play. Not good

If Charlie Brown finished the fifth game in the 2nd set where he had 2 game points and he did not get broken from 40-0 in the 7th game things would be different. Actually if I was more careful on Dolgo game and skipped the more riskier game afterwards, yesterday could be a winning day too.

I am getting buried last 2 days but I am ok with it. I know I can bounce

Guess I cant start a thread on WTA after advising not to bet on it. If I had hot chicks around me right now in a beach and was not bored to death at office I would not give a fuvck about it

kenz

thought u played it! you recommend a bet that u won't play then ?
    Is it so bad?

kenz

Pattymayo you can fade me, put a few units on Radwanska

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I'm with Kenz on this one. In theory, Halep should wipe the floor with A Rad but, and this is a big but, A Rad is mentally tougher than Halep, which, in tennis, is very important.

kenz

H2H last 2 games and Halep vs someone else, usually Halep is the slow starter. So her price may increase for live bettors.

tipsadontlikehim

Is it so bad?
    not bad but a bit weird like "i recommend you to buy a Ford but myself i'll buy a Toyota"

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

These odds are very tough to call one way or the other... I think they're about right.

I find it interesting how you are so certain Hooker will mow Catholic-Slut over given that she just beat the player who's been playing the best in the entire tournament, whereas Hooker bashed Dellacqua who was sucking her own ass from a straw, without looking particularly convincing.

Did anyone watch Catholic-Slut play Horsey? How was the overall standard of play and how well do you think the prior played?

matt1216

​all I know is Halep was lucky to beat Bouchard. If Bouchard wasn't so "French Canadian" and hanging out with clowns the night befor, she woulda won that match.

kenz

not bad but a bit weird like "i recommend you to buy a Ford but myself i'll buy a Toyota"
    You are right if I bought Radwanska You are not really offbase, and in the end you will make me bet on Halep, I am afraid

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Halep was also extremely lucky to defeat Safarova.

I don't think I am going to bet here... if Aga's odds increase, I may go with her but my gut feeling says to stay away.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    These odds are very tough to call one way or the other... I think they're about right.

I find it interesting how you are so certain Hooker will mow Catholic-Slut over given that she just beat the player who's been playing the best in the entire tournament, whereas Hooker bashed Dellacqua who was sucking her own ass from a straw, without looking particularly convincing.

Did anyone watch Catholic-Slut play Horsey? How was the overall standard of play and how well do you think the prior played?
    My biggest reason is I had over 21.5 in Halep- Radwanska in Doha and watched the game. It was all good until Halep decided to gear it up

Hardcoar

That is true, but I'm not so sure that means Hooker will rout Catholic-Slut with ease.

Betfrog
    Betfrog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

gulbis +1.5 sets
    halep +1.5 sets

hummm...

rankslash
    rankslash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8734

Here's my breakdown of these two players:

Both of these players have very similar games. Excellent speed, two of the best defensively of all women players currently in the top ten. Halep has been slightly more consistent lately on the groundstrokes but Radwanska possess more variety to her game. Radwanska will attack the net at every opportunity she gets.

The one facet that I dont like about Halep's game is she has a very minimal net game. If things dont go right for her groundstrokes that day, she has nothing else to turn to. Radwanska on the other hand can go net or baseline.....much more variety.
    /Offtopic

MDF, will you start a new MLB thread for the upcoming season?

JustSomeCash
    JustSomeCash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

Odds looks way off,I know Halep won last game but this one was typical wta mental-whores game,Aga was in total control on the game until she served for the set,than she got angry and could not play her game,now we add Halep momentum and that understood she did not have a chance to reset herself in the second sets.

but if Aga stays calm and executes her game plan,she should win this, I do not see any reason why she so big underdog today. I really like Halep but two last games (vs Safarova and Bouchard) she was down in the 3rd set after she was broken,in Safarova she was broken twice in a row but managed to break back right after each time.

If she continues to be so unstable, she will be punished in the end.

Hardcoar

Whores? I only see one Romanian...

charley365
    charley365's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

50/50 game again,
    Radwanska for me

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

There is some value with Radwanska imho. Halep is all about getting into the right rythm with her baseline groundstrokes, which is very tough to do against Radwanska and her slices, drop shots, net spproaches... Not to mention that I was not that impressed by Halep in this tournament. I have seen her in better form. Also, strategy: boy low-sell high, might come in play here, as more and more people are becoming impressed by Halep's game and are pounding her, every match. That is why there is no real value to back her at these odds. It is a tough call to make, but Agnieszka might have a slight edge in this one...

12 Last