Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Monday

Monfils-Fognini over 22
    Two very entertaining players, which will look to outplay each outher with spectacular shoots. Monf is a legit favorite, but Fogg is not going down easily here...

Sharapova -5,5
    Giorgi played really well in first two rounds, but I think she is outmatched here. She is always looking to step into the court and go for a winner as soon as possible, but Sharapova has nice range on her shots and hits them deep enough to push Giorgi behind the baseline. Impatient Italina will probably make quite some UE because of that... Also her serve is week and Sharapova will definitely be a major threat to hit winners of opponents 2nd serve. Conclusion: Giorgi playing good at the moment, but I don't see that kind of play working against Maria...

Stephens +3
    Ana overrated in my eyes. Not impressed with her form in past couple of weeks. Sloane played some good tennis yesterday.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Monfils-Fognini over 22
    Two very entertaining players, which will look to outplay each outher with spectacular shoots. Monf is a legit favorite, but Fogg is not going down easily here...

Sharapova -5,5
    Giorgi played really well in first two rounds, but I think she is outmatched here. She is always looking to step into the court and go for a winner as soon as possible, but Sharapova has nice range on her shots and hits them deep enough to push Giorgi behind the baseline. Impatient Italina will probably make quite some UE because of that... Also her serve is week and Sharapova will definitely be a major threat to hit winners of opponents 2nd serve. Conclusion: Giorgi playing good at the moment, but I don't see that kind of play working against Maria...

Stephens +3
    Ana overrated in my eyes. Not impressed with her form in past couple of weeks. Sloane played some good tennis yesterday.
    I like your two end wagers but I think sharapova will not cover. Too much rust. Good luck though

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Thanks Matt. I appreciate your oppinion. You are probably right. Sharapova might be the toughest one to win, out of these three bets. Especially considering the form of both players. Still, I made that decision based on my conclusion that Giorgi will find it difficult to get her aggressive game succesfull against Sharapova... I think that the match up is not good for her.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Monfils-Fognini over 22

Sharapova -5,5

Stephens +3
    2-1 for the day. I'll take it.

You were right Matt. Pova was most questionable call out of these three, but it was not really because of she being rusty. Giorgi was simply awsome. I cheered for her from the start of second set on, because she clearly deserved this one. Showed some serious mentall toughness in the end. Got broken when serving for set (missed easy smash in that game), but didn't panic, broke Sharapova's serve again and won the match. She was much calmer on court, then her dad/coach in the stands, who almost feinted