jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tennis Getting Tougher And Tougher To Handicap

The gap is closing between everyone, lack of effort with some top 25 players making it even more hard now.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree
    i think in general the best way to make money on tennis is playing the handicap games of the underdog when the favourite is "too" favourite.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The gap is closing between everyone, lack of effort with some top 25 players making it even more hard now.
    JJ, listen to me here. The last two days were definately weird wernt they? Were still early on..... It wasn't until late summer when I finally hit my BIG run. U still have to becareful of the stars. The big upsets that lost today/yesterday were not exactly predictable, but somewhat understandable. Were just not that used to the big guns losing a lot because of last year. Try to get a feel for who is going well right now. What I do is I try to predict who may go far in a tournament, then I ride them. Cornet/Delbonis/Berdych have been successful for me this year while Mannarino/Tsonga/Bennateau, Bouchard have not.

Good luck moving forward

kenz
    kenz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4350

Capping is not tougher for me with 13 consecutive days of winning since began recording 13 days ago.. But I agree that the possibility of an upset is higher.

When you know the latest forms well, and know the player's styles well, it gives you an edge.

And dont bet on WTA, you cant have an edge there

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's why it's smart to stay away from matches during the first few days of the tournament. You are really throwing darts on half of the matches every day since there is no way to tell a player's form for the first few days. It's always best to wait until about the 3rd or 4th rounds to start making your moves. You can get a much better read and can grab a significant edge on the lines if you're reading the players form correctly. Guys who've been laying heavy chalk on the usual solid players have been getting killed the last 48 hours.

I'm going to start making my moves here in about another round or two after I get a gauge on most of these players forms.

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Guys who've been laying heavy chalk on the usual solid players have been getting killed the last 48 hours.
    I am using some chalk but doing great, over +$9K in 2 weeks in my thread, +$5.5K the month before. If you pay close attention to forms and styles, you know which fav to load on.

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

A lot of the top players have been below their best this year. Of the men's top 10, you'd say only Wawa and Berdych are playing near their best. I don't eat that much chalk to have been burnt by any of the upsets but on the men's side Berdych is the only one that really surprised me. Tsonga has been hopeless all year and Nadal off clay isn't a sure thing these days, especially against a capable in form player like Dolgopolov.

On the women's side Pova has been below par all year, Kerber losing to Torro Flor is a little surprising but it's WTA...

fsulover100
    fsulover100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Kerber was like -1200 I would say it is very surprising lol especially since Torro Flor went on to get dominated tonight by a girl that is ranked like 140

kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
    A lot of the top players have been below their best this year.
    This

The reason of gap closing

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Gonzalez was $9.60 to win a set against Djokovic.

Weird shit when a clay court challenger player who couldn't win an ATP match on clay in years trying, makes the 3rd round of a hard court masters and takes a set off Djokovic.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by fsulover100 View Post
    Kerber was like -1200 I would say it is very surprising lol especially since Torro Flor went on to get dominated tonight by a girl that is ranked like 140
    lol you dont even know tennis kleybanova is way better than florro 140 means nothing

fcmb
    fcmb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6189

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    lol you dont even know tennis kleybanova is way better than florro 140 means nothing
    Just to mention..

BIG RESPECT TO ALISA KLEYBANOVA !

Currently her ranking is not great but you have to take in consideration that Alisa is former nr.10(in 2010 when she was 21years old) of WTA, who survived cancer after being diagnosed with Hodkin"s Lymphoma in 2011!

She came back in 6. or 7. month in year 2013 ranked around 350.. So i just can say to Alisa

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Hard to cap?
    http://tinypic.com/r/xu5og/8

You could do a 26 leg parlay by blindly taking favorites today and hit jackpot, 12k odds total. I might try to do that with a buck a day.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    Hard to cap?
    http://tinypic.com/r/xu5og/8

You could do a 26 leg parlay by blindly taking favorites today and hit jackpot, 12k odds total. I might try to do that with a buck a day.
    Wha ???