Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Any thoughts on Sela / Falla?

Kind of thought Sela would be the favorite here, but he's a small dog. Sela has been in pretty nice form with some decent wins in the last two weeks (Rosol, Lacko) and lost a 3rd set tiebreak vs Isner. I know Isner is just coming back, but the impressive thing about the stats is that Isner only won 41 of 62 points when getting his 1st serve in (68%) and converted 3 of 7 break points. Telling me he's returning fairly well. On the other side, Falla hasn't played much lately, retired in his last 2 tournaments (hamstring and back) and needed tiebreaks in qualies to get past guys ranked close to 400 in the world. Falla holds a 3-0 h2h, but they haven't played in 6 years.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

My theory for this tournament is kind of wait and see on some aspects as it is a new surface this year on hard courts. To me, that might give a small edge to Falla having played qualis. All in all, a tough match to call though.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Sela IMO. Falla retired vs Williams. Williams hasnt really played well. Kokkanakis still has a bit of an injury. Sela is worth a shot here

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

When it comes to money, always bet on the jew.

JustSomeCash
    JustSomeCash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    When it comes to money, always bet on the jew.

Dudi eating him alive.. I think..

He play very good this year but somehow he always choke on big points...

one thing I can assure you, he super motivated right now

EaglesPhan36

Do you have that in writing from him? I really would only back him if it's in writing and he's super DUPER motivated!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

i like sela too. falla always seems to come through though when no one expects it. does it concern anyone his record in south american tourneys?

Regul8er
    Wordd

Well, they are in Mexico, so technically North America. Plus, they are playing on hard court, which is Sela's best surface.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Well, they are in Mexico, so technically North America. Plus, they are playing on hard court, which is Sela's best surface.
    thought it was in brazil. so you think falla is still banged up a little? you said he struggled to get through his quali matches. from a matchup perspective, what does sela do well that falla has trouble countering? is this a good matchup for him? i only watch these two guys in the slams so i don't know their games like you do.

Regul8er
    Wordd

It's in Acapulco, Mexico. Well, he retired with a hamstring injury a month ago, and retired vs Rhyne Williams last week with a back injury. Not sure the severity of the injuries, but generally hamstring and back injuries are one's that can linger, and tighten up during a match. I don't know if he struggled in terms of health in his qualification matches, but he only won 53 and 55% of his point respectively against guys outside the top 350. Sela's return game is very solid, and Falla doesn't have a big serve by any means. I expect Sela to try and extend points as long as possible, and keep the ball on Falla's backhand side. I would have expected to see Sela around -150, not +100.

EaglesPhan36

Best, but also note that the majority of his wins have come on the Challenger level and against players ranked outside the Top 100. This really is a good match to skip IMO. Any time you have to sit and sift through numbers or ask yourself why should I take this guy or that guy .... pass usually is the winning ticket.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Best, but also note that the majority of his wins have come on the Challenger level and against players ranked outside the Top 100. This really is a good match to skip IMO. Any time you have to sit and sift through numbers or ask yourself why should I take this guy or that guy .... pass usually is the winning ticket.
    This bet could very well lose, but I don't feel I had to sit and sift too much.......my initial inclination was to take Sela, due to some nice performances lately, and Falla's injury concerns. Worth a shot at even money in my opinion. Best of luck to everyone tonight.....I'm out.

JustSomeCash

Do you have that in writing from him? I really would only back him if it's in writing and he's super DUPER motivated!
    I love you as a decent capper,not as five year old girl with pigtails...

not long ago he was interviewed and said that one of his goals this year is to win ATP tournament.

Now its the first time he talks like that and you can really see a slight improvement in his game,now he also likes to play on hard surface,and probably its the only surface he can play and play good,he also love to play at this time of year because in America he has some support.
    unfortunately for him, he does not have much options to go far in tournament as he has so far this year, and now this is the last tourny that he still has a chance to do something (with all the imagination of it),after that come 2 Masters and than the the tour move to clay,(after wimbledon he prob will be out of shape).

(All I'm saying is pretty much facts on the player considering his form in recent years + interviews)

So 1+1 = super DUPER GUPER LUPER motivated baby!

How you doing?

EaglesPhan36

Well I would hope anyone playing tennis for a living is motivated to win, so I don't know that it's going to give him an edge match to match simply because he says now he is motivated to win a tour level event.

Should he not have been motivated to do this last year or the year before?

I don't have a dog in this fight and think this one is 50-50 as the line suggests. I tend to give the qualifier a slight edge since this is a new surface for this tournament, but that doesn't always mean anything.

DownTheLine
    DownTheLine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Didn't get a chance to bet on it until I got home from work Falla 1.77 and I'm pissed about it. Entire line just completely flip flopped in the matter of minutes. I was already leaning there, main reason is because I'm not buying into Falla's injury concern and when a guy comes off of a retirement or injury that isn't super serious the match before he tends to be decently priced the next few matches he plays in the following tournament. Mahut pulled an upset coming off of his flu the other week and was decently priced as well if I'm recalling properly.

I got a bad price so hope you guys who wanted Falla got in early and you Sela backers waited before placing. GL!

Goat Milk

anyone have a stream?

JustSomeCash

Well I would hope anyone playing tennis for a living is motivated to win, so I don't know that it's going to give him an edge match to match simply because he says now he is motivated to win a tour level event.

Should he not have been motivated to do this last year or the year before?

I don't have a dog in this fight and think this one is 50-50 as the line suggests. I tend to give the qualifier a slight edge since this is a new surface for this tournament, but that doesn't always mean anything.

You can agree with me on this, you just choose to be wise..

Every tennis player has ups and downs in his motivation level, this is not new..
    and I just said, that at this time of year, his motivation level is high..

I did not say that he has an edge because of this.

it's just important,when you back up a player,that he will be full motivated, its not a edge , only of the terms to pick player IMO.

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I was thinking the Over on this match since I can't commit myself fully to either one. Good possibility of it going 3 sets, no?

Regul8er
    Wordd

Also added Sela to an open parlay.......hoping I don't regret the decision, but I have quite a bit of confidence in Dudi today. Let's Go!

Goat Milk

stream?

Hardcoar

I guess I should've said this sooner (I only though of this way of putting it just now), but Sela is the favorite here so if you got "plus" odds, you're golden.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Goat...check drakulastream
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave Regul8er 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Goat...check drakulastream
    doesn't seem to be there. thanks anyway.

Hardcoar

There is no video coverage for the court in question, so any attempts are null and void.

P.S. The only time you shouldn't bet on the jew when it comes to money, is when someone has paid the jew significant sums of money to throw the game.

DownTheLine

Short version one way or another Jew always gets paid

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I flipped a coin and took sela and cuevas.

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

whats going on with the match the score just stopped updating on flash score.com

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Let me guess, Falla receiving treatment. Just make it thru the set damn you Falla

nvm there we go

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

okay nvm i think it just started again

JustSomeCash

Dudi won first 6:1

DownTheLine

Dudi looking sexy me not so much