poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Thanks guys, he says sarcastically

The tennis gods gave us a gift in the Venus match today but nobody here was bold enough give it a green light as a hammer play, though I kept asking. I'm no tennis capper so I look to you guys for advice. And you guys are great (Matt, HC, and even EP, though he has badluckitis, like me,). Try to stay sharp is all I can say. BTW, did you guys know Serena was laughing uncontrollably when discussing her poor play yesterday with the press? I wonder why...

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

The way Cornet played last night, I consider the odds fair. Venus happened to win in straight sets.

marniblitz
    marniblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Hey Poet!

In all fairness, it looks like plenty of people on this board were on Venus today. The fact that no one was jumping up and down saying "lower the hammer" is simply a reflection of all the health issues and inconsistency that has become Venus' trademark over the last couple of years. Plus, if you really think Serena threw the match yesterday (which I personally don't), handicapping today's match becomes almost impossible, in my opinion.

It sounds like you feel like you left money on the table, which is an awful feeling. Maybe you need to start using your own gambling intuition a little more?

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    The tennis gods gave us a gift in the Venus match today but nobody here was bold enough give it a green light as a hammer play, though I kept asking. I'm no tennis capper so I look to you guys for advice. And you guys are great (Matt, HC, and even EP, though he has badluckitis, like me,). Try to stay sharp is all I can say. BTW, did you guys know Serena was laughing uncontrollably when discussing her poor play yesterday with the press? I wonder why...

Out of Respect for Cornet's abilities against Serena, I couldn't lay the Hammer on Venus. If you remember correctly Venus was laying the wood to Makarova in AUS. Makarova prolonged a service match in where Venus was so frustrated, she caved. This was mainly the reason I didn't lay the hammer. I'm sure I'm not the only one

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't followed WTA since January, so I wouldn't know a hammer from an anal bead.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I was on Venus but a big part of my reasoning was conspiracy theory garbage so I kept it under wraps. Wish I had trusted my own instinct and bet more

Hardcoar

So what... is this your way of bitching about us not telling you to go all in on Venus?

Everything we give you is to be considered charity. You should be very f*cking grateful. If you didn't make a bet, that's your fault. If you liked Venus at those whoreshit odds so terribly, it's your own fault you didn't bet.

I really don't like the point of this thread as I see it.

poet

Matt, I certainly understand your reservations (having seen Venus melt down before and having won so much off Cornet this tournament). As far as you HC, "The way Cornet played last night, I consider the odds fair." that's the whole point of this thread, which is, the way she played last night was a mirage, created by Serena, to make her sister look good when she whooped this girl's behind today, which she did. Sounds like your butt is sore (and not because of the anal beads EP mentioned) cause you were not sharp enough to realize it and capitalize on it, just as I'm sore for not trusting my own judgment on this one. So let's let it go at that, and I think I did compliment all of you for your capping abilities in my post, which is one way of saying I'm grateful or was it too subtle for you?

Hardcoar

That's not it. The point of this thread is you didn't bet on Venus and now you're a sore little bitch. I find this thread and its purpose highly disrespectful, which is why I'm "sore".

The favorite won today (which was likely), what you choose to bet or not to bet you blame on yourself, and I think the odds were perfectly fair.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I understand poets frustration, he really looks to Matt as his advisor and just wanted 1 reason to pull the trigger on a huge bet. He asked about 5 times in matts thread for Venus approval and got no response.

Poet I saw you did place a sizable wager on Venus -4, I think you're upset over all the wrong reasons. You made money in a situation where there truly is no sure answer. You should be happy you listened to your instinct and not upset that you didn't bet MORE. That's just greed that will eventually leave you bankrupt.

I will agree with HC but say it in a non oyster manner;
    These guys are here to give you their opinions and angles you perhaps wouldn't consider otherwise but ultimately you're responsible for your own bankroll and trying to force others to see bets as you do and being angry when they don't is a waste of your time. You're essentially trying to force your pick on them and using the benefit of retrospect to become upset that they didn't agree with you. If Venus had lost you'd be appreciative that no one gave you the green light to blow your bankroll.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    That's not it. The point of this thread is you didn't bet on Venus and now you're a sore little bitch. I find this thread and its purpose highly disrespectful, which is why I'm "sore".

The favorite won today (which was likely), what you choose to bet or not to bet you blame on yourself, and I think the odds were perfectly fair.
    But I did bet on Venus (see Matt's thread from last night where I said I was putting 500 on Venus at -4) I'm just being greedy, like you, you little bitch.

Hardcoar

The best part is I did give my opinion after the guy asked me. I'll reconsider my position on that after this, however.

One thing kid's right about: I am not sharp enough to know the exact outcome of a match before it has been played.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    I understand poets frustration, he really looks to Matt as his advisor and just wanted 1 reason to pull the trigger on a huge bet. He asked about 5 times in matts thread for Venus approval and got no response.

Poet I saw you did place a sizable wager on Venus -4, I think you're upset over all the wrong reasons. You made money in a situation where there truly is no sure answer. You should be happy you listened to your instinct and not upset that you didn't bet MORE. That's just greed that will eventually leave you bankrupt.

I will agree with HC but say it in a non oyster manner;
    These guys are here to give you their opinions and angles you perhaps wouldn't consider otherwise but ultimately you're responsible for your own bankroll and trying to force others to see bets as you do and being angry when they don't is a waste of your time. You're essentially trying to force your pick on them and using the benefit of retrospect to become upset that they didn't agree with you. If Venus had lost you'd be appreciative that no one gave you the green light to blow your bankroll.