MartyFR
    MartyFR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Saturday ATP WTA

Got my thoughts about three matches.

Gulbis ML - 2.40
    I think Gulb is too good for Gasquet in his current form. Strong serve and a solid tennis player. He got more power than Gasquet has. I think at those odds it's worth some units.

Williams ML - 1.40
    Seen both matches yesterday and my conclusion was that Serena just didn't wamt to be in the final. If she wanted that she'd have beaten Cornet. In the Williams - Wozni game Williams dominated. Gave wozniacki no chances. And to compare, I think Cornet is smarter than Wozni but not an as good tennia player as her. Williams to win.

Zakopalova ML - 1.45
    Only seen the Zakopalova match yesterday, but after a slow start she won 11 games in a row. Losing 3-1 1st set she started winning. Ended up 6-3 6-0. Piter had no chance. Despite Pereira being the public favourite, I think Zako is too good for her.

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Hmmm..interesting. I agree that Williams is just too powerful. Cornet has a chance for sure but i think Williams will take this. I'm thinking of backing her but still looking around for more information.

But to beat players like the Williams you need power and precision and Cornet showed both against Serena yesterday, Woz didn't have the power or the precision she had no case against Williams. And when she did it was only temporary. I think Williams takes this nevertheless.
    Last edited by Akatana; 02-22-14 at 05:57 AM.

MartyFR

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    Hmmm..interesting. I agree that Williams is just too powerful. Cornet has a chance for sure but i think Williams will take this. I'm thinking of backing her but still looking around for more information.

But to beat players like the Williams you need power and precision and Cornet showed both against Serena yesterday, Woz didn't have the power or the precision she had no case against Williams. And when she did it was only temporary. I think Williams takes this nevertheless.
    Serena wasn't playing the full 100% though.

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFR View Post
    Serena wasn't playing the full 100% though.
    I'm sure she wasn't.
    I just took Williams. She's just gonna be too powerful IMO. Easy 40% if you ask me. We will see.

MartyFR

Quote Originally Posted by Akatana View Post
    I'm sure she wasn't.
    I just took Williams. She's just gonna be too powerful IMO. Easy 40% if you ask me. We will see.
    Yeah. Saturday with some good tennis. First Gulbis and then the Williams match. Hope they both land.

MartyFR

Can be a wonderful day. Gulbis some of his best tennis first 2 games.

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Clay is Pereira's best surface and she's a South American playing in her home country. Though Zakopalova is a level above her (I think), I really can't be sure about this one. But I am 100% on Gulbis. : )

Good luck with your picks!

MartyFR

And again, first game he breaks. Love Gulbis.

MartyFR

Gulbis won.

One down, two to go.

MartyFR

Venus won.

​Two down, one to go.

MartyFR

Klara Zako won.

That's some nice profit today.

Marillion

Congratulations, sir. Great spots. I was somewhat skeptical about Venus and Zakopalova but I was clearly wrong.

MartyFR

Added a Anderson ML + Cilic ML parlay @ 2.33.

Marillion

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFR View Post
    Added a Anderson ML + Cilic ML parlay @ 2.33.
    Congrats on this as well.

Btw I thought home crowd would be a serious factor for Pereira (Brazil, after all) but when I watched the live stream, there were like 50 half-asleep people watching the game there and the only guy I saw with a Brazilian flag was half asleep as well, lol.

MartyFR

Quote Originally Posted by Marillion View Post
    Congrats on this as well.

Btw I thought home crowd would be a serious factor for Pereira (Brazil, after all) but when I watched the live stream, there were like 50 half-asleep people watching the game there and the only guy I saw with a Brazilian flag was half asleep as well, lol.
    Hahaha, I was watching aswell. Those 50 made some noise every time Pereira made a point though, but I expected more aswell. I'll back Zako in a parlay today again.