Metaphor
    Metaphor's Avatar Become A Pro!

ATP Rio de Janeiro QF

Bellucci - Ferrer @ 6.50

- Now if this match took place anywhere else than in Brazil I wouldn't back Bellucci. Have you heard the crowd? I have hardly ever heard this loud support in a tennis match. Everytime their player wins a point the crowd goes absolutely crazy and completely silent when the opponent does so. They cheer to unforced errors made by the opponent (which is stupid imo) and boo if he questions a line call. At least this was the case in the two matches I caught, Bellucci-Monaco and Pereira-Mayr. Ferrer might have more fans here but the vast majority will surely be behind their countryman.
    - Bellucci actually won their last meeting dating back to April 2012 and did so in straight sets. Knowing he has beaten the guy on the other side of the net before should give him some confidence.
    - Many of you won't agree with this but I'll have it anyway: this will be Ferrer's sixth match in seven days - he might just feel a little tired. You know, he is turning 32 in one month and isn't getting any younger, he won't run like a rabbit till he is 40. This year he has lost to Lu and Brands, I wouldn't rank these guys ahead of Bellucci who is a much better player than his ranking indicates.

zec
    zec's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry but no way..

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

The over looks attractive.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

may be worth a $50 to win $250 . He played very good against Monaco and the fans was crazy for this Brazilian dude.But, I guess the outcome would be Ferrer 6-4, 6-4.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Bellucci - Ferrer @ 6.50

- Now if this match took place anywhere else than in Brazil I wouldn't back Bellucci. Have you heard the crowd? I have hardly ever heard this loud support in a tennis match. Everytime their player wins a point the crowd goes absolutely crazy and completely silent when the opponent does so. They cheer to unforced errors made by the opponent (which is stupid imo) and boo if he questions a line call. At least this was the case in the two matches I caught, Bellucci-Monaco and Pereira-Mayr. Ferrer might have more fans here but the vast majority will surely be behind their countryman.
    - Bellucci actually won their last meeting dating back to April 2012 and did so in straight sets. Knowing he has beaten the guy on the other side of the net before should give him some confidence.
    - Many of you won't agree with this but I'll have it anyway: this will be Ferrer's sixth match in seven days - he might just feel a little tired. You know, he is turning 32 in one month and isn't getting any younger, he won't run like a rabbit till he is 40. This year he has lost to Lu and Brands, I wouldn't rank these guys ahead of Bellucci who is a much better player than his ranking indicates.
    good luck metaphor. Bellucci could get it done. Ferrer wasn't that great vs delbonis

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad match-up IMO. Bellucci will get outworked in rallies and his serve will get exposed IMO. I wouldn't think Ferrer is overly fatigued her either. He did play four straight days last week, but got the rest day in between tourneys and a day off in between his first and second matches in Rio and the day off today. Sometimes I think we tend to overestimate fatigue if we see a guy playing two straight tourneys where he is running deep in both. Sometimes it is set up poorly where they have to play every day, but often you will find some spots like this where Ferrer has actually gotten some decent rest.

I think Andujar or Dolgopolov presents a much more realistic dog opportunity in the QFs. Dolgopolov more so IMO because I do think Fognini is nearing the end of his tank having played three weeks in a row where he has played quite a bit. He's had some rest too, but logged a lot of miles and heavier court time with the three setters this week.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 02-20-14 at 10:47 PM.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Bad match-up IMO. Bellucci will get outworked in rallies and his serve will get exposed IMO. I wouldn't think Ferrer is overly fatigued her either. He did play four straight days last week, but got the rest day in between tourneys and a day off in between his first and second matches in Rio and the day off today. Sometimes I think we tend to overestimate fatigue if we see a guy playing two straight tourneys where he is running deep in both. Sometimes it is set up poorly where they have to play every day, but often you will find some spots like this where Ferrer has actually gotten some decent rest.

I think Andujar or Dolgopolov presents a much more realistic dog opportunity in the QFs. Dolgopolov more so IMO because I do think Fognini is nearing the end of his tank having played three weeks in a row where he has played quite a bit. He's had some rest too, but logged a lot of miles and heavier court time with the three setters this week.
    I see it as well. Fognini should be tiring. It showed vs bedene and Cuevas. The Dog can win tomorrow. Remember guys the Dog likes to play to his opponents level. Kinda the reason why we see 3 setters a lot from him.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Bellucci - Ferrer @ 6.50

You must be American then, because while Brazilian crowds are the best in the entire world (well documented by plenty of the world's leading music artists), North-American crowds are among the very worst.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ferrer rarely loses to a lesser ranked player than him the last few years

Guys just cannot take his pressure

zec

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    You must be American then, because while Brazilian crowds are the best in the entire world (well documented by plenty of the world's leading music artists), North-American crowds are among the very worst.
    LOL what? He must be American because he has hardly heard the support this loud which you agree is the best in the world? Gotcha

Hardcoar

No he must be American because the crowds he's used to suck their own ass and Brazilians are batshit insane. I don't see how saying someone must be an American is offensive... I thought USA was no. 1 and all.

zec

I didn't say it was offensive, it makes no sense as there are hundreds of crowds around the world that are nowhere near the Brazil crowds in tennis..

Metaphor

Bellucci takes the first set 6-4. The crowd is not as loud as yesterday though. C'mon Thomaz!

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    The over looks attractive.

Metaphor

Gz Bumdeal! Ferrer 6-3 and it's one set all. Bellucci had chances to break in the beginning of the second but couldn't convert and Ferrer ran away with the set. Crucial hold now to start the third.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache

I'm rooting for you Meta

Taint
    Taint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Why is this tool delaying game to get fingered in his asss

Metaphor

Thanks, unfortunately Bellucci got broken from 40-15 up and now receiving treatment

prophesyPRO
    prophesyPRO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

Don't retire Bellu! I need this to close out a parlay!!!

Taint

Unreal stupid spics delaying this shit for no reason

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

is it raining?

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

What is the holdup? Ferrer had all the momentum...

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    What is the holdup? Nadal had all the momentum...
    nadal has momentum even when he isn't playing.

reading on twitter there was a flood light issue and ferrer isn't very happy. return to court in 15 mins they say.

SteveKerrsJunk

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey13 View Post
    nadal has momentum even when he isn't playing.

reading on twitter there was a flood light issue and ferrer isn't very happy. return to court in 15 mins they say.
    Sounds like some home cooking BS to me

Taint

I'm watching the over light to the stadium is missing some bulbs but it's bull shit bellici got a massage now extra time to recover

SteveKerrsJunk

When they gonna restart this shit

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

they want bellucci to win all part of the plan

SteveKerrsJunk

prophesyPRO
    prophesyPRO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 543

Lights are on!

Hardcoar

DAVIIID!!! choking a hooker backstage.

Need I say how?

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

officials failed to bribe Ferrer, game can resume

Metaphor

They are playing again after 2 hours pause.

Metaphor

Yeah 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 for Ferrer. I hate to go against this guy, he is just too solid.. but if there ever was a time to do so I feel this was a decent spot so I'm not feeling too bad.

Taint

You should've just taken the spread, the +4.5 +105 hit perfectly

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Damn, shoulda played both. At least Dog cashed for a play. Andujar crushed Robredo.

12 Last