Metaphor
    Metaphor's Avatar Become A Pro!

ATP Marseille 1R

Kavcic - Kokkinakis @ 1.65

The young Australian surely has got a bright future ahead of him but I'm not convinced he is ready to challenge Kavcic tomorrow.

- Kokkinakis is just 17 years old. Tennis has become alot more physical thesedays and that's why young players make their breakthrough later. To backup this argument, I took a look at the rankings: there are just 3 teenagers in top 300, actually 2 if you don't count Lucas Pouille who turns 20 next week.
    - These Australian players tend to play much better down under and drop their level as soon as they hit European soil.
    - Lastly Kokkinakis injured his neck and retired against Kubot last week in Rotterdam. He also hit 9 double faults and won only 31% of his second serves. Kavcic didn't play last week but before that he straight setted both Sousa (rank 49) and Elias in Davis Cup and lost a tight match against an in-form Sijsling in three sets. Earlier this season he has defeated four top100 players: Nieminen, Gabashvili, Ramos and Stepanek.

Metaphor

Berankis - Ward @ 1.65

Adding one play, don't have time to give reasoning but I'll just say I saw Berankis playing couple of months ago in my hometown where he reached the final. This boy is talented, his ranking doesn't really reflect his abilities. And no, his performance at Helsinki Challenger isn't the reason for my pick, it wasn't the first time I saw Berankis playing.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post

The young Australian surely has got a bright future ahead of him but I'm not convinced he is ready to challenge Kavcic tomorrow.

- Kokkinakis is just 17 years old. Tennis has become alot more physical thesedays and that's why young players make their breakthrough later. To backup this argument, I took a look at the rankings: there are just 3 teenagers in top 300, actually 2 if you don't count Lucas Pouille who turns 20 next week.
    - These Australian players tend to play much better down under and drop their level as soon as they hit European soil.
    - Lastly Kokkinakis injured his neck and retired against Kubot last week in Rotterdam. He also hit 9 double faults and won only 31% of his second serves. Kavcic didn't play last week but before that he straight setted both Sousa (rank 49) and Elias in Davis Cup and lost a tight match against an in-form Sijsling in three sets. Earlier this season he has defeated four top100 players: Nieminen, Gabashvili, Ramos and Stepanek.
    Aren't you scared one bit of the Kavcic play. I find it strange he stayed in Europe to win on indoor when clay season is flourishing in southern hemisphere. I for one am not impressed with any of his last plays not even with the set won (sic) against Sijsling and that in Zagreb.

I don't think you know Kavcic that well e can be very lazy/spooky to say the least on occasions. Good Luck though!

Metaphor

Good point, it's a bit strange he chose not to play the clay events considering it's his best surface by statiscics. Then again, he did so last year as well, playing in San Jose.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

He was pretty damn good recently, in Zagreb at least.

Metaphor

Berankis 7-5, 6-3!

Metaphor

Llodra - Lacko @ 1.50

- Llodra is due for a win this year, he has actually played only two singles match losing to Berrer in AO and Gicquel in Montpellier. In doubles he reached semifinals in Australia and won the Rotterdam Open with Mahut, so I'm not too concerned.
    - Lackos results so far this season are nothing to brag about and last week I watched him losing to Becker (guy he had 3-0 record against) 6-3, 6-2 in Memphis. His display was obnoxious and seemed not to even care in the second set. I'm more than happy to bet against guys who have this kind of attitude.
    -Llodra is a different beast in France. He always plays much better at home, just take a look who he has beaten there over the years: Djokovic, Del Potro, Berdych, Soderling to name a few. Moreover, in the past 5 years he has reached the final of this particular tournament three times, winning it in 2010. Last year he was knocked out by Del Potro 3-6, 7-6, 7-5 in R16.

Metaphor

Is someone here going to watch Kavcic-Kokkinakis match? I'm not able to catch it and would like to have a short report. Cheers

ctny85
    ctny85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

Nice call, didnt watch it.

Metaphor

Llodra - Lacko @ 1.50
    6-3, 7-6 Llodra

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Good job buddy, used Llodra to cap off a nice parlay from hoops last night! Looking forward to what you have today!