zec
    zec's Avatar Become A Pro!

Davis cup

I am looking at 1.55 odds on Kazakhstan against Belgium.. I wanted to put a large wager, it looks like a steal to me with Kukushkin and Golubev at home against Bemelmans and Goffin.. I would appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Yeah it seems quite a bit more likely to happen than 65 %. Kazakh's don't take kindly to xenos of any kind and those waffle-bakers have done less than jack shizzle for the past three years.

Are the fukkaz going with clay then?

zec

Indoor hard

Hardcoar

Seems a f*cktarded choice against Goffin and Bemelmans, don't you think?

zec

I think they picked to their strengths rather than opponents weakness.. We'll see if it turns out like a good strategy

Hardcoar

Isn't it a massive net weakness though, compared to that Belgian pair?

zec

Isner drops out for USA and Young steps in. GBR has a chance if Murray can pull off two singles..

zec

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Isn't it a massive net weakness though, compared to that Belgian pair?
    yes, i would agree with that. Kukushkin and Golubev played well at the end of last year indoors.. I think that's their thinking

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Is there an easy way to find out all the surfaces for davis cup r1?

Edit: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/T...rst-Round.aspx
    Last edited by Noleafclover; 01-30-14 at 08:58 PM.

Spinny
    Spinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Anyone else think kyrgios gets a set?

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

You know Kyrgios is going to give it a red hot go. How much that is going to make up for the class gap with Gasquet is the question. The -7.5 games is juiced in Gasquet's favour, if it gets to +8 @ high 1.80s it has to be a consideration. I'd be more confident in Kyrgios serving well and taking the sets to a tiebreak or 6-4 than actually winning one though.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

They might have chosen indoor hard just to save money. Preparing an indoor clay court costs quite a bit and it should be too cold to play outside. But the Kazakh fans should go crazy and it might affect the Belgians.

Spinny

Quote Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
    You know Kyrgios is going to give it a red hot go. How much that is going to make up for the class gap with Gasquet is the question. The -7.5 games is juiced in Gasquet's favour, if it gets to +8 @ high 1.80s it has to be a consideration. I'd be more confident in Kyrgios serving well and taking the sets to a tiebreak or 6-4 than actually winning one though.
    This is true, Nick has nothing to lose though a lot of pressure on france. He will also want to put up a good fight to secure his position on the side for future against the other boys he had a good aussie open

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kyrgios is a tough bet in this spot. First DC match. Very little clay experience, although he does have a win @ Roland Garros under his belt. I see it playing one of two ways. If he can serve lights out, the sets stay tight and even in losing in straights - he could easily cover the spread ... or he struggles to meet the moment and Gasquet steamrolls him. I don't know if it's good or bad that he plays first. Realistically, neither Kyrgios or Hewitt should feel pressure since no one expects them to probably even score on win in this match-up.

Maybe the indoor environment will give his serve the pop it needs. Will be fun to watch as this kid is a guy I have enjoyed following the last year.

I don't think he's playing for a spot here. Once Hewitt is gone from the tour, Kyrgios & Kokkanakis are the future of this team ... maybe Tomic gets sprinkled in if he makes amends, but the Double Ks are the way for Australia in the future.

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

It is his first live DC match. He played a dead rubber against the Poles last year which he was winning until the Polish guy retired.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...quet-davis-cup

"I've been playing some pretty good tennis on clay, it's my best surface."

I was surprised by this quote! Maybe won't help here but one for the memory bank for the clay swing.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's an absolute load of crap coming from someone who has only played two tour level matches on clay and even in Juniors did not show much on the surface. I don't know if that was a misquote or not, but idiotic to think that a slower court is his best surface. He has the one win over Stepanek at the French, but got crushed by Cilic the next match. Maybe he's decent on it, but to say it's his best right now ... ummmm, no.

Hard courts obviously suit his power the best without question.

Spinny

He is from Canberra which is mainly clay courts he has A LOT of clay experience. I use to play juniors with him way back he played in much higher age brackets

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

i loveeeee the goffin over 38.5

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by professionalAD View Post
    i loveeeee the goffin over 38.5
    Tempting. Dunno if I trust Goffin to not either go apeshit or no-show.

Like Foggers -2 over Monaco. If they both show up, Foggers think a bit better player right now, and some errors from Monaco will be all it takes. Even in Arg.

professionalAD
    professionalAD's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah i feel u, im not gona bet it. im gonna start bettin when real tennis tournys start again. im nastyyyy at bettin overs, ill start my own thread when im ready to bet

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like to trust Fognini but here it is Davis cup and his odds are decent against Monaco

Spinny

Quote Originally Posted by Cessation View Post
    1.83 for +7.5 games... might have a go