vjsundhar
    vjsundhar's Avatar Become A Pro!

cibulkova futures help

I got a Cibulkova future bet @ 151. I did each way too, so guaranteed of 1000 $ . So extremely happy about it..

Now if Cibulkova wins i make another 3000 $.

In normal circumstances, i could have hedged on Na li .. But from what i saw, Cibulkova looks like poor man's Serena .. She almost thrashed all her opponents and conceded least games, whereas Na li, i didnt watch much of her matches.. but she beat makarova, penetta, bouchard , all these 3 r somewat similar to cibulkova, kinda aggressive, powerful players.. another important fact is Na li beat cibulkova 4-0 in head to head and had the experience of playing in finals before

But i still feel odds were too low at 1.33 for na li, to do hedging and take out guaranteed returns ..

If i didnt have a future bet of cibulkova, i would have jumped on cibulkova at 3.25 to win the final ..

But now with 3000 $ hanging on the line am so scared to leave it as such and also dont think its worth to hedge it out at 1.33 and reduce my huge returns on cibulkova ..

If i leave the bet, as such and if cibulkova wins, i get 3000 $

If i leave the bet, as such and if na li wins, i make nothing

If i hedge out on Na li by staking 2256 $ at 1.33, whoever wins i make 744 $ as profit

So pretty much confused . Instincts says take a risk and go for 3000 $

But when thinking its WTA, get a feel make it simple and content for 750 $..

here's the bet

1 Dominika Cibulkova Australian Open 2014 Women
    (To Win Outright)
    26/01/2014 2 Places
    1/3 Odds
    151.00 To Run
    Unit Stake: 20.00 EW Single Total Stake: 40.00

So, i need insights from guys here ... what should i do ?

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

So... did you know Serena has a good serve?

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I have a bet on Cibulkova to win and yet I'd still hedge in a heartbeat. Especially with women you never 100% know which version will show up on court. And from an initial $40 bet you'll be guaranteed to make 43 times your investment...most people wait their whole gambling careers for a hit anywhere close to that! But if you're the adrenalin junkie type and would rather watch the match having the chance to win the 3k and you won't be upset by throwing away the guaranteed $744 if Cibulkova loses, then go for it. Congrats regardless of the choice you make... very awesome bet!

vjsundhar

If serving is only criteria Raonic or Karlovic would have won 10 slams by now and infact Serena never ever should have lost round 4.. I mean to say Cibulkova looks so powerful .. She can hit winners at will, from anywhere to everywhere and can easily break and thrash her opponents like serena do .. I knw am extremely lucky to have future bet on cibulkova and hope luck favours me 1 more time saturday ..

vjsundhar

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I have a bet on Cibulkova to win and yet I'd still hedge in a heartbeat. Especially with women you never 100% know which version will show up on court. And from an initial $40 bet you'll be guaranteed to make 43 times your investment...most people wait their whole gambling careers for a hit anywhere close to that! But if you're the adrenalin junkie type and would rather watch the match having the chance to win the 3k and you won't be upset by throwing away the guaranteed $744 if Cibulkova loses, then go for it. Congrats regardless of the choice you make... very awesome bet!
    Thanks Shari for those inputs .. I decided to leave it as of now and hedge on Na li at better odds, if Cibulkova gets early break or so . Lets see .. and all the best for ur bet on cibulkova hope we both win it ..

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I would think you will have a chance to get better hedging odds sometime live during the match. Also if cilbukova wins the first set you could bet Na to ein the 2nd and have a chance to win all bets.

stepanekslips
    stepanekslips's Avatar Become A Pro!

How's it going CLUTCH?!Good job bro.