Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Great pick dog backers what a deserved beat down. She looked fantastic!

Managed to get 2.30 on her to break and win the game, weird odds and it wasn't close.

degenX
    degenX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Cripes can Aggie even force her to serve it out?! Absolute slaughter fest. Happy you ignored my advice degenX!!
    had a great feeling on this one but didn't think she would win THAT big!

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Great performance

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

I agree with everything you've said and I'll take her for a bit against Li if she makes it past Aggie. When she's playing like this I think she can beat almost anyone. I'm just always leery now about taking a dog at a worse price, especially a woman. I had lost quite a bit live betting them because I'd get excited at taking a + on a player who looked to be dominating only to have the favourite come back and win. An old school gambling buddy finally sorted me out and explained why my approach was wrong so now I only jump on big favourites live after their price has improved and of course my bankroll has thanked me for it. She's looking amazing out there though so fingers crossed she keeps it up and wipes her off the court in an easy two.
    Hey Shari, I know you probably don't need too much advice on these things, but these three rules have helped me immensely, especially with live betting which has really sent me in to some tail spins over the years...

RULE #1 Never more than 1u w/o 48 hours contemplation

I do not take the 48 hours literally as sometimes that is impossible (like in a tennis tournament)...but its just a reminder to me not to make spur of the moment decisions like when I get home, sit on couch and say ...time to gamble ...... and 1u action on a tv game turns into 10u at 3:30 am on Aussie Rules Football....yeah real bad

RULE #2 Never live bet worse odds than closing line

Just like you were saying....how many times do things look so good at available number....I say if you could have got a better number at close, then pass....you missed the boat....like many things in life....

RULE #3 Never expose yourself more than +1u add on correlated lines

Meaning after your initial stake is placed on a game, never add to that stake by more than 1u (unless not violating Rule 1).
    So being a sick-o...I have found ways throughout the years to twist things around in my head... I would convince myself I had BB management because I was betting certain relatively small percentages of my BB per play based on confidence....blah blah only to be sitting in the 3rd quarter of a nfl game with Gore o87 yards, Niners ML pregame x2, Niners +4.5 placed in 1Q, Niners 2h -2 and over 49 live placed 3Q and get raped. Yea, even though Gore / niners / over not same bet, ultimately they all were correlated at time they were placed. So new rule....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: degenX

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Terp I like your correlation rule. Too often I am in that same boat, either winning big or losing big with different bets that are all hinging on the same general outcome

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    Booooooom , our girl Cibu in a blowout!

Seems like we were the only few that had faith in her today.
    Amazing performance!!! I was confused why so many people across different sites kept assuming it'd be Aggie in the final and were already trying to work out their bets for that one. I can only assume they haven't been paying much attention to Cibu this tourney to think this was a done deal for Radwanska. I'm just happy I didn't overthink it and got my bet in early so none of the chatter made me second guess myself. With your Li future it looks like we'll be on the opposite sides for the final but I'll be putting max $100 on Cibu so if I end up losing at least I'll be happy that you won for much more

terpkeg

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdeal View Post
    Terp I like your correlation rule. Too often I am in that same boat, either winning big or losing big with different bets that are all hinging on the same general outcome
    I take weeks, or even months, of solid bankroll building and just spaz out in one night. One day later I am betting WAY too much money on a single game. And its never times where I make a thoughtful, clear decision to make a larger than usually bet.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    Hey Shari, I know you probably don't need too much advice on these things, but these three rules have helped me immensely, especially with live betting which has really sent me in to some tail spins over the years...

RULE #1 Never more than 1u w/o 48 hours contemplation

I do not take the 48 hours literally as sometimes that is impossible (like in a tennis tournament)...but its just a reminder to me not to make spur of the moment decisions like when I get home, sit on couch and say ...time to gamble ...... and 1u action on a tv game turns into 10u at 3:30 am on Aussie Rules Football....yeah real bad

RULE #2 Never live bet worse odds than closing line

Just like you were saying....how many times do things look so good at available number....I say if you could have got a better number at close, then pass....you missed the boat....like many things in life....

RULE #3 Never expose yourself more than +1u add on correlated lines

Meaning after your initial stake is placed on a game, never add to that stake by more than 1u (unless not violating Rule 1).
    So being a sick-o...I have found ways throughout the years to twist things around in my head... I would convince myself I had BB management because I was betting certain relatively small percentages of my BB per play based on confidence....blah blah only to be sitting in the 3rd quarter of a nfl game with Gore o87 yards, Niners ML pregame x2, Niners +4.5 placed in 1Q, Niners 2h -2 and over 49 live placed 3Q and get raped. Yea, even though Gore / niners / over not same bet, ultimately they all were correlated at time they were placed. So new rule....
    I always love hearing advice and I can definitely use as much of it as possible so thank you! I've copied this post and saved it so I can always have it as a reminder. I've really cut back on my live betting now thanks to my friend giving me a much-needed talking to and also once bet365 closed live online betting to Aussies. Now that I have to call my live bets in, it forces me to think that much more about whether or not I'm making a good bet and tempers my tendency to get over-excited. Before I would've kept hammering Cibu in this match and had way too much of my money at risk and while I would've won this time, more often than not I would've been wiped out. As my buddy said, they're big favourites for a reason so unless you're getting a better price on a player just move on and enjoy the match. And your correlation rule is excellent and one that I've been stung on badly before so it's great that I'll now have the rule right in front of my face. Thanks again... this is really awesome advice!!

terpkeg

I always love hearing advice and I can definitely use as much of it as possible so thank you! I've copied this post and saved it so I can always have it as a reminder. I've really cut back on my live betting now thanks to my friend giving me a much-needed talking to and also once bet365 closed live online betting to Aussies. Now that I have to call my live bets in, it forces me to think that much more about whether or not I'm making a good bet and tempers my tendency to get over-excited. Before I would've kept hammering Cibu in this match and had way too much of my money at risk and while I would've won this time, more often than not I would've been wiped out. As my buddy said, they're big favourites for a reason so unless you're getting a better price on a player just move on and enjoy the match. And your correlation rule is excellent and one that I've been stung on badly before so it's great that I'll now have the rule right in front of my face. Thanks again... this is really awesome advice!!
    happy to help...although I don't chime in much, I always appreciate your insight

First 12