EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

He won't be missed.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    He won't be missed.
    I'm just happy it was legit, when he lost set 1 vs Nadal.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

It wasn't! This is just an ingenious plan to sway naive Matt under the illusion...

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    It wasn't! This is just an ingenious plan to sway naive Matt under the illusion...
    Yeah, possibly... If he posts pictures of the surgery, then what?

EaglesPhan36

Well it's still weird. Hip surgery, but it was the groin that reportedly got ripped in the Nadal match. Maybe it's a product of overcompensating the hip problem - but either way, maybe they can implant a pair of balls while they're down there.

matt1216

Well it's still weird. Hip surgery, but it was the groin that reportedly got ripped in the Nadal match. Maybe it's a product of overcompensating the hip problem - but either way, maybe they can implant a pair of balls while they're down there.
    Yeah true lol, I didn't realize that this guy is 6'4... What a waste of talent. He's got to be top 3 largest underachievers in tennis to date.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

A doctor explains how his groin tear was related to an underlying hip condition. It's legit.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226805073628

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Maybe he can get a heart transplant whilst in there?!

Changes nothing about what a puss he is.

His groin hurt so he gave up immediately. Not his hip. Any excuse to give up.

In fact, I'd be sus deciding on surgery now is not influenced by PR people considering it says the plan was to wait until after Davis Cup.

Docs would not have said that to start with if playing was going to make that injury worse.

Anyway. penetrate Tomic.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    A doctor explains how his groin tear was related to an underlying hip condition. It's legit.

No. It's just a ploy to sway naive you under the illusion of legitimacy...

PICSORITDIDNTHAPPEN

EaglesPhan36

Matters not. Nick Kyrgios is the future for Australia.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Non factor on tour
    Underachiever

matt1216

I like Thompson too. Those guys will all be top 20 one day. AUS has a bright future

matt1216

Hey EP, u see Donald's melt down last night??? Lol, I thought his boys were gonna roll Nishikori...

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post

I like Thompson too. Those guys will all be top 20 one day. AUS has a bright future
    I didn't see him at Kooyong or know much about him.

Do you know why he is a couple of years behind the other two?

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate Tomic good riddance

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Hey EP, u see Donald's melt down last night??? Lol, I thought his boys were gonna roll Nishikori...
    No man, I tapped out after Nishi came back to win the 1st set. Felt like the under still had a good shot at that point and it did obviously. I had been drinking since the first matches started, so I was done.

Young is still Young. I thought it was funny that some media fukks were trying to say he was "back" - that match with Seppi the round before was one of the lower quality matches of the tournament I thought. Poor play from both.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I didn't see him at Kooyong or know much about him.

Do you know why he is a couple of years behind the other two?
    I was at his match vs Gasquet and he was super impressive. I'm just lucky we don't have online live betting or I would've dumped a good chunk on him winning that third set, especially with the crowd going nuts in support of him.

Here's a bit to answer your question:

Thompson’s last year in juniors came in 2012 and he has been feeling the heightened pressure in playing men’s standard tennis in the professional circuit.

“It’s a big jump. Last year was my last year of juniors and I didn’t make the quarterfinals of the 18s. I was pretty small back then. I didn’t really have a big serve, I didn’t really have a good shot, and I was hitting winners off every single wing out there (today). So I’ve definitely beefed up my game and transitioned okay,” he said.

http://www.tennis.com.au/nsw/news/20...-open-wildcard
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave shari91 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Hey guys just thought i'd put my 2 cents in this discussion.

I actually had the same surgery done just last week that Tomic is booked in for and with the same Surgeon, only difference being i had to wait over a year for my insurance to cover the op.

Anyway all I can say is FAI impingement definitely does make you more susceptible to muscle tears elswhere in your body as you are over compensating for the pain in your hip. It feels like you are constantly pulling the muscles in your groin and that someone is always digging their nails into the area. I pulled hamstring muscles, tore ligaments in my groin and developed back pain due to this imbalance in my body.

I'm still on crutches from the surgery but the big thing for Tomic getting the operation is that he will not develop arhritis in the hip joint later on in his life if the surgery is deemed a success.

Basically this condition is a small bone spur which develops on the head of the femur bone and every time you walk/run/move the spur will grind against the cartliage with the hip joint causing it to scrape away over time and damaging the cartliage forever resulting in premature arthritis in that location. Also it is usually paired with the head of the femure bone not fitting in nicely withing the hip socket due to the femur head being an irregular shape.

It's a pretty serious condition which only gets worse over time, so hope that they caught Tomic's condition early enough. This MAY eplain why he did not try much in some tour matches when he was down.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyglobes View Post

Hey guys just thought i'd put my 2 cents in this discussion.

I actually had the same surgery done just last week that Tomic is booked in for and with the same Surgeon, only difference being i had to wait over a year for my insurance to cover the op.

Anyway all I can say is FAI impingement definitely does make you more susceptible to muscle tears elswhere in your body as you are over compensating for the pain in your hip. It feels like you are constantly pulling the muscles in your groin and that someone is always digging their nails into the area. I pulled hamstring muscles, tore ligaments in my groin and developed back pain due to this imbalance in my body.

I'm still on crutches from the surgery but the big thing for Tomic getting the operation is that he will not develop arhritis in the hip joint later on in his life if the surgery is deemed a success.

Basically this condition is a small bone spur which develops on the head of the femur bone and every time you walk/run/move the spur will grind against the cartliage with the hip joint causing it to scrape away over time and damaging the cartliage forever resulting in premature arthritis in that location. Also it is usually paired with the head of the femure bone not fitting in nicely withing the hip socket due to the femur head being an irregular shape.

It's a pretty serious condition which only gets worse over time, so hope that they caught Tomic's condition early enough. This MAY eplain why he did not try much in some tour matches when he was down.
    Wow, that sounds horrible! Even worse that you had to wait a year for the operation! Thanks for explaining it all and I hope you're off the crutches soon.

matt1216

No man, I tapped out after Nishi came back to win the 1st set. Felt like the under still had a good shot at that point and it did obviously. I had been drinking since the first matches started, so I was done.

Young is still Young. I thought it was funny that some media fukks were trying to say he was "back" - that match with Seppi the round before was one of the lower quality matches of the tournament I thought. Poor play from both.
    Yeah man, after set one young was screaming, .he didn't play terrible he just got destroyed by nishikori.Nishikori rarely missed a shot.
    I went with the under as well.I just felt there wasn't a single facet of you vs game that nishikori wasn't better at.

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Wow, that sounds horrible! Even worse that you had to wait a year for the operation! Thanks for explaining it all and I hope you're off the crutches soon.
    Thanks Shari, the recovery really isn't that painful. Hope you've been making money this Open, good luck with your Robredo play tonight

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Hurt his groin 3 points into the game. Lasted the whole set. Guess we just have pre-conceieved ideas of players regardless of what happens.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyglobes View Post
    This MAY eplain why he did not try much in some tour matches when he was down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    Hurt his groin 3 points into the game. Lasted the whole set. Guess we just have pre-conceieved ideas of players regardless of what happens.
    Would be great if he comes back and puts all of us critics in our place.

And thats all he has to do, come back and try hard, and the public will turn around fast.