Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

The Perfect Tennis Betting Algorithm

For someone who says he bets millions of dollars on tennis a year, sports gambler Elihu Feustel doesn't watch many matches.

"Which one is Granollers?" Feustel says, referring to Marcel Granollers, a Spaniard ranked 35th in the world. "Is he the one that's good on clay courts?"

Feustel, from South Bend, Indiana, says he doesn't need to pay attention to who the players are on the men's ATP World Tour to double his money. He relies on an algorithm he created using data from 260,000 matches to make about 30 bets a day on Grand Slams such as the Australian Open, which started on January 13.

Story from the Australian/SMH today

http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/busines...117-hv8uh.html

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Post the algorithm or I don't believe.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

What the heck?! Too funny to see him pop up in our newspapers.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Yeah, cool eh! And good for him. Can't imagine how many people will attempt to contact him from that. Particularly being in the Australian first.

Have you heard of that Melbourne based fund that claims to turn over $5mill every 2 weeks?

It's "very possible" for Feustel to double his money in a year if his bankroll is less than $500,000 as it may be easier to take bigger risks with a small amount, according to Brendan Poots, CEO of Australia's Priomha Capital, a sports-betting investment fund.

Priomha wagers about $100 million a year, turning over $5 million of funds under management about twice a month, Poots said by phone. The Melbourne-based fund uses computer models to bet on soccer, cricket, horse racing, golf and tennis and had an annual return of about 28 per cent last year, Poots said. The fund's 2012 report showed a 7.56 per cent return. Priomha takes a more cautious approach than *Feustel because it manages clients' money, hedging bets to offset potential losses, Poots added.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yeah, cool eh! And good for him. Can't imagine how many people will attempt to contact him from that. Particularly being in the Australian first.

Have you heard of that Melbourne based fund that claims to turn over $5mill every 2 weeks?

It's "very possible" for Feustel to double his money in a year if his bankroll is less than $500,000 as it may be easier to take bigger risks with a small amount, according to Brendan Poots, CEO of Australia's Priomha Capital, a sports-betting investment fund.

Priomha wagers about $100 million a year, turning over $5 million of funds under management about twice a month, Poots said by phone. The Melbourne-based fund uses computer models to bet on soccer, cricket, horse racing, golf and tennis and had an annual return of about 28 per cent last year, Poots said. The fund's 2012 report showed a 7.56 per cent return. Priomha takes a more cautious approach than *Feustel because it manages clients' money, hedging bets to offset potential losses, Poots added.
    When I still had my tennis thread, a new poster popped in there talking vaguely about this company and I told them how someone had recently approached a horse guy I know about investing into it. He knew I was heavily into sportsbetting at the time so he asked me if they seemed legit but as the fund was brand new I told him to wait and see and then this poster PM'd me asking the same thing. I'm not even sure if I was working here yet so this would've been in early/mid 2010 and this is the first time I've heard of them again until now. I'm actually surprised they're still around as there were a few similar companies like this popping up at the time, some of them even cold calling known gamblers, so I was pretty skeptical of it all. Seems they've managed to make it work though. So far at least anyway.

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    After Bill Vlahos probably not many.

I guess 2% on turnover is a realistic figure at least. I'm a little sceptical about service speed having bugger all to do with predicting winners but then I guess he would hardly give away the big factors to the public.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I read an article about justin's betting tennis that was from one of those gambling conferences. I think someone interviewed him a few years ago