Rumplebeanskin
    Rumplebeanskin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 611

Doubles?

Bit new to Tennis betting, so apologies if I'm being stupid.

Is there a reason people only really tip/bet singles matches?

Marrero & Verdasco (#3 seeds) -350
    and
    Bryan & Bryan (#1 seeds) -800

Both seems like pretty good value considering how heavily they out rank their opponents tonight. Throw in a 3rd and it would seem to make a reasonable parlay.

Is there something I'm missing with betting doubles or do people just not like them for one reason or another?

On a side note, been reading a lot of these threads for the last month or so helped steer me towards a lot of cash, apart from Del Potro and Rybarikova, those hurt today. Keep up the good work!

p.s The "episode" with Clutch was pretty cracking reading

Rumplebeanskin
    Rumplebeanskin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 611

Just as an FYI (and a bit of a bump because I'm curious as to people's views)

Bryan/Bryan -800 #1 seed WON
    Marrero/Verdasco -350 #3 seed WON

Makarova/Vesnina -700 #3 seed WON
    Errani/Vinci -600 #1 seed WON

Now, seeds don't exact guarantee success, even in round 1, but as a 4 man parlay, that comes out close to evens.

Considering in the 1st round, Djokovic was -10000, Tsonga -10000, Murray -10000, Nadal was even -2000.

But the Bryan brothers haven't failed to get past the 3rd round in Australia since 2003, have won the Australian Men's Doubles 6 times including 4 of the last 5 years, and they still come in at -800?

Maybe I'm missing something, but at least they helped make me some cash for a change

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

It's far more interesting and prestigious in general. That would be the main reason. Doubles really isn't as serious. Doubles is almost guaranteed to be better in terms of betting though since it's easier to gain an edge over the bookmaker for these same very reasons. Read up on doubles rules in normal and in grand-slam circumstances.

Rybarikova rocked my balls too... although I rode B-A's and rocked Po'Mo's!