jsleeeee
    Money is evil
    jsleeeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

Paire vs Kyrgios

I put money on Paire -3.5 and he lost the first two sets by 1 game. However, that aside, is ANYONE watching this game?!?! Props to Kyrgios for going to the end. Hes only 18.... Props.

jsleeeee
    Money is evil

Just the fact that this kid is playing out a 3 hour game at his age is incredible. Not to mention how well he did even though hes going to lose.

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Dude you watching this? he have cramps, he isn't moving.. and still, paire acting like a dickkkkkkk

jsleeeee
    Money is evil

wrd. i mean i understand paire has to win though. Kyr wasnt giving up so paire had too. But kudos to kyr

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Yep, it was really nice to see that he didn't gave up, even tho he couldn't really hit/move at all.... Other top players are just retiring from those type of situation, but it was painful to watch

jsleeeee
    Money is evil

He made Australia proud for sure

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I really enjoyed that match although I'm going to pay for it in the morning now. I loved that he kept trying until the end although he was obviously in pain. As long as he doesn't turn into Tomic 2.0, a couple more years in the gym and he might be a little star which is great because we need one here at this point. Definitely has the attitude for it!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I really enjoyed that match although I'm going to pay for it in the morning now. I loved that he kept trying until the end although he was obviously in pain. As long as he doesn't turn into Tomic 2.0, a couple more years in the gym and he might be a little star which is great because we need one here at this point. Definitely has the attitude for it!
    His Father and best friend seemed very down to earth when they spoke to them on TV. That gives me some hope.

Not sure who the meatheads they kept showing in the crowd were though. Hope they weren't his buddies too.

As the TV heads said, that match should prepare him well for the next big one at very least.

Hope Tomic was watching and can see how loud a little ticker was applauded.

jsleeeee
    Money is evil

I see him being a big player in the future

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    His Father and best friend seemed very down to earth when they spoke to them on TV. That gives me some hope.

Not sure who the meatheads they kept showing in the crowd were though. Hope they weren't his buddies too.

As the TV heads said, that match should prepare him well for the next big one at very least.

Hope Tomic was watching and can see how loud a little ticker was applauded.
    They thankfully did seem very down to earth. As soon as I saw where his dad was sitting in the stands I was like "yes, thank cripes we don't have another stage father on our hands!". I really like that him, Kokk and Thompson are all close also as it gives them that extra support when you have someone going through what you are at the exact same time.

I almost felt sorry for Tomic when they showed those poll results but I had to remind myself that he's brought a lot of this on himself. And what he hasn't done, his father has. When you have Philipoussis of all people telling you to learn from his mistakes and pull your head in, it's probably time to make some drastic changes in your life.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

At least Poo can give him some tips on a post tennis reality star career.

Did not see the poll you are talking about. Actually maybe I did see them ask the question, who would be next 'big star'?

What was the result?

Kyrgios 50%
    Kokki 30%
    Tomic 20%

is my guess.

If he can take choosing to be booed off the court in his home slam rather than play on a little further and at least look like he tried to bear the pain for 1 game, I am sure his ego can overlook that sort of poll too.

I wish I thought it might fire him up to do better.