aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Youzhny -150 over Mayer

I want to play this as I know Youzhny is a much better ball striker than Mayer and he usually comes to play in the majors whereas Mayer sweeps up the small stuff. I understand Mayer recently beat Murray but am not too concerned as then he lost bad to Monfils later in that tourny when it counted anyway.

Can I get any opinion on this match and possibly injury/motivational factors that those in the know may be aware of? I am a little concerned of Youzhny's retiring issues stemming from the end of last year to the first of 2014.

Thanks

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Avoid non-void betting by going for sets or spreads rather than ML. I think this is a good bet even at those odds. Youzhny has been sick lately in general, and although Mayer is not bad by any means his fitness cannot contend throughout potentially five sets.

aman86

I hear you..I think that's best bet..unfort ah just moved to -3 at -110 but safer in terms of retirement at -160 now which I've been burned on before...looks like youzhny had a stomach bug it should be gone by now

Hardcoar

Just do -.5 or whatever and you're all non-non-void.

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mayer won their last 3 meetings the over might be the play today

aman86

I hear you on the over (since it should be a relatively close match) and while I think it will go 4... there's too many 6-2 6-3 sets for these guys and not enough tiebreaks that it really might have to go 5 to get the over and I can't bank on that

still undecided at the moment... whether either youzhny -160, -3 or no play...

I don't think I have the -.5 option at 5 dimes??

Hardcoar

Surprising, but impressive by Mayer.