EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sign In When It Happens To You: The 2-0 Choke ...

Happens every Slam, multiple times. Probably one of the most painful ways to lose your wager when your side is up two sets to none and lets the other dude come back and win three straight. Obviously, this is only applicable to the men.

I'm banking on there being one or two tonight. I am smelling being on the wrong side of the choke with Matthew Ebden already. I hate smelling the future.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

It's usually the upset games that end up being 2-0 chokes so usually would suggest hedging or cashing out if using bet365.

Vesely and Ebden on way to 2-0 underdog chokes.

Bumdeal
    Twirling his mustache
    Bumdeal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

I have Anderson and Mahut... if either manages to win I will be surprised

EaglesPhan36

You might get both. I can virtually guarantee you will get Mahut. I am on Ebden and that bum is gonna blow it again.

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagle. Did you have +1.5 sets handicap Ebden available at any of your books?

http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/aus...2mVjRuJE/#ah;2

Was around 2.00.

SirtySree

I think Vesely might be faking an injury to bail you out haha.

EaglesPhan36

No, but I would have taking straight on the ML either way. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Much more of the dying usually.

Funny that you can totally feel these coming long before they are in position to happen. I started this thread, specifically with Ebden in mind when he was down a break. Knowing full well how hard he choked last year against Nishikori. I was on that cork soaker then too.

SirtySree

Its not unusual for the underdog to choke a lead though especially in 5 setters. Thats why bookmakers usually set the line fairly low for the favourite in 5 setters compared to 3 setters.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    No, but I would have taking straight on the ML either way. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Much more of the dying usually.

Funny that you can totally feel these coming long before they are in position to happen. I started this thread, specifically with Ebden in mind when he was down a break. Knowing full well how hard he choked last year against Nishikori. I was on that cork soaker then too.
    Sometimes tennis bites you like this, I know exactly how you feel. What happens is you make a smart/shrewd/wise call, the match goes to pan and then suddenly shit hits the fan and emotions come flying into the equation. You lose and feel so hard done by because you actually made a good call and had events which wernt predictable before the match screw you over.

What about betting inplay and hedging? I notice you use american odds... are you unable to bet inplay? Or are you living and dying by the sword from a 2 set lead? Mahut was as far out as 9.00 (+800) I roughly believe....

EaglesPhan36

No live betting where I'm at for these early rounds. I'm usually not in the business of trading out live - I know that's some people's thing, but it's too much extra work for me because half the time I'm not around during the matches in the first place. 2-0 chokes are just tennis betting. Choking period really. I've been around the block enough where it doesn't crush me like it used to and like you see with the Slam drop-ins who aren't used to the roller coaster ride. It's pretty much an expected outcome at least every other week if not much more frequently when you bet tennis.

EaglesPhan36

Ooooh Ebden wins the 1st game of the 5th after getting bageled. It's Mahut. It's an Aussie. Something tells me this one could go extra.

ClutchOnandWin

When a choke happens it's double damaging. Not only do you feel shit, flat and low on morale but you start thinking conflictingly about those player's that do choke for future matches they're involved in. I've found that. Then the following time when you stay away from them, simply becase you have branded them, a "choker", they close out the match.

Annoying.

ClutchOnandWin

You've got the perk of Mathew serving first.

EaglesPhan36

Differences though choking in Slams. More pressure. I don't usually care until I get burned two times by someone and then they're black listed. Jeremy Chardy is my #1 no bet because of past experiences.

EaglesPhan36

Consolidate the break you prikk.

EaglesPhan36

Shitbag is gonna do it nice & dirty. Up a break and serving to go up 5-2, he's going to get broken and it's going back on-serve. The choke is inevitable Ebden you shitbird.

EaglesPhan36

OMG Ebden ... FINISH HIM you fukkstain.

EaglesPhan36

Vesely is Victim #1.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

After a bad weekend I'm glad to be on the right side of the 0-2 comeback at Vesely's expense. ATS lost but I just needed Anderson ML to finish a parlay

Glad Ebden came through for ya

The 2-0 choke has to SUCK as a player

EaglesPhan36

Yeah. Cannot imagine how mentally damaging it is to see a match slipping away one hour at a time like that.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Checking in (Janowicz)

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Roger Vasselin gonna lose now this fcker

SirtySree

Thompson goes down also. Just too hard pulling massive upsets in 5 setters. The Ebden/Mahut was a minor upset but quite a few backed Ebden. Regardless still an upset which is massive in a 5 setter to manage.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    ... this is only applicable to the men.

Let's thank Gulbis sweet mother of Jerzy-Jebus for that!