Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Del Po/Tomic - Who You Got?

Thinking about Del Po 2-1 sets. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on this play. This match screams 3-setter to me, what with both looking very good last night. The only thing that concerns me is if Del Po takes the first set, will Tomic give in? I've seen others post about him having no heart, but he came back yesterday to beat a red-hot Stakhovsky. I certainly don't see Tomic winning in straights, so the only thing that could mush this is Del Po winning in straights. And then what about Tomic possibly winning in 3? He is defending champion after all, and like others have said, should blow his load here considering there's a very good chance he won't escape the 1st round of the open against Nadal. Maybe make a wager on both 2-1 results, or just that it will indeed go to 3 sets? Of course the Over seems the safest of all, as that could still hit even if it were to end in straights. Just wanted to see what you guys think about this match and what you're playing.

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Not sure if it will be 3 sets but def considering the over. Can see a 7-6 7-6 type game if it isnt a 3 setter

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I foresee the upset.

Del Potro struggles in hot conditions due to fitness woes and doesn't matchup well against slice. Tomic has the game to draw errors and win this one. Bernard to get a set seems the most highly likely winning bet to take IMO.

ClutchOnandWin

Overs line is way too high now, NO VALUE anymore.

SirtySree

Over is only 21.5 on bet365. How is that worse than tomic getting a set?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9189

Too easy for Tomic to totally tank a set to take the over I think.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by SirtySree View Post
    Over is only 21.5 on bet365. How is that worse than tomic getting a set?
    I backed Jordan Thompson vs Juan Monaco - O21.5 @1.72 with 5 units and Thompson 2-0 @6.00 with 1 unit.

Thompson won 6-2, 6-4 or something. I made my money back on the overs by backing a 5/1.

Sometimes if the dog is going to win, he does it in straights. If Tomic wins 2-0 you will kick yourself.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Too easy for Tomic to totally tank a set to take the over I think.
    Good point but in a final in Sydney? This is his favourite tournament after wimbledon. He's a difficult matchup for delpotro who likes rythm baseline duels.

pinnacle420
    THE LOCALS WORST NIGHTMARE
    pinnacle420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Tempted on delpo -3.5. He smashed tomic 3 and 3 last year, in a spot where both were well-rested but not cold. Tomic hurt his hamstring about a month and a half before that, but he stomped gofin the round before and made a solid run at wimby, unless he reinjured there, don't see outside factors.

Just Enough Del Potro has trouble covering spreads, but in the final I see him showing up.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I am leaning >2 sets and DelPo 2-1. Mainly b/c of the home crowd factor. I hope Tomic will man up and steal a set, although if DelPo plays well he can win 6-4 6-2 (he does return very well when he is on fire). I am not going big in any case: I have not been watching of these crapy tourneys. GL dudes.

frugalgambler

First tennis match I am watching this year. Jesus, Tomic is completely outclassed. Still the same pouty loser. Too bad I did not go with my gut feeling of DelPo breaking him 3 times to zero in two sets. I would not put too much stock in this win for DelPo though, Tomic does not have a game of a top-20 player.

STAY STRONG
    STAY STRONG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Delpo too good

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by STAY STRONG View Post
    Delpo too good
    Ya man 21 winners 4 UFE... Holly shit

frugalgambler

Yeah, DelPo looked pretty good. But I think it was more the case of Tomic playing at his usual crappy level. I must have been crazy expecting Tomic to win a set. He has not had a quality win for a year(?). Raonic just schooled him 7-6 6-1 a couple of weeks ago. At least it was fast and painless. Goodbye unit.

SirtySree

Tomic didn't even play that bad and at least he is actually trying like changing his game plan. Del Potro is just too good carrying on his end of season form from last year.

matt1216

I have to disagree man. Tomic had some long rallies and Delpotro just didn't make a error. I would be frustrated too... I hadn't seen delpo play this week... I guess I should have watched

matt1216

fck get this guy out of 250s it's a joke

matt1216

Lol now watch Tomic beat Nadal haha

matt1216

People will read this score and say Tomic has no chance.. Would be a good spot too try

frugalgambler

DelPo dropped two sets against subpar opps this tourney so he probably did not look that great in the earlier rounds. But I guess today he wanted to save his strength for the AusOpen. As for the long rallies, Tomic just has no weapons to end them. His only real weapon is serve, and DelPo returns as well as anybody on the tour.

frugalgambler

Tomic beating Nadal ? Wow Matt. The only way he can do it is if Nadal gets a killer wedgie that will make his hemorrhoids bleed uncontrollably. I think the line will be Nadal -7 or so.

frugalgambler

Don't forget that Tomic remains a major Mental Mary. He showed it again today. Once he loses a set he almost always falls apart against a top player. I think Raonic used to be that way but he is better now.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Tomic beating Nadal ? Wow Matt. The only way he can do it is if Nadal gets a killer wedgie that will make his hemorrhoids bleed uncontrollably. I think the line will be Nadal -7 or so.
    Not saying it happens, it would be the perfect public burial after this match... See what I'm saying?

frugalgambler

Except that I do not think Vegas can control Nadal. NBA/NCAABB maybe, if very rarely. But not Nadal. Anyway, we will see what happens. I am just mad at myself for not checking the matchstat before betting and reading too much into many people praising Tomic' current form, which proved to be sh.t against a quality opp, as usual.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Except that I do not think Vegas can control Nadal. NBA/NCAABB maybe, if very rarely. But not Nadal. Anyway, we will see what happens. I am just mad at myself for not checking the matchstat before betting and reading too much into many people praising Tomic' current form, which proved to be sh.t against a quality opp, as usual.
    If you think "Vegas" has anything to do with match-fixing in general, think again... It's all about Alejandro Falla and Davydenko.
    Last edited by Hardcoar; 01-11-14 at 04:32 AM.

frugalgambler

By Vegas, I mean not a group of shady and powerful scammers residing in Vegas (although who knows they might live there), but rather any source of possible match-fixing. Anyway, I think the match-fixing problem is very-very-very exaggerated and certainly does not apply to players of Nadal or even Tomic caliber.

actionaddict86
    actionaddict86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I got delpo, also future at Australian

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    If you think "Vegas" has anything to do with match-fixing in general, think again... It's all about Alejandro Falla and Davydenko.
    Falla is a straight up thief! I bet he makes as much as someone in the top 20 ranks

Noleafclover
    Noleafclover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3010

Quote Originally Posted by Noleafclover View Post
    Tempted on delpo -3.5. He smashed tomic 3 and 3 last year, in a spot where both were well-rested but not cold. Tomic hurt his hamstring about a month and a half before that, but he stomped gofin the round before and made a solid run at wimby, unless he reinjured there, don't see outside factors.

Just Enough Del Potro has trouble covering spreads, but in the final I see him showing up.
    King play to level
    Final, smash all the slices
    Yet I fear, no bet

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Why are you talking to that "pretender"? Don't quote his posts man, please? You see I forum ignored his batty for a reason. Notice how he's trying to become more involved in interacting ever since he's seen all of us lot stimulate in engaging debate and discussion? The man's jealous. This guy and addictedgaytohottennisplayers are the biggest natural trolls on this forum. They have as much depth as a cup of complete black coffee. AS much as they both "pretend", nothing they say has anything connected with with reality within side the game. Reading the post you quoted of his just proves this, this bloke clearly only reads tennis gossip magazines. What a \*\*\*\*\*\*. lol

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Del Potro and Stan The Man have become top flight players and major threats