Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Stakhovsky + Pironkova

Been riding these two for the past several games and have made some major $$$. Not parlayed unfortunately, as that would've been a very nice payout indeed, but individually on the ML. Thinking about trying it one more time - surely one of the two will win, no? Stakhovsky hasn't lost a single set this entire year thus far in 6 games. I know some of that is attributed to playing against lesser competition and rusty players just now playing their first games of the year, but this guy has simply been pasting his opponents! Nervous about Tomic though, as he is the defending champ here, and beat Dolgo too easily for my liking.

Pironkova has been just as dominant so far this year, scoring huge upsets over some pretty good players, though she has lost a couple sets. It's just that Kerber has been in absolute beast mode so far this year, having only lost to Jankovic. We all know how Kerber usually chokes sooner or later in tournaments, but will that happen again here? Really liking small plays on both of these huge dogs, but not sure if the hot hand continues today. Thoughts on these plays? Parlaying them together nets 12u, but what are the chances both actually win?

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Kerber looked sharp yesterday, hitting deep shots from the baseline...Pironkova benefitted from ton of U.E. from the slow moving cow Kvitova

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Take a look at E. Cabeza Candela +435 if you're dog hunting tonight

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

play those two and you go 0-2 but its your money

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    play those two and you go 0-2 but its your money
    Dude I thought the same to but Stak has dummied Bennateau and matosevic. Not sure what happened to this guy in the off season

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Dude I thought the same to but Stak has dummied Bennateau and matosevic. Not sure what happened to this guy in the off season
    Stak was really good against Marinko. Served the lights out and was sharp overall, some great volleys too.

I took the over 22.5 games for tonight's match with Tomic @ 1.90. Should be able to get there in 2 sets if Stak serves like last night.

betjumper
    betjumper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tomic will not win today, if stak serves well tomic could struggle...

The dog last night wasnt half interested after he lost first set stav will push tomic all the way

matt1216

Kerber looked great too, I could see Stak and kerber winning

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Everyone keeps doubting Tomic, anyone who watched his match last night could see as clear as day that he wants to win this Tournament back to back!!

Matosevic literally choked last night after 4-4 in the first set. He was the better player in the first 8 games of the match and then got nervouse and allowed Stak to take over the match!! Stak faced multiple break points as well early on his serve which is something he will not be able to get away with against Tomic.

Tomic will be very motivated for this game today!

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

i don't think motivation will be an issue here for tomic for 2 reasons:
    1. he won this tournament last year and when you have points to defend there is almost always motivation
    2. tomic is playing nadal 1st round which is essentially doomsday so I think Tomic will give it his all to at least get this tournament win under his belt for the summer.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by dRavidC View Post
    i don't think motivation will be an issue here for tomic for 2 reasons:
    1. he won this tournament last year and when you have points to defend there is almost always motivation
    2. tomic is playing nadal 1st round which is essentially doomsday so I think Tomic will give it his all to at least get this tournament win under his belt for the summer.
    How the fack is he playing Nadal round 1... Yikes...

We know how Nadal does in first rounds of a major. Tomic at his very best could upset nadal

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

i got no idea what stakhovsky is doing on the court..... tomic is 3-0 up and no first serves in .....

Cessation
    Cessation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 762

Quote Originally Posted by lucasdawg View Post
    i got no idea what stakhovsky is doing on the court..... tomic is 3-0 up and no first serves in .....
    He started awful. Couldn't buy a first serve but worse than that tried to outslice Tomic and got slaughtered.

Reckon Stak needs to win this set else I sense he is going to retire and kill my over, he has started to hobble around a bit and has a gimme round 1 of Aus Open.

And Bernie gets the break and will serve for the second set.

GoBlue77

told youuu

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    told youuu
    Blue, who u got tonight? I think kerber wins but I went with pironkova +5

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Blue, who u got tonight? I think kerber wins but I went with pironkova +5
    kerber.

altho i def see the value in pironkova as I've been winning with her right and left but today is the spot to jump off, kerber wants and needs this tournament win after last years lackluster results.