addictedto
    addictedto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Ivanovic - Venus

I personally cannot explain these odds, why is Ivanovic priced so high @1.70. That's against Venus who is already out of the tennis elite. Maybe books have in mind the H2H record between them which is 8-1 for Vinus but last game between them was in 2012. Seriously what you think guys, aren't these odds way too high?

ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

She's that high because of two factors IMO.

1. Ivanovic's forehand is tough for player's without Radwanska, Azarenka type defense to deal with, when it's firing. Against Flipkens it was firing. I know Venus hits a much heavier ball than flipkens, but she also makes more errors.

2. This other factor is Venus has an illness which means she gets tired very quickly. She can no longer play two intense days of tennis in a row, forget 3! Luckily, she hasn't really had to to get here, but she's no spring chicken.

3. There wasn't a 3 but I remembered one. She's too sloppy now a days and makes far too many double faults. Her injuries mean she has problems serving and has lost her ability to move from side to side laterally. She was a good controlled aggressive player back in the day but her day is up and gone.

Ivanoivc can lose if she's a flake. If she's not, she wins, in my view atleast. Odds are spot on.
    Last edited by ClutchOnandWin; 01-03-14 at 02:40 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ivanovic rarely wins events

Only angle

Venus +140

addictedto

I finally took Ana -2.5 Games @2.00 . Think if she wins, will do it stable. Not a big play but kinda like it. Will see.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

i like ana but she is so unstable and it is a final so live betting for me

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

One of the worst live bet bad beats ever for me. 1,5k on Ivanovic 2nd set win @ 1.77. matchpoint @ 3-5 30-40 and lost the set 7-5. I really need to stop betting.

yatescutler
    yatescutler's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i guess you havent watched the first set, if you wage that big on ana 2nd set.
    venus lost 2-6, but showed that she still has the weapons to rape women outside the top 15.
    she just had to decrease 9/10 aggression to a 7/10 aggressive play and tone down her errors a little bit.
    so with that in mind and ivanovic' abbility to choke it wasn't that big of a surprise even though she had match points and could have won it.
    well it is easy to say in hindsight and i hope you will recover.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

All you need to rape women is a tennis racquet, after all!

addictedto

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto View Post
    I finally took Ana -2.5 Games @2.00 . Think if she wins, will do it stable. Not a big play but kinda like it. Will see.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

First win in 2 years for her