ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

ClutchonandWin's tennis plays, fresh thread, with records

Pospisil was playing challenger level tennis this time last year before his meteoric rise in the rankings, reaching massters semifinals and so on... Whilst I believe he is much more developed and mature now as a player, I equally believe having not tennis action for a near-on 5 weeks on tour will mean he inviteably cannot possibly be anywhere near the standard he was showing towards the end of last season.

Bhambri has had the perk of playing 3 matches already on these courts and being used to (Or adapt) to a surface is more important than many may imagine. He'll have an indian wealth of support and so it should be a good contest. Competitive atleast.

Bhambri finished the season doing very well in challengers and winning one, beating Bradley Klhan in 3 tight sets.

He's clutch at anything and also posseses a big serve and big weapons. One two punch combinations and can defend aggressively when on the backfoot.

Pos won't be bombing aces down immediately me don't thinks and Bhambri probably will be.

Bambi to get a set @1.84 (5 units)

ClutchOnandWin

Whilst this may be a fair battle on clay, on hardcourts it's not. It's an ambush out of nowhere. Pella will take him down and with room to spare. Nothing in andreo's game can operate well on hardcourts really, he's playing a claycourters game on hardcourt. Where as pella has a bit more about him and isn't quite so one dimensional....

Pella's also a lefty with a forehand that swings to a right handers backhand and Andreo's backhand is extremely weak like many of his fellow claycourt journeymen he plays. Pella's a tough nut to crack mentally and has competed and done okay on the main atp 250 tour, so will deal with the situation of a semi final of a high calibre challenger event much better.

Pella to beat Andreozzi @1.67 (8 units)
    Pella to win 2-0 @2.53 (2 units)

ClutchOnandWin

Roger Vaseline has an injury and is coming up against a very savy customer who's sky high on confidence today. Sela works all sorts of angles with his shots and Vasleine will be troubled by his industry.

Sela's a very consistent player in rallies and I think Vaseline will struggle to hit through him with any success, espcially when he's not fully fit.

Sela ML @2.38 (5 units)

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
    Roger Vaseline has an injury and is coming up against a very savy customer who's sky high on confidence today. Sela works all sorts of angles with his shots and Vasleine will be troubled by his industry.

Sela's a very consistent player in rallies and I think Vaseline will struggle to hit through him with any success, espcially when he's not fully fit.

Sela ML @2.38 (5 units)
    Hope you hit it! GL

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

By the way, where do you read that Vaseline has an injury...!?

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    I was following this forum for some time now and I decided to join, because here you can find by far best informations for tennis, comparing to the other forums. I totally agree with Clutch and the things he said in past couple of pages. Forum, with everyone running their own thread and just posting picks is boring. With discusion and debating, you can get much better view on a tennis match and make a better decision, when it comes to placing a bet...

To bad you went with Stephens, Clutch. Watching her against Cornet, it was pretty obvious to me that she is not very thrilled about playing in this Hopman cup. Also, with Isner pulling out today and USA without chances to win this one, you probably shouldn't pick her.

Anyway... What do you think about Granollers and Paire match? I am leaning towards spaniard in this one. There was reports that Paire was working hard on mental toughness in off-season, but considering his performance from yesterday, I wouldn't say he tried that hard at all . He was completely out of control. Serving many double faults, making UE... Brilliant shot here and there, but no consisany what so ever. He won because GGL was pathetic. Didn't watch Granollers on this torunament yet, but I am going to take +2,5 with him anyway. He doesn't have a spectacular game, but he gets things done and doesn't give away many free points. What do you think?
    Yeah, unfortunately not many want to debate or discuss, they find it overbearing, too full on or heavy.. or whatever... no real, exact clue but I was getting that sort of vibe. Probably best I leave open for others to come in here and debate rather than the other way around, as it may be misinterpreted as condescending and I don't want that.

Yeah, Stephens has the worst attitude on tour, then again, most of the current breed of American men and women tennis players do. Ryhne Williams, Harrison, Kudla the lot.... tank when they can't be bothered or realise there's it's going to take a real big effort for them to stand a chance at winning.opportunity of them winning.

Quite frankly Granollers vs Paire is a pick I would hate to have my life on the line for picking. I can understand both sides of the coin. I believe most people know that on anything bearing may be clay, if Paire is striking through his backhand clean and with precision, he is an unstoppable force for Granollers. (And serving well ofcourse) That may be why many are leaning his way. He is without question the stupidest, maddest, unpredictable player I've ever seen. My opinion is Granollers is likely to be coming in fully charged up with an eye for winning another 250 title and so we can expect the best of him. He hasn't dropped a set on the way here and although they've all been mediocre in opposition, he didn't drop one. So atleast we know he's not playing badly. I haven't watched either but heard paire was impressive.

All we can do is speculate on how they're hitting the ball. As a matchup, I see Granollers the type of mould that would frustrate paire on a given day and most certainly at some points throughout a match draw many errors of him and bring out his racquet smash. His forehand is his weaker shot everybody knows this, so they do their best to target it. Not many player's run around their backhand, Paire is one of them. If I was making a prediction based on probability, I'd say Granollers will play a tactically very good match hitting forehands with lots of margin for error and staying really consistent, targetting the forehand of paires and hoping for mistakes. When he see's Paire going through one of his headcase spells and just spraying errors he may just go into "lockdown" mode. Yup. IF and GRANTED, this is the Granollers that TURNS UP for the match.... Paire will need to be near his best, consistently throughout the main durations of the match.

The biggest decider though will be first serves made, the gap between Granollers first and second serve is so big, it's not even funny. It's a bit like Murray to a lesser degree. Murray has a world class first serve and a pathetic second (For the level he's at).... and it leaves im in positions to counterpunch just to aid a hold of serve at times. If Granollers is rolling in second serves he will get severely punished, severely, Paire's backhand return is virtually clean as a whistle and will put him in 80% charge of the point 90% of the time roughly IMO, even against an unconventional reasonably talented grinder. He'll hit the return and dash into the net to close off the easy volley. It is worth looking at what Granollers's first serve % was in his first two matches as atleast something of a rough indicator.

All in all, it's a bigger coin toss than Nishikori vs Cilic yesterday. Where the odds for Nishikori were simply low on the incredibly superficial and narrow knowing that Cilic just beat a Federer-impersonator. I did say if I had a gun to my head, I'd be forced into calling Nishikori. In this instance, if I had a gun to my head, I'd be forced into calling Granollers. Talent doesn't always win, infact it';s generally the better matchplayer that wins. Nadal is living proof of that. I just feel Granollers is the more likely one of the two to come up with his most effective, in winning points, patterns of play. Where Paire may just faulter. He's also played one extra match Granollers.

Honestly 50/50 but if I had my life depending on it, Granollers. I'd be shitting myself though. Odds are completely based on talent and nothing more, talent and who looks flashier. Court's aren't even that fast from the naked eye.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    Hope you hit it! GL
    I watched Vesley vs Roger Vasseline and he was moving gingerly and rushing between points. Literally, all he was doing was swinging at balls and acting very blase. Then again, he is french and they're a crop of player's whom are taught dropshots, dinks, lobs and all sorts of creative crap from a fairly young age and encourged to keep on with it, implimenting it into their matchplay also. So this may have been one of those instances. They're not taught any set pattern of play that is efficient and proven to be effective over the long haul. So they all play this flamboyant style that requires less margin for error. Vasseline is probably the least like this though, him and gasquet tend to play more the percentages and sensible shots.

He looked very blase though and care-free. He ended the season with a bunch of retirements, I recall taking seppi to beat him because I caught word of that injury and the idiot retired at 5-3 down or something, 2 points away from losing the set I believe.

Anyway. I think this injury is a niggle, nothing serious and has gone under the radar, but look at this swing http://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/ind...dudi-vZ3xs4bD/

That isn't for Sela's talent or form.

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Amazing insight! Thank you, Clutch

I would just like to reply on few points in your post. You said that you didn't watc Paire-GGL match. I would disagree with the information that Paire looked impressive. First set was a joke. Both players were jsut bad. I have to say I wasn't watching second set that closely, so I will allow the possiblitiy that he raised his game in 2nd...
    That piece about Granollers second serve is on point and should definitelly be considered. Paire can be deadly out of that backhand cross court return. That also then put a lot of pressure on Granollers first serve, if he will not win any on 2nd serve...
    Anyway, I said, I am going with spaniard +2,5 here. I just love such spots, where player with spectacular game (but not in best form) is favored just based on his talent. And on the other side, he has a boring looking dude, who doesn't do anything spectacular, but is consistant, he fights and doesn't give away easy points.
    Gl with your plays today!

thorny
    thorny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1686

do you kno makinithappen?

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Amazing insight! Thank you, Clutch

I would just like to reply on few points in your post. You said that you didn't watc Paire-GGL match. I would disagree with the information that Paire looked impressive. First set was a joke. Both players were jsut bad. I have to say I wasn't watching second set that closely, so I will allow the possiblitiy that he raised his game in 2nd...
    That piece about Granollers second serve is on point and should definitelly be considered. Paire can be deadly out of that backhand cross court return. That also then put a lot of pressure on Granollers first serve, if he will not win any on 2nd serve...
    Anyway, I said, I am going with spaniard +2,5 here. I just love such spots, where player with spectacular game (but not in best form) is favored just based on his talent. And on the other side, he has a boring looking dude, who doesn't do anything spectacular, but is consistant, he fights and doesn't give away easy points.
    Gl with your plays today!
    Yeah I didn't watch it, not even a point. See now what you're saying doesn't suprise me, a lot of people seemingly mistake Paire's moments of "occasional" brilliance for "he played amazing tennis" ... no .... "he had moments of amazing tennis" ... why misinform me ffs! lol You get what I mean? If Paire was eratic and spraying errors and he replicates that against a better Spaniard, he's done and dusted.

Yeah the Paire return basically really scares me, which is why I worry whenever he plays player's without atleast a sufficient second serve kicker. One thing is predictable about this match and that's breaks of serve, we'll see tones of them and most likely tones of double faults to boot from the information you've just given me.

Ugh Sela had 2 BPS ffs.

Anyway yeah. If this was around midseason last season, even knowing how good paire was back then, I'd have been like you and said good spot and for the very exact same type of thinking. Talent vs work ethic and mental stability.

Best of luck.

ClutchOnandWin

What a oyster Sela is meanwhile, completely outplayed Vaseline and had breakpoints but tightened up his arm and over hit his opportunities to hit decisive shots on those breakpoints. Grrrrrrrr!!!!

No stream now.

ClutchOnandWin

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

Unreal Sela 0-4 on BP fcking loser:/

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!

I really hope to see Sela doing something here... Sick of losing in tennis

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by AceKingHigh View Post
    I really hope to see Sela doing something here... Sick of losing in tennis
    Promise me you cover off this bet if he sneaks the set. I am not as confident now, Sela's playing the better tennis but not when it's most crux.

ClutchOnandWin

I put the same stake on him to take this set at 1.9, so crossing my fingers so I can cover off the ML at 1-1 and get outta this BS market with profit.

ClutchOnandWin

1/1 bps vaseline
    0/4 sela

Beautiful.

ClutchOnandWin

0/5 another, choked the backhand this tiiiiiime!!!!!

ClutchOnandWin

This sort of thing has happened to me for an entire week. Missed chances, chokes on serving for sets and matches, the lot. Sela won't even win the set now.

ClutchOnandWin

Tightens up on any bloody shot, not go-to shot under pressure.

khas_il
    khas_il's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

lol...

ClutchOnandWin

Served for the set, choked. lol

ClutchOnandWin

Did he even make one first serve that game? Nope. NOOOOPE!

ClutchOnandWin

This game means so much more to Sela, who needs the ranking points, Vaseline is just swinging and doesn't care. lol Hence all those returns flying in, hitting lines.

khas_il

This guy is penetrating hopeless

ClutchOnandWin

Vasline was 13.00 to win the set when Sela was serving for it and 15-0 up.

ClutchOnandWin

Ahahhahahaha. 0-40 Sela 3 break back points!!!!!!!

khas_il

Is this WTA

Rococo
    Rococo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

I took this game (betted Sela) as my first ever bet with a serious stake... What a traumatic experience this is whahaha.

ClutchOnandWin

lol it's crazy, get the penetrate outta this market man, don't even let this run, trade out!

What's your serious stake? Tell me now. I play to 20 pounds a unit.

ClutchOnandWin

This is all relative but trust me when I say Sela was 1cm away from choking that one two punch with the forehand when facing matchpoint.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by Rococo View Post
    I took this game (betted Sela) as my first ever bet with a serious stake... What a traumatic experience this is whahaha.
    Really bro, I genuinely did not believe Vaseline was fit, so this effectively now becomes 50/50 as I do see him as a spring chicken right now. You don't even need to know tennis to tell he's not injured in the slightest. So take what you can from the experience and say bye to your stake and get out!

Rococo
    Rococo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
    lol it's crazy, get the penetrate outta this market man, don't even let this run, trade out!

What's your serious stake? Tell me now. I play to 20 pounds a unit.
    lol only 12 euros, it's only 'serious' if you compare it to my max 2 euro stakes I played around with till now

ClutchOnandWin

You bloody scared me!

1234 ... Last