ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta feeling about Cornet against the overhyped Stephens

Just thinking to myself in my head about this matchup, it's not exactly screaming Stephens to be quite honest with you. She is the more athletic, but she wouldn't be able to out-move Cornet. Outhit, perhaps, but not outmove or outgrind. Stephen's attacking shots are also very eratic and she throws in many sloppy, cheap errors on the backhand side.

My feeling is Alize will have a little too much experience and smartness for her. If they get into a grinding battle then Alize obviously wins, so Stephens will have to play her attacking style, as she does have two styles she switches between. Only matter is, is I believe under pressure and on the big points she is better with her working the ball around the court and patient tennis.

Yeah, she is a prospect but she hasn't been coming up trumps lately and often tends to make life extremely difficult for herself with gifting mini-leads in games and handing breaks away with strings of unforced errors. She even does this when she's playing well. I can see Cornet capitalising on any late christmas presents she is presented with.

Also the Perth courts aren't as fast as the Brisbane ones and Cornet was decent against Kvitova. She has more big match experience with WTA titles to her name, not that this is a big match.

Cornet 2.83 ML and 1.73 set handicap are seemingly gifts from what I can see.........

Anyone's thoughts on the points I've raised between now and start time in 25 minutes?

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hate Cornet but I agree she can play good and definitely beat Overrated Stephens.

ClutchOnandWin

Stephens is such a bitch, she hasn't played this well in ages.

ClutchOnandWin

You dumb penetrating bitch, the easiest of forehands ... all the time in the world and you hit it to where Sloan is running!

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Sloan knows she has to win, Tsonga is a much better returner than Isner recently. There serves will off set each other. Tsonga to win I believe

ClutchOnandWin

The thing is, this is Sloan Stephens as the best she can "currently" be. Anything less and Cornet in the form she is in, with the style of game she has, could have beaten her today. Cornet's also had somany brain cramps. It's unreal. Absolutely agonising.

ClutchOnandWin

Sloan wasn't even playing half as good as she could closing out the season, this sudden transformation makes me wanna punch her.

ClutchOnandWin

Just punch her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
    The thing is, this is Sloan Stephens as the best she can "currently" be. Anything less and Cornet in the form she is in, with the style of game she has, could have beaten her today. Cornet's also had somany brain cramps. It's unreal. Absolutely agonising.
    Sloan needs motivation. She looks bored at times, which hurts her. She's not even sweating and Cornet is exhausted. Cornet is play great but she's shitting the bed on the points that matter. Plus cornet is injured

playing for your country and John Isner has her up for this game

ClutchOnandWin

So wait? Cornet is injured and you didn't penetrating think to post that information inside of here?

ClutchOnandWin

Why is Cornet trying to be ultra aggressive? because she's injured? So this is why she isn't penetrating grinding. You didn't think to inform me she was injured?

matt1216

Sorry bro, they said it just after she started. I wish I had the info too. I just happened to take Sloan ML

ClutchOnandWin

I think Stephens comes into this season in better form, she didn';t produce this quality to this consistentcy, point after point at even the US Open. Don't feel it's motivation.

matt1216

Do u have this on TV? I'm watching this live on Tv and they keep saying Cornet isn't feeling well, could be excuses. She seems to complain alot

ClutchOnandWin

All I know is I've sat through another bad beat. Every player I back is injured or choking a matchpoint. Morita, later find out she's injured. Istomin, he has a matchpoint against Cilic and loses. Querrey, he is 2 points away from beating Matosevic. Nieminen to get to 3 games first against federer, he is 2-2 and 40-0 up serving for 3-2 and the bet to win. Federer lobs him as he experiments on a sere and volley play and it catches the mother penetrating baseline. Federer comes all the way back to deuce and then ad out and there's the break.

This is a nightmare.
    Last edited by ClutchOnandWin; 01-01-14 at 05:17 AM.

ClutchOnandWin

I also have over 20.5 games and even that won't win. Every game has gone to deuce virtually and each time Stephens's way. Never had a streak like this of shit going against me.
    Last edited by ClutchOnandWin; 01-01-14 at 05:19 AM.

matt1216

That querry beat was fcked man. Some bad luck today. Maybe sit back and reflect a bit

ClutchOnandWin

I hedged a tiny bit on that during the choke, but still....

matt1216

Take Karlovic after he's 1.67.... He should be 1.40 Tsonga will win to.

ClutchOnandWin

That mishit drive forehand volley sums up my week.

ClutchOnandWin

I've already doubled monils and karlovic

matt1216

Lol Sloan just said she had to win so she can carry Isner lol. Tsonga looks geared to go