Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

Is this Parlay too Risky? Thoughts...

Considering parlaying Verdasco + Pospisil for a decent amount. The risk is around 4u or so to win 1u, but I don't see this losing. What are your thoughts? Don't like risking a lot on parlays, but this seems too good to pass up.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I don't see them losing either, but they are at least as likely to lose as the odds would suggest. That bet is in no way too good to pass up.

Semper Fidelis

Thanks for the response HC. I suppose you're right, it's pointless to risk so much for such a small payout. Better to add one or two more decent favorites to lower the amount of money risked. Of course that increases the chances of it not hitting, but seems safer. Ended up sticking with a straight on the under in the Pospisil match, might make a wager on the total or spread in the Verdasco one as well.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

No. It is only pointless because the odds hold no value. If they did, it wouldn't be pointless regardless of the odds' magnitude.

That said, one should never stake large a portion of his bank-roll on any single bet.

Semper Fidelis

Yeah I learned a long time ago not to risk a big portion of bankroll on one play. I keep most of my wagers from 1 to 2% of my roll, with an occasional 5% every now and then, never to exceed 10% - and only then on the ones I'm most confident in. This parlay would've been a 5% had I made it, and it will probably win, but you're right about the value not being there. Anyway at least my total is looking pretty good so far (only a 2% play).