ClutchOnandWin
    ClutchOnandWin's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have got to be taking the piss out of my life! ITO to beat the epitomy of Amer...

...American tennis @2.73

Crazy. Who says he's a better player? What signifies this? Show me what stats? What are the bookies and punters snorting?

Alright. Big servers seem to be doing well and there is word on twitter the court's there in Brisbane are fast, but 2.73 underdog?

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

-Better ranking
    -2-0 head-to-head

Here's a something you should bookmark: http://heavytopspin.com/2013/11/19/t...-2013-surface/ Will help you a ton.

yatescutler
    yatescutler's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i saw wta brisbanes lisicki and petkovic matches and the surface is ridiculously fast.
    serena could ace non-stop every atp player.

ClutchOnandWin

I really don't rate looking at rankings but I guess the bookies have to go on something. Head to head doesn't bother me, Harrison's an inherent loser.

Thanks for that link.

ClutchOnandWin

Quote Originally Posted by yatescutler View Post
    well i saw wta brisbanes lisicki and petkovic matches and the surface is ridiculously fast.
    Hmmmmmmm. Lisicki plays with a lot of power. Hope you're not misled on that. I caught bits of Petkovic and Mattek's aggression was taken care of. Still. I still think Ito should be slight favourite in my head.

...but I think you may be right, it's possibly very fast.

Tmuston Beltics

Quote Originally Posted by yatescutler View Post
    http://www.mid-day.com/opinion/2010/...don-Tennis.htm

ClutchOnandWin

Please don't get me started with this Serena myth.

Serena is good, don't get me wrong but she is being vastly overrated, the fact she is a perfectionist and doesn't take any of her opponents in the slightest bit lightly, no matter what their ability, means she smashes them love and love most days. This gives people this deception that she is too good for the female sport and needs to compete in the men's game.

I am pretty sure she would get merely a few games off players ranked between 200 and 400. 500+ she'd possibly sneak some tiebreaks, but only really 800+ is where we can start contemplating if she'd have a realistic shot at winning.

It's a completely different sport, Serena moves well when reacting to females moving her about the place, but if a male were to do it, it would be all over. Her offense would be better defended too by male player's. It's all a big load of nonsense because she's afro-american and dominating the sport people have this distorted vision she'd beat challenger players.

Sanem Singh and Jamere Jenkins for example, two players ranked between 200 and 400 whom would beat her comfortably, not thrash, but certainly comfortably beat.

She has said in an interview, men's tennis is a different sport and it actually is. Serena has no "quality" rally ball, she would struggle against male college players. I'm certain of this. This is why she laughed at the Andy Murray proposal, just shows how much the media and some fans are out of touch with tennis. Murray was posed the question but some idiotic journalist. Kinda glad it happened though as I found Serena's humble and honest answer to be a confirmation of my rational suspicions.

It's laughable that people think she'd slot in at 250 atp level.

ClutchOnandWin

Watch her interview on the David Letterman show, she chuckled so hard at the Andy Murray suggestion and felt embarrased just visualising it. She made a blanket remark, "men;s tennis is a completely different sport". She is right, it is. Women's tennis is all about the return of serve, because they have pathetic second serves, serena isn't used to playing against player's with a good second serve kicker, she's used to being heavy favourite for every point against most player's outside of Azarenka, Stosur, Kvitova and Sharapova when recieving a second serve. She wouldn't have the "step inside and run around to hit a huge groundstroke deep, hard and flat on any male's second serve. She relies a lot off these balls that sit up for her.

I think many guys are looking at her dominance in the women;s game and biceps and becoming fooled. She's basically a big fish, in a very small pond. (When you put her in a male's tennis context)

ClutchOnandWin

The point of Serena schooling Jeremy here is one of the very few she won in their hitting session.

Tune to 4.50.

ClutchOnandWin

5-1 Ito first set.

This is why you should only ever use stats as a guide. Ito wins the matchup against Ryan wreckless ballbasher Harrison in this form. He neautralises eveeryhting ryan has to throw at him.

Easy win.

ClutchOnandWin

and all of a sudden....

This scoreboard shit is annoying.

If I could pay to watch the outter courts, I would.

ClutchOnandWin

lol

Imposion, or Harrison's putting it together and the difference in serves are opening up more opportunities for Ryan.

Spoke too soon and deserved the loss. Books were right based on surface speed. Whether that was by fluke or researching the speed, I'm not so sure.

ClutchOnandWin

Wonder whether there was a slight injury Ito had? Quite a plummet.

Tmuston Beltics

Bageled in the third. Unexpected.. WTA-like ending.

ClutchOnandWin

lol

ClutchOnandWin

Govortsova ML @2.5 (2.5 units)