jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do You Think We See More Joker And Nadal Domination in 2014??

How long can it last??

Joker clearly best player in the world

Del Potro and Stan the Man did push the big boys this year

Fed looked better late in year

Murray a pussy boy and dont see him to be a factor

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

No. Not at all.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

i hope joker wins the french next year he's been so close i reckon he could of beat rafa in 2011 but fed had to beat him then bend over to his master

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How long can it last??

Joker clearly best player in the world

Del Potro and Stan the Man did push the big boys this year

Fed looked better late in year

Murray a pussy boy and dont see him to be a factor
    Joker and Nadal will be here. Murray will probably have a slow starting coming off that back injury. Not much to say about Stan..... The guy is probably 6th best ahead of Berdych behind Delpotro. I think Delpotro finally cracks thru as the most dominant tennis player next year. I may even throw a unit or two @+1200 to win the Aussie open. Fully rested Delpotro is second on hardcourts only to Joker.

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nadal will have a tough time defending all his points. Once the steroids wear off he will start losing more on hard courts again. Djokovic will continue winning and I agree with Matt I see Delpo winning a few masters maybe even a slam. I think Federer will be better too. Maybe a masters or two, and possibly Wimbledon, but he has no chance on the slower courts. Its make or break for him. A string of more bad losses like he had this year could finally make him hang up his raquets.

Reza.Vahdani.M
    Del Potro Fan
    Reza.Vahdani.M's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think that Nadal can win one or two slams next year.maybe one for Del Potro and one for the Joker.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Djoker/Nadal/Del Po - #1,2,3

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Delpotro #1, it's gonna happen

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Nadal slows down

Del Potro will be a major threat

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

You gotta be kidding me with all this DelPo talk. Only if the big three simultaneously break legs will he win a Slam next year. He will decline faster than Nadal.

Chaz22
    Chaz22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17185

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    You gotta be kidding me with all this DelPo talk. Only if the big three simultaneously break legs will he win a Slam next year. He will decline faster than Nadal.
    I agree. Del Po is good, but he gets injured way too often.

I think Nadal will still stand as no.1 for first half of the year for sure where he does not have that many points to protect. for example in AO he can only gain points, and it might be the whole package he gets there. Than comes couple of Massters and clay season kicks off where again he will be dominant. Joker and Murray might be a threat starting from Wimbledon, but then again Nadal last year lost in 1st round and dont think it's gonna happen again. He will take some points there so i think this will be Nadal's season of dominance.

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    I wouldn't quite put it this harshly, but as is often the case, Frugal brings some logic to the table.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nadal = AO + FO
    Murray = Wimbledon
    Novak = US open

Del Potro is overrated.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    I wouldn't quite put it this harshly, but as is often the case, Frugal brings some logic to the table.
    Thanks for the compliment, Naked Tsonga. I miss tennis, betting on NBA/NFL/soccer is just not the same. As for JMDP, he is a great player and outside the top-3 he has the best chance to win a slam next year. But I think his big frame puts him at a significant disadvantage in 5-set matches. Novak, Nadal and even Murray are just ideally built to win Slams. But you never know what might happen: Murray might never fully recover from his back issues, Nadal's knees might give up again and Novak might run out of gas sooner or later. We shall see.

Hardcoar

If Federror keeps up with Murray and Nadal simultaneously fading away he might be able to snatch one of Djokobo. With a little luck, he might even take a slam in the toughest of competition, although this is obviously not too likely. Making no. 1 is more or less out of the question as far as I'm concerned.

frugalgambler

From what we saw last year, Federror << JMDP; not only that but also Federror < Ferrer/Tsonga/Waw, except on grass. I do not believe in miracle recoveries, especially for players who have already achieved everything.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with frugal here. If this past year was any indication, Fed's slam-winning days are over. He is already falling behind some of the guys in the second tier.

JMDP is a top-five player, but he's just not good enough defensively (IMO) to contend with Djokovic and Nadal.

Perhaps the biggest factor we're not discussing is the draw. Where you land in the bracket can help or hurt you so much. For instance, look at Nadal's path to the US Open final compared to Djoker's. It obviously doesn't help JMDP's cause when he's lined up with Djoker, Wawa, Murray and Berdych.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

I think the big surprise this year will be Murray dropping off big time in the rankings. Monkey is off his back(wimbleton) and he just doesnt have a very competitive spirt. He will fire Lendl and will live it up in real life because he is englands(not really english) golden child

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    I think the big surprise this year will be Murray dropping off big time in the rankings. Monkey is off his back(wimbleton) and he just doesnt have a very competitive spirt. He will fire Lendl and will live it up in real life because he is englands(not really english) golden child
    lets hope thats not the case, i lean towards murray being a new superstar