tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game spread in tennis - strategy

Hi guys

i want to discuss a strategy with you

In july/august i was betting this way on pinnacle, i was just taking the safest game spread

for example recently i remember a bet, Hanescu vs Anderson on hardcourt, Hanescu + 5 games odds @1.50
    for me this kind of bet is very safe

i don't have any method actually, i just like taking the safest bet when it's about game spread

other example : Djokovic vs Fognini in Shanghai, Fognini +7 @1.50 it means the guy has to lose 6/3 6/1 to lose your bet, ok it's Fognini but it's still very unlikely for me.

I need to work on a method to calculate my stake because at the moment i don't have any, like Kcava has in the NHL forum...

in july/august i had a result of 21 wins for 6 lossses, odds between 1.30 and 1.80 ... that was good, need to work this out in january i guess...

anyone betting like this ?

weshobste
    weshobste's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Hi Tips

Sorry but I only use Kcava's strategy in the NHL forum. Really know nothing about tennis betting, never done it but would be willing to learn. It seems to me that there has to be a way for you to apply Kcava's strategy. Would this be a chase for you also?

tipsadontlikehim

hi weshobste,

Yep it would probably be a chase as well... the best i can do in january is test this on very small amounts... and then see. The problem with chasing on low odds is that i need a big bank !!

Starting today:

Djokovic - Stepanek: OVER 27 @1.57
    1 Unit

7/5 6/1 6/4 = 29
    WIN

Here i'm not taking the game spread I got a better feeling on this Over games. It's still the same logic though.
    Last edited by tipsadontlikehim; 11-15-13 at 11:25 AM.

tipsadontlikehim

Low odds but very safe is Leonardo Mayer today @1.288
    3 Unit

I find Leo Mayer very reliable when he's playing clay challengers in South america

(This bet is out of my initial strategy, i'm not gonna take many of those, only when very confident)
    Last edited by tipsadontlikehim; 11-16-13 at 02:04 AM.

weshobste

Quote Originally Posted by tipsadontlikehim View Post
    Low odds but very safe is Leonardo Mayer today @1.288
    3 Unit

I find Leo Mayer very reliable when he's playing clay challengers in South america

(This bet is out of my initial strategy, i'm not gonna take many of those, only when very confident)
    I can understand how you are drawn to NHL after seeing the lines of some of your tennis plays. I just looked at the odds on your picks (at 5 Dimes) and see Mayer is 1.250 (or -400 American odds). That's juicy! Like I said, I really don't know anything about tennis betting - but would like to learn.

Let's say Mayer lost. Would you spread the loss over the next several matches? Or would you parlay your betting units to reduce the juice like they talk about in the hockey thread?

Food for thought.

Good luck with your wagers!

tipsadontlikehim

Quote Originally Posted by weshobste View Post
    I can understand how you are drawn to NHL after seeing the lines of some of your tennis plays. I just looked at the odds on your picks (at 5 Dimes) and see Mayer is 1.250 (or -400 American odds). That's juicy! Like I said, I really don't know anything about tennis betting - but would like to learn.

Let's say Mayer lost. Would you spread the loss over the next several matches? Or would you parlay your betting units to reduce the juice like they talk about in the hockey thread?

Food for thought.

Good luck with your wagers!
    Indeed, tennis odds are not attractive at all that's why we say it's better to back the underdog.

The Mayer bet is an isolated bet, so i'm not gonna chase if lost, i 'm taking it because i'm very confident, there won't be many of that kind of bets here.

What should i recommend for you ?
    I think tennis is one of the toughest sport to bet on unfortunately, the reason why i bet on it is because it's by far my favourite sport, but i won't recommend any "newbie" to bet on it. I think you should first watch matches without betting, i don't recommend you to bet on this if you are not into it, too dangerous.

Thanks for your reply anyway! What sports do you usually bet on ?

weshobste

Indeed, tennis odds are not attractive at all that's why we say it's better to back the underdog.

The Mayer bet is an isolated bet, so i'm not gonna chase if lost, i 'm taking it because i'm very confident, there won't be many of that kind of bets here.

What should i recommend for you ?
    I think tennis is one of the toughest sport to bet on unfortunately, the reason why i bet on it is because it's by far my favourite sport, but i won't recommend any "newbie" to bet on it. I think you should first watch matches without betting, i don't recommend you to bet on this if you are not into it, too dangerous.

Thanks for your reply anyway! What sports do you usually bet on ?
    Hey Tips

I use to play tennis when I was in college and was pretty good at it. But that was a long time ago. I primarily bet MLB, NBA, college BB, NHL and college FB. I do not like the NFL at all, and seldom bet it. I chase MLB, NBA and NHL and have had good success. Have you checked out "Wallcos" NHL and NBA chase threads. You might like them.

I was really surprised at the lines in tennis. Hockey and baseball lines must seem to be a breeze to you. I don't think I've ever seen anything close to a -400 line in moneyline sports. I'd be a nervous wreck.

How about you? What do you bet besides tennis? What are your sports interests. I'd assume hockey also.

Good luck to you on your tennis bets. Better you than me.

tipsadontlikehim

Hi mate,

haha you are perfectly right, because i bet 90% on tennis, everytime i see the odds in NHL, NBA etc they look attractive to me, especially NHL !! I did check Wallco's topic, i started to take the same bet as him on NHL, amazing strategy.
    I don't know much about NFL but i know there are some big odds to take sometimes, many surprises!

Yes like i said, i bet 90% on tennis, recently many bets on NHL also, and sometimes soccer but that's rare

-400 that sucks indeed, anyway Leonardo Mayer won as expected

tipsadontlikehim

djokovic - stepanek: Over 27 @1.57
    1 unit

7/5 6/1 6/4 = 29
    win
    low odds but very safe is leonardo mayer today @1.288
    3 unit
    win
    (this bet is out of my initial strategy, i'm not gonna take many of those, only when very confident)
    2-0-0
    +1.43 u

tipsadontlikehim

Nieminen/Berankis: Berankis +4 @1.654
    1 U - Nieminen 6/3 6/1

Nieminen struggling a lot today, Berankis cruising vs Laaksonen, that's worth a bet, pretty safe IMO.
    Last edited by tipsadontlikehim; 11-17-13 at 07:39 AM.

tipsadontlikehim

Djokovic/Berdych: Berdych to win a set @2.04
    1 U

and a rare Soccer bet: Croatia/Iceland (tuesday): Croatia (-1) @1.54
    1 U

Last edited by tipsadontlikehim; 11-17-13 at 09:47 AM.

tipsadontlikehim

Out of my initial strategy again but.... SAFE BET !!

Soccer: France/Ukraine: Ukraine to qualify @1.385
    20 U !!

Believe me, I am french living in France I know this team, spoiled guys don't give a crap about the national team, lost 2-0 in Ukraine, they need to win 3-0 in Paris this tuesday... 10% of chance IMO so this 1.385 is a real value. French team is overrated and Ukraine is underrated, Ukraine have a great defense, and if they manage to score 1 goal they qualify because France would need 4 goals.
    Big confidence here.
    Betting against my team but well business is business

weshobste

Hey Tips

Are you still playing NHL under 6/6.5 system? If so, how are you doing?

MiddleMan
    MiddleMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1060

Ouch. To be honest, I wouldn't have disagreed with either of your last two plays (not that I would have played them due to lack of value). You're a bit stiff to have lost on Ukraine, and I also thought Berdych would have taken a set off Djoker, especially when he was up a mini break in the second set tiebreak.

tipsadontlikehim

hi Middleman,

indeed very bad move on Ukraine i was so confident on this one still 20 U was too much... i'll learn from this!
    Berdych choking! that was ugly to see in this teabreak!

@ wesh: hey man, actually i haven't yet ! i will see what i can do in the next days...