onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federer +110

del Potro -130

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

I think this is Delpo again. I know Delpo has played alot of matches but for better or worse(its been better for him lately) Delpo takes time off(mentally) in each and every match which in my opinion has allowed him to stay mentally fresh over a longer period than if he gave full mental attention to every point in every match(like a Nadal or Joker). Since the US open, in the vast majority of Delpo matches he will win the first set. Against crappy players he wins the 2nd set also. Against better players he will take the mental breaks (dropping 2nd set) then he turns on the focus again in the 3rd. Delpo took Joker to a 3rd set tie breaker 2 tournaments ago. He is playing great!!! Fed does NOT have the home field this week. Fed has been garbage most of the year. I could be wrong about the outcome, but I think we are getting a great price on the Delpo ML. I'm still gonna think more about this before I place the wager but this is my initial analysis.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    I think this is Delpo again. I know Delpo has played alot of matches but for better or worse(its been better for him lately) Delpo takes time off(mentally) in each and every match which in my opinion has allowed him to stay mentally fresh over a longer period than if he gave full mental attention to every point in every match(like a Nadal or Joker). Since the US open, in the vast majority of Delpo matches he will win the first set. Against crappy players he wins the 2nd set also. Against better players he will take the mental breaks (dropping 2nd set) then he turns on the focus again in the 3rd. Delpo took Joker to a 3rd set tie breaker 2 tournaments ago. He is playing great!!! Fed does NOT have the home field this week. Fed has been garbage most of the year. I could be wrong about the outcome, but I think we are getting a great price on the Delpo ML. I'm still gonna think more about this before I place the wager but this is my initial analysis.
    Last week I thought Delpo must be running low on gas. I've dug a little deeper cause the lazy sucker keeps racking up the wins

gaebiskon
    gaebiskon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5062

delpo maybe tired and as much as he's been on a decline, fed still can't be ruled out on indoor courts

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Something to think about. About 50 cents lower on the opener for Del Potro vs. last week. Books might be baiting you into taking Del Potro here. I don't know who is gonna win, but the price drop is something to think about.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

If Delpo had a half a brain, he would tank this match and rest up for the final 8. There is nothing but a lot more work and tennis waiting for him if he beats Fed. But, frankly, I'm not sure if the guy is that smart.

poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Something to think about. About 50 cents lower on the opener for Del Potro vs. last week. Books might be baiting you into taking Del Potro here. I don't know who is gonna win, but the price drop is something to think about.
    Agreed EP. The price drop is interesting to say the least.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    If anybody watched the first match I thought federer played better than delpo the first two sets. Delpo gave it everything in the 3rd and barely hung on. I think fed is the play here as Delpotro has to be damn near empty on fuel

Good luck

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If I had to bet it its Fed

I like Berdy more tomorrow

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If I had to bet it its Fed

I like Berdy more tomorrow
    Ya berdy is a bit of a sleeper. Maybe tomorrow is the dog day. We havnt really had one yet. Would be nice

matt1216

Actually now that I look, berdy might be in tough. Berdy is going from two guys that are underachieving returners(andujar/Raonic) to the ultimate returner. From what I remember Berdych is average-above average on baseline returns??? I think ferrer first set winner might be the play. Total 360 from Raonic's game

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Ya berdy is a bit of a sleeper. Maybe tomorrow is the dog day. We havnt really had one yet. Would be nice

I'm not saying dogs can't bark tomorrow, but Monday was the big dog day for this week, Matt.

Herbert, Rosol, Flodonis (Have no idea why he was a dog, but he was +105 when I bet him), ADHD Verdasco and Nishikori (Have no idea why he was a dog either. Benny on an indoor court in France, but still ...) all scored "upsets" on Monday.

As far as Fed-Del Po is concerned, I'm picturing another tight three-setter. Del Po has won three straight over Fed since the heartbreaker at the Olympics, but Fed has taken a set in each of those matches. You also have a decent chance to see a tiebreak, as Del Po's serve has looked great at times. Federer, meanwhile, may be the most motivated of the remaining eight to win this tourney. Think of it as a way for Fed to close his year on a positive note and give himself added confidence that he can still hang with the big guns.

I think Del Po will pull this one out, but he has put a lot of mileage on his body recently, so I will probably look hard at a total or a 2-1 sets bet in this spot.

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

del potro vs dodig

is same. but! fed make finish on del potro where
    dodig not

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Matt's been dying to beat beat Delpo this week. Let's turn back the clock and roll with some Fed this morning.

Re: their last meeting I agree Fed played better overall but JMDP served huge and that's why he came out ahead.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Fed wins in 3!!!!