Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer v. Rosol total O/U @20.5....?

I wanted to gauge some opinions on this matchup.

Ferrer has required several 3-setters in recent matches, I know he's steamrolled Rosol in H2H, but I think Rosol might manage 1 set tonight...

debating this play, or just a juice parlay.

Clearly the books expect a quick match between the two..
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-30-13 at 01:22 AM.

horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Well, I watched Rosol's match against Chardy and I can tell you that the entire match was about Chardy ... he hit 90% of both winner points and UEs; at one point, in second set, Rosol was a break up (I think the score was 4-3) but he had 0 or maybe 1 one winner shot - all his points came from his serve (which was ok) and, on Chardy's serve, all points were gifts from Chardy (UEs, DFs); I think this match goes under, 19 games max

emart247
    emart247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I agree with horja, I didn't watch the match but I've been hearing that Chardy played awful and pretty much gave the match to Rosol.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post
    Well, I watched Rosol's match against Chardy and I can tell you that the entire match was about Chardy ... he hit 90% of both winner points and UEs; at one point, in second set, Rosol was a break up (I think the score was 4-3) but he had 0 or maybe 1 one winner shot - all his points came from his serve (which was ok) and, on Chardy's serve, all points were gifts from Chardy (UEs, DFs); I think this match goes under, 19 games max
    Quote Originally Posted by emart247 View Post
    I agree with horja, I didn't watch the match but I've been hearing that Chardy played awful and pretty much gave the match to Rosol.
    Unfortunately I was only able to watch the latter half of the Rosol/Chardy matchup when he finished him off, and didn't have a proper outlook to Rosol's current form.

With that said I appreciate the opinions gentlemen .

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

Court is slower, Rosol will struggle in my opinion.

HoodieAllen
    All day!
    HoodieAllen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

I took the 2-0 Ferrer bet and in the first set he smashed him 6-0. It was kind of expected.

HoodieAllen
    All day!

Real bad start for Ferrer in the 2nd set, hes straight up giving away points right and left, you might have been on to something with that bet

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Yeah I have no idea why the books set this total so low, despite Rosol's recent performance I didn't think he would crumble like previous performance would suggest, this was a nice 2 unit win.

HoodieAllen
    All day!

Have you seen the match? Ferrer was choking, nothing to do with Rosol, the guy that went 6-0 in the first set, got broken 3 times in the 2nd, that is just inconsistency, Rosol still sucked, it's just that Ferrer choked as per usual lately.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Yeah I have no idea why the books set this total so low, despite Rosol's recent performance I didn't think he would crumble like previous performance would suggest, this was a nice 2 unit win.
    Good pick, I did the same, using the same intelligence you suggested.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by HoodieAllen View Post
    Have you seen the match? Ferrer was choking, nothing to do with Rosol, the guy that went 6-0 in the first set, got broken 3 times in the 2nd, that is just inconsistency, Rosol still sucked, it's just that Ferrer choked as per usual lately.
    Yeah I watched most of it live, still you cannot discount Rosol in the 2nd set regardless of Ferrers UE's he deserves credit for putting the ball in play to cause those, he won 10 straight points at one time.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by lucullus View Post
    Good pick, I did the same, using the same intelligence you suggested.