frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Tsonga + Gasquet parlay

The race to London is being decided in Paris: Tsonga, Gasquet and Wawrinka are all in contention for the last two spots(with Raonic having a marginal chance if he gets to the final).

I know Tsonga and Gasquet have tough opponents tomorrow, but they are playing at home (French like to play at home) and they really need these wins: lots of money and prestige at stake. Both took the last week off to rest for this Masters tourney. I am parlaying both of their MLs for 1.5 units. Let me know if you think this is not a good idea.

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I like this. I think it's definitely a solid idea. Home crowd, meaningful matches, I'm with you BOL

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

seems like a logical play, both players with extra motivation , what is the payout of the parlay

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Little bit over +110 (JWT is -215, and Gas is -230 on 5D)

frugalgambler

I got it at about +120. I expect the payout will be dropping slowly.

Djohns04
    Djohns04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    I got it at about +120. I expect the payout will be dropping slowly.
    I like it Frugal, glgl

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tsonga I think will be no problem. Gasquet's motivation is shaky at best. He jerked himself out of points by losing in the 1st round last week in Vienna. That was a much easier tournament and draw that probably would have forced Tsonga to do a whole lot this week to over take him. This is not and it's never been all that good to him. Gasquet & Tsonga would meet next round in whay could be an elimination spot for the last spot for London ... although the winner of that match would still need to win another round at least.

Guys put a little too much into the home crowd element for some of these guys. I think guys like Monfils & Tsonga do get a boost because of their electric play and emotion. Gasquet, Benneteau, etc ... do not really inspire the crowd IMO to back them other than the fact that they are French. Look at Benneteay & Paire yesterday. Guys would have been better not showing up than what they put forth.

frugalgambler

I think (I hope) Gasquet took that week in Basel off: not a lot of points was to be made there and he has just won another small tourney in Moscow. I do not think he knew he would have to face Tsonga in the 3rd round Paris. I am actually more worried about Tsonga, given how volatile he has been and how Nishi has a 3-1 record against him (although Tsonga beat Nishi a few weeks ago in China). Anyway, we will see in a few hours. If these two dudes win, Wawrinka will have to win his match against Lopez or he will be eliminated from the race, as far as I know.

frugalgambler

I decided to check the 2012 race. Last year Gasquet was chasing Tipsarevic/Tsonga. I believe he had to make it at least to the SFs in Paris to have a chance. Well, he lost in the 2nd round to Anderson; Tsonga/Tipsy made it to QFs to advance to London. So, beware and tail with caution !!!

I am not going to cancel my parlay: as opposed to last year Gasquet had a full week of rest prior to this Masters and I think Gasquet is a more steady player this year (semis US Open); plus Verdasco is hopefully even more gassed from traveling week-in and week-out.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

the French are gutless, wouldnt put too much on it to be honest but it "should" hit

Minnesota Niice
    Minnesota Niice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Verdasco looked terrible yesterday

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Tsonga I think will be no problem. Gasquet's motivation is shaky at best. He jerked himself out of points by losing in the 1st round last week in Vienna. That was a much easier tournament and draw that probably would have forced Tsonga to do a whole lot this week to over take him. This is not and it's never been all that good to him. Gasquet & Tsonga would meet next round in whay could be an elimination spot for the last spot for London ... although the winner of that match would still need to win another round at least.

Guys put a little too much into the home crowd element for some of these guys. I think guys like Monfils & Tsonga do get a boost because of their electric play and emotion. Gasquet, Benneteau, etc ... do not really inspire the crowd IMO to back them other than the fact that they are French. Look at Benneteay & Paire yesterday. Guys would have been better not showing up than what they put forth.
    You must've missed the best match of Roland Garros then.

Hardcoar

Also, you do realize Verdasco would've anally raped both Janowicz and Kubot to advance to the Wimbledon SF, don't you?

Hardcoar

So the real question here is:

Why is Verdasco @ 2.9 against Ernestos Gulbizio but @ 2.75 against Gasquet?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a better question, where's Gina?

frugalgambler

The Gasquet match is on the Tennis Channel. Unreal: Gasquet had two MPs on Verdasco's serve, then saved 3 SPs in the tie-break only to lose it 6-8. The 3rd set is starting now. Let's see what happens. The crowd is very supportive but Verdasco is no slouch either.

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gasquet terrible on break points

frugalgambler

Unreal, Gasquet 2-12 on BPs for the match, 0-4 in the 3rd set so far.

losschaser

According to commentator if Gasquet loses Federer qualifies for WTF

losschaser

Gasquet finally breaks

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by losschaser View Post
    According to commentator if Gasquet loses Federer qualifies for WTF
    Pretty damn sure he's extremely likely or guaranteed to regardless, but he could be right.

losschaser

He needs to win one match otherwise I believe

losschaser

Gasgay wins!

frugalgambler

Yay Gasquet ! What a tough win. Richard's game does not really suit well for I_Hard: not a great serve and not a lot of pace off of his forehand or backhand. I think I will go against him in his next match, if Tsonga wins (I hope he does !). Verdasco played well for the most part, but luckily he started to give up too many unforced errors in the 3rd set.

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for posting he won lol google updates are like 10 mins behind, 5 team parlay looking good. Good luck to u guys

frugalgambler

Chris, use flashscore for instant scoring updates.

Hardcoar

Yay Gasquet ! What a tough win. Richard's game does not really suit well for I_Hard: not a great serve and not a lot of pace off of his forehand or backhand. I think I will go against him in his next match, if Tsonga wins (I hope he does !). Verdasco played well for the most part, but luckily he started to give up too many unforced errors in the 3rd set.
    Wow.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I have a better question, where's Gina?
    Who is Gina ???

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris, use flashscore for instant scoring updates.
    Wow that's so much better lol thanks

frugalgambler

Tsonga is playing injured in the 3rd. He really missed a couple of chances to close it out in the 2nd. I do not see how he wins the upcoming tie-break, so I think this one is going to be a loss. The funny thing is that he is going to cover the -2.5 gameline, even when losing. Ah, the irony of it.

frugalgambler

Unreal, I am just having a tough couple of days. A MP on Tsonga's serve in the tie-break and he double-faults on it. Just wow.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tennis crazy right now

Don't lose composure