jugg1
    jugg1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Basel final

Thoughts on Del Potro - Federer tommorrow?

losschaser
    losschaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

All depends on if Del Potro shows up or not

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Del Potro has played the more even tennis most of the week, but both had some sketchy moments today. Price seems fair for who they are right now. Delpo should expect Feddy's best effort or whatever that is at this point in the season @ home. I think the only way Federer is able to chip away and win is if Delpo has another "average" serving day like he did against ERV where he gave him some opportunities. Fed of course will have to serve well himself to stay in this. I doubt Del Potro would blow a 3-1 lead in the 3rd with the sort of serving he usually has.

sluggy1616
    Update your status
    sluggy1616's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4880

I think the match is an 'under' bet. Delpo is pretty lazy and has played a lot of tennis in the last month. If Delpo wins the first set he stays motivated and finishes it off in 2. If Fed wins the 1st set, Delpo 'quits' and drops the 2nd set.

gottimhimmel
    gottimhimmel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 876

There are so many reasons to back either play I honestly see a NO BET. Well at least that's me. The money is in the early rounds

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This is a tough one

Its a big match for Fed and his confidence

1st time in a while he is a real solid dog which takes pressure off him

I have lean towards Fed

sluggy1616
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sluggy1616 View Post
    I think the match is an 'under' bet. Delpo is pretty lazy and has played a lot of tennis in the last month. If Delpo wins the first set he stays motivated and finishes it off in 2. If Fed wins the 1st set, Delpo 'quits' and drops the 2nd set.
    I do think this is how things most likely play out, but if I keep thinking about the scenario I outlined other outcomes are possible. So NO BET for me. If I outline a scenario for a bet and I can review the outcome 3 times and still feel 90% confident in my analysis then I bet. I might be lucky but using this method, I have 9 wins and 1 loss in my last 10 plays.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

I do think this is how things most likely play out, but if I keep thinking about the scenario I outlined other outcomes are possible. So NO BET for me. If I outline a scenario for a bet and I can review the outcome 3 times and still feel 90% confident in my analysis then I bet. I might be lucky but using this method, I have 9 wins and 1 loss in my last 10 plays.
    My bad. 8-2 in last 10

jjgold

Fed has zero pressure here for 1st time in a while

He is DOG

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I think you fellas are over thinking this. Think about it. If Dimitrov wasn't such a flake he goes 3 sets with federer. Pospisil storms back and almost beats federer in 3. Delpo knows this is his chance. Think about the defeats he's taken from federer. Remember the medal event in 2012? This line I believe is inflated for delpo because he's played very average opponents and pretty much hasn't given it his all yet. I think delpo takes this in 2 sets unless he starts slow.

sluggy1616
    Update your status

I've found what I like.

Half unit parlay: ML on Ferrer + u22 feds & delpo

sluggy1616
    Update your status

I've found what I like.

Half unit parlay: ML on Ferrer + u22 feds & delpo
    its u23 and parlay is +150

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

He is DOG
    Not even close to accurate here. Cmon Tennis shift JJ.
    Del Potro has ZERO pressure.

Federer has ALL the pressure.
    Del Potro beat him in this final last year.
    This is Federer's home court.
    The line on the match indicates how poorly Federer has fallen off this year because he's 13-4 during his career vs. Del Potro.

This is probably the biggest pressure match Federer has had this year IMO with the circumstances.
    If he loses back to back years in this tourney at home to Del Potro, we could see a big collapse and possible retirement coming in the next year or so.
    Federer NEEDS this win. I'm rooting for him, and I'm on the plus money here.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

He is DOG
    Because Federoar cares about the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    I think you fellas are over thinking this. Think about it. If Dimitrov wasn't such a flake he goes 3 sets with federer. Pospisil storms back and almost beats federer in 3. Delpo knows this is his chance. Think about the defeats he's taken from federer. Remember the medal event in 2012? This line I believe is inflated for delpo because he's played very average opponents and pretty much hasn't given it his all yet. I think delpo takes this in 2 sets unless he starts slow.
    LOL!

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    Because Federoar cares about the odds.

LOL!
    Laugh at somebody's opinions, seems like something you would do. My record proves I do know what I'm talking about. Well shall see who comes out with the better record today.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lucasdawg, and BennyBigNuts

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Yeah hardcoar, if you're gonna troll on someone at least give something better than quoting him and a "LOL".

Matty is a good tennis guy. I look at his thread all the time. He's a documented winner also.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Yeah hardcoar, if you're gonna troll on someone at least give something better than quoting him and a "LOL".

Matty is a good tennis guy. I look at his thread all the time. He's a documented winner also.
    I appreciate that. I saw your pick on tursonov the other morning, I was kicking myself. Good job man. Hoadcoar, you seem like a smart guy. I'm curious. Why don't you use your supposed intelligence and create a winning atmosphere. I see your thread, I've visited maybe one time. I would like to visit more often but, you seem like your here more for the attention. Atleast your thread suggest that. I'm not the type of individual who likes to bash people. Sure a lot of my comments and phrases sound like a dog trying to Fck a football. I just wanted you to know that most of or almost all my comments are returned Via IPhone. My entire record/ breakdown on tennis, has been from my Phone. With that being said. Good luck today Hardcore

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    Laugh at somebody's opinions, seems like something you would do. My record proves I do know what I'm talking about. Well shall see who comes out with the better record today.
    If they are extremely laughable, then yes – absolutely.

I don't recall even remarking on your record, interestingly. I do recall remarking on what you said in that post though.

As for Benny (not that he has anything to do with this), I never said Matt is a "bad guy". It might pleasantly surprise you to know, I don't in fact think he is either.

jjgold

Fed playing well but age is a factor now