gottimhimmel
    gottimhimmel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 876

Tips/Strategies/Picks Thread

So I want to preface this by saying that I am ONLY interested in match betting, not setting betting nor game betting.

Question: I saw in the Shanghai Rolex Masters and Linz that indeed there always are a couple of +400 (the biggest Dog was Pospisil v Gasquet) or more upsets at least once in most tournaments, so the bigger question is what resources, strategies or advice do you guys have to try and select the dog at the right time?

Question: Do most of you like to pick the favorites, (-150 or better) and accumulate over time, do you look for close spreads and just throw it on the EV+ (the moneyline) player? Or do you only pick heavy Dogs, and hope to come out on top enough of the time?

Question: Have any of you a preference of throwing bets only on matches where there's a H2H history, or prefer to bet on matches where the players have never met before, or really no preference? Basically I am wondering exactly how much history really matters, and after what amount of time would you say that a past match is irrelevant to the upcoming match's outcome

Question: I use matchstat.com, I have played tennis my whole life and still do, so i love the sport, I watch tennischannel at home, and i use many a mobile app to see the latest news and tips, but still I've had a rough go as a novice, down $173 that I am going to pay off tomorrow, I do not want to give up just yet, so any words of general advice again for a novice getting beat up?

I live in Texas (CST) so for me as of posting it is 22:40

Here's the matches for today: http://www.matchstat.com/AllFixtures/

Let me know if you have any picks for today.
    Last edited by gottimhimmel; 10-14-13 at 10:47 PM.

mtc44380
    mtc44380's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 466

Tennis insight is also a good resource, im on my phone right now, so cant go into depth about things, ill try to write something up tomorrow, hopefully others do as well. There are some good tennis minds on this board, so it would be interesting to know others ideas too.
    Tennisinsight.com its mostly free, you get some stats and match ideas, if u pay for it, you get others ideas, tips and numbers on each match, but i would recommend not paying for it, just using it as another resource.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like head to head stats mainly and maybe last few tourneys as a tool

Matchstat nicely color coded also