wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

what do u guys think bout Ferrer Gasquet UNDER 39 Games

I have no idea who is going to win this match but i think its going to be a quick one considering how gassed both these guys are from prior matches.

even though it would seem the way both these guys hit the both we'd be in for a long match with a ton of a extended rallies. i see a ton of unforced errors cause of the fatigue and the sets not being close and whoever gets out infront early, closes it out. sure Dahveeed has the legs to grind it but he hasn't looked in prime form all tourney. he's not as physically fit as usual and even for him he's making some pretty unusual unforced errors

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I see 4-6 6-3 7-6 6-1 ferrer.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

I think Gasquet will take at least a set from Ferrer. This might go to 5-sets.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gasquet wins a set if he is able to start fast in the opener. If Ferrer breaks him early, I think Ferrer's chances of winning in straights like last year is there again. I think Gasquet's big thing is going to be whether or not he can mentally stay in this when Ferrer is forcing him into rallies and breaking his serve.

I'm not sure where you think Ferrer is not as fit as he has always been. That is how he wins. He's not exceptional in any area outside of fantastic defense and superior fitness. That's why he has this quiet streak of making Slam QFs. He doesn't have the weapons to beat the Big Three, but he can outlast just about anyone else with long rallies. For someone coming off a long, tough match like Gasquet and seeing Ferrer as the opponent - it's going to be a mental battle from the beginning. He has to show he is willing to go toe to toe and be on court for another four or five hours. Ferrer's willing every time out. I don't think Gasquet is. Certainly Ferrer is not immune to laying an egg, but I think he's won his matches with his usual formula and that formula has worked more often than not against Gasquet.

Under seems like a decent shot.

frugalgambler

Hmm, first of all Ferrer had a pretty easy draw and have not actually beaten any decent player on US hardcourts, losing to Bogomolov and Tursunov. Secondly, Ferrer has clearly reached his ceiling and it is all downhill from here on. Gasquet on the other hand is improving and in his prime, especially his fitness and mental fortitude this year is better than ever before. I do not think he will fold if he loses the first set tomorrow. Do not forget about a day of rest. I think time-wise they both spent about the same amount of time on the court.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ferrer is a mini Nadal
    Wears everyone down except other top 4 players

Easy win here

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Hmm, first of all Ferrer had a pretty easy draw and have not actually beaten any decent player on US hardcourts, losing to Bogomolov and Tursunov. Secondly, Ferrer has clearly reached his ceiling and it is all downhill from here on. Gasquet on the other hand is improving and in his prime, especially his fitness and mental fortitude this year is better than ever before. I do not think he will fold if he loses the first set tomorrow. Do not forget about a day of rest. I think time-wise they both spent about the same amount of time on the court.
    Gasquet spent a good 40+ minutes more on court than Ferrer. I do think Gasquet has done a bit more with his fitness, but his results in 2013 vs. 2012 aren't a whole lot different and there's fit and there's guys like Djokovic, Murray, Nadal & Ferrer. Gasquet was clearly hurting by the end of his match with Raonic. Ferrer looked ready to go to a 5th with Mr.T had he needed it.

And there's a large difference between Raonic & Ferrer in what Gasquet is going to have to work through today.

Ferrer's "ceiling" is still better than most on tour in this format. Pretty sure everyone has been saying Ferrer is "downhill" all year and all he has done is continue to perform at Slams. If you look at his track record, guy never does much on US hard courts in between Wimbledon & the US Open - but continues to get results in NY regardless.

Best of three, I give Gasquet a decent shot if he plays a fantastic match. Best of five? I don't think he's got enough gas unless Ferrer has a really off day and can't get anything to work.

Cornelius
    Cornelius's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Gasquet spent a good 40+ minutes more on court than Ferrer. I do think Gasquet has done a bit more with his fitness, but his results in 2013 vs. 2012 aren't a whole lot different and there's fit and there's guys like Djokovic, Murray, Nadal & Ferrer. Gasquet was clearly hurting by the end of his match with Raonic. Ferrer looked ready to go to a 5th with Mr.T had he needed it.

And there's a large difference between Raonic & Ferrer in what Gasquet is going to have to work through today.

Ferrer's "ceiling" is still better than most on tour in this format. Pretty sure everyone has been saying Ferrer is "downhill" all year and all he has done is continue to perform at Slams. If you look at his track record, guy never does much on US hard courts in between Wimbledon & the US Open - but continues to get results in NY regardless.

Best of three, I give Gasquet a decent shot if he plays a fantastic match. Best of five? I don't think he's got enough gas unless Ferrer has a really off day and can't get anything to work.
    Very true. The complexion between a 3 set and a 5 set match is so different. That's why there are more surprise wins in the smaller tourneys than GS. In GS players step it up another level, yes this is true but also sometimes players can go hot for 2 sets and hence would win in 3 set format but in a 5 set format they might just cool down and the consistent player slowly turns the match around after that. Oh and of course endurance is a big factor too.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Which is why Gascan 1:st @ 2.7 is the perfect bet.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ferrer in three or four sets unless he has one of those rare days when UEs fly off his racquet.

Gasquet is showing maturity in this slam, but Ferrer is too crafty and fit for him when his game is on point.

This over/under number is a tough nut to crack. Might bet Ferrer -5 or just wait to bet it live if work allows for it.

Although the past means practically nothing, I should point out that Ferrer has not dropped a set to Gasquet since Gasquet scored his lone win over Ferrer at the 2008 Toronto Masters.

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Oh shit... he must be due then, don't you think??

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    Ferrer in three or four sets unless he has one of those rare days when UEs fly off his racquet.

Gasquet is showing maturity in this slam, but Ferrer is too crafty and fit for him when his game is on point.

This over/under number is a tough nut to crack. Might bet Ferrer -5 or just wait to bet it live if work allows for it.

Although the past means practically nothing, I should point out that Ferrer has not dropped a set to Gasquet since Gasquet scored his lone win over Ferrer at the 2008 Toronto Masters.
    LOL> Ferrer is not crafty. He is like a bulldog that almost never gives up; but his tennis is also very straightforward like a dumb bulldog. Anyway, Gasquet to win a set is an easy winner. Go Frenchie !

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

ugh

here comes the GNAT DAH VEED and probably 5 sets.