Sam_Hawkins
    Sam_Hawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winston salem finals

Well have anyone seen melzer/querrey match? Cos I watched monfils and first his play did not impress me that much, if dolgo did not choke 4:0 lead, he would've probably lost...second, he had some health issues (ribs/hip/stomach w/e). So I would love to know how melzer was playing, cos he made me some money yesterday and I was more inclined on playing him than monfils.

Fistula
    Fistula's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

I haven't watched tennis for a week, but Melzer's in a final?! I'm betting on Monfils before his line goes down.

Sam_Hawkins

actually when melzer catches form he could be pretty dangerous, especially on fast surfaces...see for example his dallas/miami streak earlier this year...he's got good serve plus if he's not constantly choking his groundstrokes are pretty solid, too.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

I agree with Sam plus more disciplined player Melzer.

Fistula
    Fistula's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 456

I think Melzer is ordinary, but yeah he has a solid all-around game and he's more consistent than Monfils. But if Monfils has the multiple injury problems you said he does, how could he make it to the final?

Sam_Hawkins

One of those, not multiple
    But, anyway, he still looked like not serving with full power...he called a physician after losing 3:0, so dunno if it was just a tactical move or he's really injured

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

I watched most of Melzer last night. He was more or less on point throughout, producing some insane, improbable winners to the point he had Queermo shout out: "THERE'S NO WAY!!!" – I can vouch for the shots being that good indeed.

I haven't seen Melzer play that well since Monte Carlo, if even then either. He broke Querrey a total of five times if I'm not mistaken, although he did concede one re-break in 2:nd. Granted, Queermo really didn't play that well in 1:st but he certainly stepped up his level in 2:nd and still it wasn't anywhere near enough. I don't think you should underestimate the greatest clown in history though.

Sam_Hawkins

aight I will go for melzer then. Monfils certainly did not impress me at all.

Hardcoar

It's just I don't like these odds. Like I said elsewhere, consider the fact that Melzer was @ 3 against Queermo. Obviously this is a new match (and incidentally, the finals), but following the odds against Monfils today he should've been @ 1.5 last night.

It's too f*cking bad nobody will ever tell me what happened game-wise in the first...

Hardcoar

As it turns out you've got me covered. Cheers!

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    It's just I don't like these odds. Like I said elsewhere, consider the fact that Melzer was @ 3 against Queermo. Obviously this is a new match (and incidentally, the finals), but following the odds against Monfils today he should've been @ 1.5 last night.

It's too f*cking bad nobody will ever tell me what happened game-wise in the first...

Dolgo went up 3-0 or 4-0, and it was obvious Monfils was not trying. Monfils was not moving at all, though, so it's not like he was getting "out-played." He seemed destined to retire, but just took an injury timeout.

Monfils was rubbed down or whatever and went back out there. Dolgo was still playing OK briefly after the MTO, but Monfils got into his service game at 4-1, and Dolgo started to tighten up. Dolgo limped into a tiebreak, and neither player could quite get over the hill in the TB. The breaker was competitive, but that was about the only part of the match that was close after Monfils received treatment.

Frankly, I think Monfils would have outplayed Dolgo the entire match had he actually ran around the court and gave a fukk during those first four games. He clearly wasn't trying, to the point that Dolgo had confused expressions on his face after several points.
    Last edited by ParlayininHTown; 08-24-13 at 09:36 AM. Reason: grammar nazi

Hardcoar

Seems like classic LeMonf to me...

Alright, thanks guys!

WannabeWilly
    WannabeWilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Long time daily reader...rare poster. I was sitting 20 feet from Monfils. Rubbed and stretched his torso (abs). After that, he immediately changed demeanor and ran the court. I'm no expert (except on MLB), but I'm "heavy" (for me) on Monfils today. Watch for the big guy on the end of 2nd row immediately behind the player to the Officials left. Thanks to everyone on this site for sage advice.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Weird to see Melzer in the finals. Just ago in Austria he was losing to some never heard Austrian kid. The thing is - I can see Monfils win, but if he's injured, I wouldn't bet on him. Monfils can play his A game or he can get broken every serve. Never know.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by WannabeWilly View Post
    Long time daily reader...rare poster. I was sitting 20 feet from Monfils. Rubbed and stretched his torso (abs). After that, he immediately changed demeanor and ran the court. I'm no expert (except on MLB), but I'm "heavy" (for me) on Monfils today. Watch for the big guy on the end of 2nd row immediately behind the player to the Officials left. Thanks to everyone on this site for sage advice.
    Must be nice to watch such ATP quality tennis live. Only hope they come to Singapore one day. What colour top are u in?

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    Must be nice to watch such ATP quality tennis live. Only hope they come to Singapore one day. What colour top are u in?
    Don't worry. I hear they're bringing the ultimate shitfest next year!

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They only have a challenger tournament here in Finland. Had a change to go to see Nieminen vs Lacko final but refused due to the high price. Was like 40€ for the ticket. No thank you. Watched it online + Nieminen lost.

WannabeWilly
    WannabeWilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by theballsflop View Post
    What colour top are u in?
    Fat guy in white shirt with red hat sitting next to my 60 year old babe! If she knew 40 years ago what I would be today, she would have become a nun.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hahaha, u're a funny guy Willy. Enjoy the match!

Hardcoar

Yeah it could be a great one. Hope so!

w@lt
    w@lt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Melzer looks pretty good so far... jinx!

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Tennis betting is the most ridiculous shit. After the top 5 in men's tennis everyone else looks like a scrub seemingly every other day.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Monfils makes it all the way to the finals and then doesn't give a shit.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish Monfils would have just toughed out the second sets. Melzer +1.5 sets was golden from the start until he retired...

Sam_Hawkins

Whyyy I wanted to rather go for melzer 1st set than the whol but dumb me decided to go for whole match since the odds were better (obv.)
    Now I have a win with odds 1.00