poet
    poet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Wozniacki vs Halep

I really like Wozni here. She looked motivated tonight and at -110 is a good price. Halep has played a lot of tennis. I don't know her game as well as Wozni's but looking at her stats it seems like she struggles against counter punchers (on the hard courts), losing to the likes of Errani, Vinci, et cet... She went three sets just a couple of days ago with Carla Navarro and Wozni (if she is on her game) is as good a counter puncher as you can find, and she can generate her own offense as well.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

You consider Errani and Vinci to be bad players (~top-10). You have to more or less discard Halep's stats prior to this hardcourt season. She has been really improving since the start of the clay season. So far on the US soil, she had lost only to Serena, not bad huh ? Woz has also been playing well lately. Unfortunately, I have not seen Halep's matches lately, so I will probably stay away from this match. Looks to be a coinflip. If anything, I would consider the over.

poet

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    You consider Errani and Vinci to be bad players (~top-10). You have to more or less discard Halep's stats prior to this hardcourt season. She has been really improving since the start of the clay season. So far on the US soil, she had lost only to Serena, not bad huh ? Woz has also been playing well lately. Unfortunately, I have not seen Halep's matches lately, so I will probably stay away from this match. Looks to be a coinflip. If anything, I would consider the over.
    Thanks. I agree that it should be a coin flip but something tells me Halep might run out of gas against Wozni after all the tennis she has played. Errani and Vinci, those gals have cost me so much money (betting for them) that that's all the tennis from them that I recall.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Woz knows how to win and more experienced but this other chick coming on

Bet it live instead

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Wozniacki has only lost once in six years on these courts. 23-1.
    Halep has been winning tournaments left and right lately. I actually expected Woz to be favored more here. Not sure yet as this could be a trap. Woz was sick earlier at the start of this tournament and is feeling better she said. I think its her tournament to lose.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

Wozinacki owns this rinky dinky tournament

Year Round
    2012 semifinal
    2011 winner
    2010 winner
    2009 winner
    2008 winner

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

While that does mean quite a bit, it doesn't quite mean everything. It's equally easily overestimated as forgotten.

That said, I do like Wozniacki @ 1.9+.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

What an excellent year Halep has had particularly starting from Rome! I would guess that Woz's consistency will be too much for her today though.

theballsflop
    Fish
    theballsflop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

On Halep.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I'm on Woz. I only like betting on tennis matches I can actually see on TV. Then I truly get to see the unbelievable shit that most bum tennis players do, that other wise I would only get to keep track of on flashscore. Like when Dolgopolov is leading Monfils 4 games to nill, then Monfils gets hurt, then Monfils comes all the way back TO WIN THE SET and then he WINS THE MATCH IN STRAIGHT SETS. Tennis betting can be frustrating as Hell.

ohumad

oh lawdddddddd help Woz

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    oh lawdddddddd help Woz
    I don't know what kind of heathen lord you favor but we all know Jerzy damn well there's truly only one deity!

Hardcoar

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I'm on Woz. I only like betting on tennis matches I can actually see on TV. Then I truly get to see the unbelievable shit that most bum tennis players do, that other wise I would only get to keep track of on flashscore. Like when Dolgopolov is leading Monfils 4 games to nill, then Monfils gets hurt, then Monfils comes all the way back TO WIN THE SET and then he WINS THE MATCH IN STRAIGHT SETS. Tennis betting can be frustrating as Hell.
    You don't know a tenth of it.

It can also be the opposite of frustrating though... not that there's an antonym for it.

ohumad

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcoar View Post
    I don't know what kind of heathen lord you favor but we all know Jerzy damn well there's truly only one deity!
    How can a good Jerzy allow bad things to happen to good people?

Hardcoar

It's the church of Jerzy man. He loves f*cking people up. Jerzy don't give a f*ck. Ernests is his most devout follower by the way... Not that it was hard to notice to begin with!

poet

What a shame that Woz was not more patient and chocked on a couple of match turning points. The third set would have been hers.