ayororick
    ayororick's Avatar Become A Pro!

ayororick's picks

Going to start a thread to keep track of my picks, hopefully I'll post a few winners and win anyone who tails me some money, but if nothing else, it's a way to keep track of my plays. I'm not exactly a volume bettor, if I see something I like I'll pound it, won't do more than a few matches in a day. If I don't love it, I'm not on it, and if I'm on it, I'm on it pretty big.

Saisai Zheng got me of to a good start, 1-0 +6.65 units (missed the start but would up getting it in play for better odds!!)

First pick for tomorrow is Pospisil over Davydenko. In my opinion this line is a gift, Pospisil played fantastically against Berdych (not just his serve) and Davydenko was garbage against Bogomolov. Bogey played like crap and still made it close. Throw in the home court advantage and the fact that Pospisil has been lights out lately and I'm jumping all over this. Surprised to see such good odds for the kid, thought he'd be closer to -170.

All that being said, I'm going to hammer Pospisil for 10 units.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

GL buddy and thanks for Zheng pick. Lots of people on the forums are on Pospisil so hopefully he will come through tomorrow.

ayororick

Damn - could've got Pospisil at much better odds, oh well. Line movement definitely scares me but it always does when a Russian's involved, still loving Pospisil though.

ayororick

Well Davydenko is a giant pussbag, let's start off with that. Oh well. Quite like Raonic but I'm going to pass on that one as he's just too unpredictable. Going to move down to the challengers and take Rufin over Volandri. Both have won a challenger in the last few weeks, with Volandri playing better of late but almost exclusively in challengers, with Rufin splitting between those and the 250's. Anyway, Rufin really struggled in his first match, only made 44% of his first serves, but played well in the next match. Volandri has had two tough three setters in his first two matches, and I just can't see him pulling this one out.

Even though it's on the dirt, can't see anything other than a Rufin win, another play I love and another 10 units.

ayororick

Took me a little to get over that s#itshow by Rufin, but I'm back with the only thing more unpredictable than challengers, the WTA. Taking Puig over Scheepers. Puig has been in great form this season, especially on hard courts, and served well yesterday to beat Burdette. Scheepers will be a tougher task, she played well against Oudin, but I like the Puerto Rican for 3 units.

1-1 -3.35

ayororick

Good start to the day with the Puig win, puts me at 2-1 and -.35 units. Next play is Karin Knapp over Johanna Larsson. Both girls are claycourters so I don't expect either of them to set the tournament alight, and both have played well on clay lately. Knapp was far more impressive yesterday, getting through in two easy sets, with Larsson struggling in three. Knapp beat Larsson handily earlier, albeit on clay, so that coupled with the fact that Knapp has a slight edge in firepower, which is obviously conducive to hard courts, I like the Italian for 5 units.

ayororick

Well for whatever reason my Knapp bet didn't go through, too bad as she's playing well. In lieu of that I'm putting 5 units on Dominguez Lino.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by ayororick View Post
    Well for whatever reason my Knapp bet didn't go through, too bad as she's playing well. In lieu of that I'm putting 5 units on Dominguez Lino.
    She lost the first set

ayororick

Last I saw she was up 4-1!

ayororick

Going to start this thread back up...solid start to the season so far, won on Querrey, Matosevic, Sela, Lu and Muguruza. So, with 5 straight wins you know what that means...FADE!!!

Hanescu to beat Sousa. Yes, Hanescu has been in dire form, yes Sousa is probably the better player. But Victor did beat Sousa last time out, albeit on an indoor court. Sousa is probably the better player, but at +175 there's value on Hanescu. BOL!

ayororick

Thank you Victor! Will be posting some plays later on
    Attached Images  

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Thank you Victor! Will be posting some plays later on
    Nice risk. It paid, I'm happy for you

Hardcoar
    Curious Nick and Tenacious Kokk
    Hardcoar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4615

Good call!

ayororick

Cheers guys, nice little streak going here. Only two plays for tonight as of right now, but I may add more depending on how these do.

Puig @ +130. Normally try and stay away from the WTA at all costs but I really like Monica Puig here. Admittedly neither really ended last year on a high, and Flipkens narrowly beat her down under two years ago, but I think Puig kicks off her breakout year here, she has the ability to be a top 20 player in my mind, time for her to start showing it.

Sijsling @ -165. Mahut on hard courts just doesn't impress me. With his serve and the game he has, he should be a very good hard court player, but he doesn't seem to have the top gear here that he does on grass. He ended last year with a lot of challenger tournaments in France, while Sijsling really finished strong. I'll take the Dutchman here.

Been hot so riding the wave, bound to end soon enough though!!

ADDING: Knapp, Chardy
    Last edited by ayororick; 12-30-13 at 09:31 PM.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Cheers guys, nice little streak going here. Only two plays for tonight as of right now, but I may add more depending on how these do.

Puig @ +130. Normally try and stay away from the WTA at all costs but I really like Monica Puig here. Admittedly neither really ended last year on a high, and Flipkens narrowly beat her down under two years ago, but I think Puig kicks off her breakout year here, she has the ability to be a top 20 player in my mind, time for her to start showing it.

Sijsling @ -165. Mahut on hard courts just doesn't impress me. With his serve and the game he has, he should be a very good hard court player, but he doesn't seem to have the top gear here that he does on grass. He ended last year with a lot of challenger tournaments in France, while Sijsling really finished strong. I'll take the Dutchman here.

Been hot so riding the wave, bound to end soon enough though!!

Mahuts on a roll, he played good in the French masters 1000 event barely losing to Gilles Simon. I think he may take a step forward this year.

ayororick

Take a step forward at his age? I can't see it. Think he'll start slow, guess we'll see soon enough

ayororick

Good call on Mahut Matt! Today reminded me why I never bet on WTA matches, 0-2 there plus the Sijsling loss makes for a not so fun night, although Chardy make it slightly more bearable. Back at it early tomorrow morning with Thiem, was really impressed with his win over Cecchinato. Will post the rest of tomorrows plays in the morning

YTD: 3-2 +.75 units

ayororick

Well Thiem just didn't show up, takes me to 3-3 -.25. Two plays for tonight: 1 unit on Dimitrov and 5 on Anna-Lena Friedsam. As I've said, try to stay away from the WTA but Friedsam is worth playing in this situation, great odds too at -131.